Is Stealth B-52 Bomber worth the $11,000 sticker price?

abdula said:
use an engine that works similarly like the little cars for kids ...you push back the little car then it goes fast forward by it self....we can use this in ebike right ?
Pushing back is hard on a bicycle, you need to be able to add the human power while sitting on the seat and balancing. Given you need to hang onto the handlebars to balance and steer that only leaves the legs. Hey I know, what about some sort of leg powered propulsion ? With moving pedals to put your feet on, you could rotate them in a cyclic motion, and with a chain you could transmit that power to the back wheel and push the bike forward! :mrgreen:

Hyena said:
abdula said:
use an engine that works similarly like the little cars for kids ...you push back the little car then it goes fast forward by it self....we can use this in ebike right ?
Pushing back is hard on a bicycle, you need to be able to add the human power while sitting on the seat and balancing. Given you need to hang onto the handlebars to balance and steer that only leaves the legs. Hey I know, what about some sort of leg powered propulsion ? With moving pedals to put your feet on, you could rotate them in a cyclic motion, and with a chain you could transmit that power to the back wheel and push the bike forward! :mrgreen:

well...how about someone test this out...same idea in little cars for kids " hold ..push back then release..go fast forward" but if we only rotate the pedal crank backwards some times and then we get free fast forward power ?
good idea...just rotate your bicycle pedal crank backwards like 5 times and you get free energy ?
but it should not move the chains or the crank ...to focus power on rear tier.... we can add electric power to this idea ? or generate power using this idea ?

How about a big rubber band you wind up like those nifty Balsa Wood airplanes? Twist it for a couple minutes and zoom, away you go on a solid 4 hours of high speed riding.

Raisedeyebrows said:
How about a big rubber band you wind up like those nifty Balsa Wood airplanes? Twist it for a couple minutes and zoom, away you go on a solid 4 hours of high speed riding.

your idea and mine might look funny...but it might be really good and really effective ...but my idea is simple and save alot of electric power and save battery life.....its simple and cheap......the idea is ( pullback motor + push off button from switch" from little electric small motor brushless" to activate it instead of using your legs to pedal )

we just need someone to apply this idea and test it.

abdula said:
atarijedi said:
No, the Stealth isn't worth $11k.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

hi...can you give 2 reasons why it isn't worth $11k ?
thanks

Because this endless sphere member can build you a custom ebike from scratch that has stealth like performance for about 1/3rd the price. Is having the name STEALTH printed on your ebike, really worth a extra $7000 ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xpxwou5SUuA&t=4s

rumme said:
abdula said:
atarijedi said:

thanks

Because this endless sphere member can build you a custom ebike from scratch that has stealth like performance for about 1/3rd the price. Is having the name STEALTH printed on your ebike, really worth a extra $7000 ?

dont you think there is something suspicious about that build ? if he can build same and 10 times cheaper then he can replace that whole company and their whole team with only 1 person ? example: if bmw 2017 is $200k and another 1 person build same car for $10 bucks..........what you think is the different ?
different is ..quality and many other great things.

abdula said:
rumme said:
abdula said:
atarijedi said:

thanks

dont you think there is something suspicious about that build ? if he can build same and 10 times cheaper then he can replace that whole company and their whole team with only 1 person ? example: if bmw 2017 is $200k and another 1 person build same car for $10 bucks..........what you think is the different ?
different is ..quality and many other great things.

I said " stealth like performance for 1/3rd the cost"
That means, a stable ebike, that can handle 50 + mph speeds, has plenty of power/ torque, looks clean/nice , has hydraulic disc brakes , etc. It may not have every component matched to a $11,000 stealth bike, but I'm willing to make a few compromises on components, as long as those components function solidly and I'm getting a total package for 70% lower price. By the way, that ebike in the utube video is my ebike, and I'm confident it will keep up with any $11,000 stealth bomber. I can easily program my controller so I go above 50 mph.

No, he cannot replace the whole team that works at stealth ebikes , because this guy custom builds his ebikes, by himself. His overhead is low, therefore he can offer some of the best prices imagineable.

hey man...thanks for reply...here is what i think about that video/ebike:

1. how much have you paid for the batteries ? $1000 or $2600 usd ?
2. it really dosnt look like a bicycle ..but looks like a electric motorcycle.
3. how much noise it makes on high speed ?
4. is it heavy ?
5. did you win any race against stealth bomber b52 ?
thanks in advance

abdula said:
hey man...thanks for reply...here is what i think about that video/ebike:

1. how much have you paid for the batteries ? $1000 or $2600 usd ?
2. it really dosnt look like a bicycle ..but looks like a electric motorcycle.
3. how much noise it makes on high speed ?
4. is it heavy ?
5. did you win any race against stealth bomber b52 ?
thanks in advance

Yes, it doesn't look like a electric bicycle, and neither does a $11,000 Stealth. I did not custom order it, to go around and race $11,000 stealth ebikes. I'm not a pro rider , I'm just someone that wanted performance similar to what a Stealth can give, at 1/3rd the cost. With a 72 volt battery, my ebike can keep up with a $11,000 stealth and I'm happy with that for the low price I paid, and the fact that I am just a average ebike rider that wanted great performance at a great price.

If you wanna be a pro rider with the highest quality components, then stick with the $11,000 stealth.

abdula said:
atarijedi said:

thanks

1. They use low quality components, like the DNM forks and shocks. Don't be fooled that because they charge a high price, it means they are using quality, or the best components. They will put high quality components on it, but then the price will go even higher.
2. They use low cost components, yet their prices are super high, and labour cannot account for the differences in prices, so their markup has to be massive. For everything except the battery and controller, you could spend less than $3000 building it yourself. With a better battery than they offer, and with a more featureful controller, you would still only hit maybe $5000 at most.

