My Build Plan - Any Advice?

jjstripes

1 mW
Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about powering up my old litespeed pisgah with an ​X1 PRO GEN2, torque sensing version with the chain drive.

It's currently a single speed. Any advice on what parts I should use for gears? Is the high-end XTR good for this type of application or is there something lower-end and heavier that is more appropriate for this kind of power?

I don't plan on doing much trail riding. I'm mainly going to use this bike for short trips to the beach for a lunchbreak swim or an evening ride to my parent's house. None of these trips will require more than 12 miles of range, but I'd like to be able to reach speeds up to 40mph without peddling, except for starting out because I've read its not good to push this motor from a dead stop. I read that whole super long thread on this motor btw. Anyone have thoughts on battery selection? Like I said, i don't need a lot of range, but I do want to be able to cruise at 35mph.

I think I can convert this bike to disk brakes so that's another thing if anyone has any thoughts on parts selection I'm all ears.

As far as controllers go, im thinking about going with the bac800. I've read there's issues with the stock controller and the other one they offer is the bac2000 which a lot of people are recommending but it looks like it has to be mounted separately which I'd like to avoid. Thoughts please and thank you.

Okay, that's all for now. I'm sure I'll come up with more questions.

Attachments

• 20200515_202645 (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1).jpg
    20200515_202645 (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1).jpg
    485.6 KB · Views: 221
40mph is pretty fast for a bicycle, if you crash at that speed you’ll be very sore! Aim for 30 and you’ll actually be able to steer around potholes before you hit them.

Those forks probably won’t support more than a 180mm front disk if that- the older ones twist a scary amount.

Check what bottom bracket the frame has, if it’s a plain threaded 68 or 73mm you’ll be ok.

Back