NEED BMS FOR MY BATTERY (DOWN TUBE- HAILONG BATTERY CASE)

Supreme Kay

10 mW
Hello ebikers
The BMS of my battery pack is defective and need to be replaced. I own a 48volt (11.6ah ) battery pack made with Panasonic NCR18650PF, I use my pack on a 1000 Watts e-bike motor with a 30 amp controller that output 1000w constantly. After testing my pack I determined the BMS was the issue since one wire of the BMS was cut , this happened when I was put the pack in my battery case (Down Tube is also known as hailong). I have a second pack of 48 volts made of Samsung 18650 - 26F which work without problem with my e-bike. Soldering the cut wire did not solve the issue. I am currently looking for a BMS (30 amp continuous discharge current and 2.5 or 2.7-volt cell cut off voltage) I came across one BMS that is of interest to me on Aliexpress : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/High-quality-48V-13S-lithium-ion-battery-BMS-for-electric-bike-lithium-battery-with-30A-continuous/2025451657.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.dHCjSx
However, I do not know if this BMS is going to work with the battery meter of my battery case. My currently broken BMS has P- (Negative discharge), C- (Negative discharge ) and B- (Connect to negative of battery). The new BMS on Aliexpress has the same port. I contacted the seller and I am still waiting on a reply. Will this BMS work with the battery meter of my down tube (hailong) battery case?
I am open to suggestion of different BMS as well. Thank in advance for your help

Attachments

• Webp.net-compress-image (2).jpg
    Webp.net-compress-image (2).jpg
    350.9 KB · Views: 1,009
  • Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
    Webp.net-compress-image.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 1,009
It's difficult to tell from the photos, but it looks like the new BMS connector has 14 pins and the old one has 13 pins, so you need to do a bit of wiring to get everything to match up correctly.

The battery meters normally work independently, so nothing should change.

Basically, you can use any BMS that will physically fit in the case, but you nearly always have to do a little bit of wiring to connect them correctly - nothing difficult because, in principle, they all work the same.

You should be OK then, but you still need to check that the same wires go to the same pins. they should be marked B0 to B13.

Back