I also don't like how they have a fenderless front wheel, along with an unprotected controller. That is a sloppy design in my opinion.

Like others have said, you can DIY a much better bike, for a much lower price. Plus you will learn a lot in the process, and be able to fix and/or upgrade your bike at any time. My bike, in the end, will probably have cost under $6500CAD ($5200USD), depending on the battery I decide to build for it.

atarijedi said:
abdula said:
atarijedi said:

thanks

1. They use low quality components, like the DNM forks and shocks. Don't be fooled that because they charge a high price, it means they are using quality, or the best components. They will put high quality components on it, but then the price will go even higher.
2. They use low cost components, yet their prices are super high, and labour cannot account for the differences in prices, so their markup has to be massive. For everything except the battery and controller, you could spend less than $3000 building it yourself. With a better battery than they offer, and with a more featureful controller, you would still only hit maybe $5000 at most.

I also don't like how they have a fenderless front wheel, along with an unprotected controller. That is a sloppy design in my opinion.

Like others have said, you can DIY a much better bike, for a much lower price. Plus you will learn a lot in the process, and be able to fix and/or upgrade your bike at any time. My bike, in the end, will probably have cost under $6500CAD ($5200USD), depending on the battery I decide to build for it.

yes it is very expensive ...i dont know what makes it cost $11 or $9.900 usd....i contacted their website told them is there any alternative method cheap for batteries .. ? and they said only their batteries works with their ebikes.

guys i believe its possible to make electric bicycle with electric motor but without batteries .....the idea is simple ...like the electric bus .....imagine electric bicycle with long thin antena ( or small advanced antena) attached to bicycle that captures all electric energey from wires or any near resource that have electricity and convert it to power to motor .....and boom free electric power to motor for ever no need for $2600 usd battery pack...we just need to test this idea in reality

You should only need a few thousand miles of wires for that, plus conversion electronics and storage.

It'd be cheaper to use the battery, and it'd be easier to carry around.

Maybe you could build a big solar panel trailer and haul it behind you; it'd also be cheaper and smaller than the wires to do what you want.

I'm in this ebike for around $3000 . It will keep up with the Stealth as far as speed .

GPS told me I hit 55 mph a few weeks ago and I still had throttle left to give it, but backed off. I had the controller programmed so now it will only hit top speed of around 45 mph,which is plenty for me.

Battery is 72 volt- 28.4 AHS - Samsung cells. Has hydraulic disc brakes , adjustable front/rear shocks , tubeless tires , nice kickstand ferro fluid in the motor , and I upgraded the wiring to 8 gauge . I'm using a Lyen controller and running sensorless. IMHO, no way in hell the Stealth bomber is worth 7-8 grand more then my ebike.

I think the only things that I disliked was the turning radius of the front wheel . Its much less then a normal bicycle and I guess a stealth bomber may have the same issue. With this type of ebike, you have to really lean into tight turns, kinda like a motorcycle. It only has 1 gear, and that gear is to low to really pedal if the bike breaks down.

Attachments

• ebike3.jpg
    ebike3.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 2,058
rumme said:
I'm in this ebike for around $3000 . It will keep up with the Stealth as far as speed .

GPS told me I hit 55 mph a few weeks ago and I still had throttle left to give it, but backed off. I had the controller programmed so now it will only hit top speed of around 45 mph,which is plenty for me.

Battery is 72 volt- 28.4 AHS - Samsung cells. Has hydraulic disc brakes , adjustable front/rear shocks , tubeless tires , nice kickstand ferro fluid in the motor , and I upgraded the wiring to 8 gauge . I'm using a Lyen controller and running sensorless. IMHO, no way in hell the Stealth bomber is worth 7-8 grand more then my ebike.

I think the only things that I disliked was the turning radius of the front wheel . Its much less then a normal bicycle and I guess a stealth bomber may have the same issue. With this type of ebike, you have to really lean into tight turns, kinda like a motorcycle. It only has 1 gear, and that gear is to low to really pedal if the bike breaks down.
Hey, how much work did you put in to build your bike? I might want to buy it from you for $3000, if it is indeed just as good?

Or, if you are not selling, please post your list of parts so that others could build the same.

MX Engineer said:
rumme said:

Hey, how much work did you put in to build your bike? I might want to buy it from you for $3000, if it is indeed just as good?

Or, if you are not selling, please post your list of parts so that others could build the same.

If you look back on this thread, I posted info about a member on here, that builds these or can sell you all the parts individually, so you can assemble it. You may want to contact him. I did not plan on selling this , but thanks for the offer.

MX Engineer said:
rumme said:
If you look back on this thread, I posted info about a member on here, that builds these or can sell you all the parts individually, so you can assemble it. You may want to contact him. I did not plan on selling this , but thanks for the offer.
I think I remember your post and that member. His price was about $9K, not $3K.

Na.....not $9000 unless you need it shipped to antartica.

rumme said:

Wow, that's awesome. Much nicer than my China Clonebix.

S, any updates on your rides? Also, can you ride motorcycle trails without a green sticker?

2old said:
S, any updates on your rides? Also, can you ride motorcycle trails without a green sticker?

I haven't ridden on any dirt bike specific trails or OHV specific areas. The multi-use areas I've been to around big bear don't require it. I've also never seen a ranger out there, only other off roaders or dirt bikes.

I've been using it mostly to get to and from the train station. I'm only able to ride it 3 times a week, so the mileage on the bike is still rather low. I'm only at around 350ish on the odometer. Those Duro Wildlife 24x3.0 tires don't like the street a whole lot. My rear tire is almost smooth down the center. :lol:

Back