Sondors x new bike the Metacycle

MJSfoto1956 said:
JimVonBaden said:
... plus no license plate holder...

Well, at least there certainly is a license plate holder as shown in the many photos of the bike.

Silver-2.jpg

In Texas turn signals aren't required on motorcycles so that wouldn't be a obstacle for registration either.

Hummina Shadeeba said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
[youtube]HjbdDhEInDc[/youtube]

how long till it will be available?

how heavy is the removeable battery?

how does the torque on this compare to other bikes?

It's hard to say when they'll be ready for shipping, but I'll be one of the first ones to know. As shipping dates start being announced, and I'll post any news I find out about.

My 35ah 72v battery weighs about 25 lbs, so I'm guessing the claimed 55 ah 72v battery will be around 45 lbs.

No one knows about the acceleration yet.

Theodore Voltaire said:
Hummina Shadeeba said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
[youtube]HjbdDhEInDc[/youtube]

how long till it will be available?

how heavy is the removeable battery?

how does the torque on this compare to other bikes?

It's hard to say when they'll be ready for shipping, but I'll be one of the first ones to know. As shipping dates start being announced, and I'll post any news I find out about.

My 35ah 72v battery weighs about 25 lbs, so I'm guessing the claimed 55 ah 72v battery will be around 45 lbs.

No one knows about the acceleration yet.
i thought i read something like 20ft/lbs of torque or something somewhere.

and it will be highway legal?

looks nice.

Hummina Shadeeba said:
i thought i read something like 20ft/lbs of torque or something somewhere.

and it will be highway legal?

looks nice.

It better be street legal, if it's not it won't be much good to anyone.

[youtube]UvT5-sZwX5s[/youtube]

Hummina Shadeeba said:
how does highway legality work for electric bikes? for gas they state must be 150cc or more.

In New York, they have to be on an approved list of certified makes/models. There are three classes of what the state calls "mopeds" oddly enough: low speed (30 or 35MPH top speed) medium speed (45MPH, again IIRC) and Motorcycle, which has to be able to go 60MPH. They are designated Class I and Class II for lower speeds, but I forget which is which. Sondors will have to get the Feds to approve the bike for street operation, and of course the bikes will have to have unique serial numbers.

LeftieBiker said:
Hummina Shadeeba said:
how does highway legality work for electric bikes? for gas they state must be 150cc or more.

In New York, they have to be on an approved list of certified makes/models. There are three classes of what the state calls "mopeds" oddly enough: low speed (30 or 35MPH top speed) medium speed (45MPH, again IIRC) and Motorcycle, which has to be able to go 60MPH. They are designated Class I and Class II for lower speeds, but I forget which is which. Sondors will have to get the Feds to approve the bike for street operation, and of course the bikes will have to have unique serial numbers.

so as far as legal restraints related to power and speed it just has to go 60mph to be legal for the highway? Id think the requirements would be federal. 60 sounds like enough to get down the on-ramp and then a danger once on the highway.

Sondors will have to get the Feds to approve the bike for street operation, and of course the bikes will have to have unique serial numbers.

Its a pretty high bar to pass to get road legal, lights, mirrors, efficiency for gas, and crash safety. Makes it expensive. Of course to get sales in California have a whole other test to pass. Probably some ethical plastics installed.

Hummina Shadeeba said:

so as far as legal restraints related to power and speed it just has to go 60mph to be legal for the highway? Id think the requirements would be federal. 60 sounds like enough to get down the on-ramp and then a danger once on the highway.

That's pretty much it, last time I checked. My ZEV 5000LA just barely qualified as a Motorcycle. I definitely avoided using it on freeways.

LeftieBiker said:

That's pretty much it, last time I checked. My ZEV 5000LA just barely qualified as a Motorcycle. I definitely avoided using it on freeways.

The Zev had lead acid batteries. This thing should at least have csc cyclone 250 levels of acceleration and be high way usable in the slow lane. Fun no unusable and a death sentence also no.

of course the hole is an aesthetic that says, Look I'm Electric!:) .. why not use that space as storage with aftermarket or diy glove box enclosure.. or a rear rack could likely be fitted to the seat tail?.. in the usa theres not many choices for a $5k eStreet bike.. so this should be a hit where surron white ghost missed (the price point and deliver)..

Buyers that preordered a Metacycle started reporting today in the Sondors owners group that they received a message from Sondors informing them that production was progressing better than expected, and their estimated shipping date is now moved up from the 4th qtr of this year to the 3 qtr.

the controller is only maybe 300 shipped. https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/VOTOL-em-200-72600-brushless-dc_62516316083.html?spm=a2700.galleryofferlist.normal_offer.d_title.306237ddVsMvw3

the battery is only 400 watthours. thats not much. im surprised because its 50 lbs and looks big

if only i could find a cool looking road motorcycle or supermotard frame

the guy doing the video seems pretty unbiased and gave a bunch of good info i thought and entertaining besides. i didnt hear him say you cant make such a bike for 5k. like him to do a breakdown of the mid-drive bike behind him.

You could buy a pretty cool used gas motorcycle for $5k, or buy a new motorcycle for a cheap monthly price. There is an added bonus to leasing/financing the motorbike, as it helps build your credit rating by not much up front cost and not much monthly cost.

Also, you are dealing with a known quality standard with repair shops on every corner that can fix your motorbike which is not so with Sondors.

Back