Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Yes, you want to be able to set the length and power of the boost to tune the 6kmh start.

speedict said:
will do, however as per existing speedict ebike programming space, for these parameters setup we need to remove 2 function mode, such as "Simply Cut" and "PAS to Throttle" and i think removed these function won't affect road legal 1 or 2 users :D

Removing those funtions are no problem for me.

Is the new speedict alrady send?
Cant wait to try the new options.

For the the old one i can miss the other functions to.

Erikjan said:
Is the new speedict alrady send?
Cant wait to try the new options.

For the the old one i can miss the other functions to.

not yet, we need to redesign the in-house calibrating tools because for mass product use android client to calibrate is painful :D
target this week !

megacycle said:
Talking about not wasting power, one similar to this, yummy tiny non contact, non wasty, current sense, View attachment 1
or even one that's zip ties on side of cable, instead of breaking into the cable for the sense,
personally would be on my wishlist.

Current sense IC arrived today, see if have time for prototype next time :D

Attachments

• mercury-and-curent-sensor.jpg
    mercury-and-curent-sensor.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 964
Is that similar to the bi directional Allegro 756.
http://www.allegromicro.com/en/Products/Current-Sensor-ICs/Fifty-To-Two-Hundred-Amp-Integrated-Conductor-Sensor-ICs/ACS756.aspx.
Is this just for Mecury or the in line external application too?

megacycle said:
Is that similar to the bi directional Allegro 756.
http://www.allegromicro.com/en/Products/Current-Sensor-ICs/Fifty-To-Two-Hundred-Amp-Integrated-Conductor-Sensor-ICs/ACS756.aspx.
Is this just for Mecury or the in line external application too?

yes it is 756, and it is for EV application.

Erikjan said:
any news yet?

we have discovered the firmware upgrade was imperfect, some glitches occurred so we need some time for inspections, also we want to add 2 more features to it, estimated we need 2 more weeks :cry:

on software side :

1. website re-design
2. user guide
3. 2 more features

hardware (software) side :

1. spend some time on firmware upgrade improvement

Sorry if this has already been covered! I just searched the thread and couldn't find anything. But how would the speedict handle spikes of up to 160A? Is it possible to modify it to allow this much current? My bike does not use more than 40 or 50 amps continuous but I think that the current can reach 160 amps for a small amount of time.

fizzit said:
Sorry if this has already been covered! I just searched the thread and couldn't find anything. But how would the speedict handle spikes of up to 160A? Is it possible to modify it to allow this much current? My bike does not use more than 40 or 50 amps continuous but I think that the current can reach 160 amps for a small amount of time.

my answer is yes and no, speedict mars, mercury and venus can survive 160 amps peak current as long as temperature won't melt the solder paste (for peak 160 amp, i don't think temperature will be high as such melting point), however 160 amp current will excess the measuring range (> 100A).
if it is spike i don't think you need to measure or log it right ?

Thinking, anytime will you be able to have output power shown on Speedict, that would be awesome to see power delivered at the wheel and consequently efficiency of motor/controller.

Strain gauges in the dropouts :lol:

Better explain, one way could measure the torque output is use a strain gauge, in between motor shaft and a dropout to measure the force between the two parts and multiply by rotation speed should be proportional to motor output power.

megacycle said:
Better explain, one way could measure the torque output is use a strain gauge, in between motor shaft and a dropout to measure the force between the two parts and multiply by rotation speed should be proportional to motor output power.

as long as it can provide signal to speedict's data port.

Looking at thin piezo type transducer.

Might be a while.
There's going to be some researching.
Was looking at pedlec torque sensing and how they work as Ive never seen one.
Some measure using halls and measure displacement, chain tension etc and bb types, don't know, but they have digital out too.
There's an old model, appear to have had a device maybe a strain gauge on the dropout.
How to mod hmm.
Found this not sure exactly what it is http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/1172-home-made-pedelec-pedal-torque-sensor.html
biegesensor_tmm4_mit_kabel_fuer_nexus-0052020503.jpeg

megacycle said:
Might be a while.
There's going to be some researching.
Was looking at pedlec torque sensing and how they work as Ive never seen one.
Some measure using halls and measure displacement, chain tension etc and bb types, don't know, but they have digital out too.
There's an old model, appear to have had a device maybe a strain gauge on the dropout.
How to mod hmm.
Found this not sure exactly what it is http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/1172-home-made-pedelec-pedal-torque-sensor.html

i know this gadget, torque sensor, not for sales as standalone ... software can help torque :D (beside startup)

speedict said:
my answer is yes and no, speedict mars, mercury and venus can survive 160 amps peak current as long as temperature won't melt the solder paste (for peak 160 amp, i don't think temperature will be high as such melting point), however 160 amp current will excess the measuring range (> 100A).

Ah, I see. Thanks for the response! Would it be possible for me to modify the shunt and re-calibrate to allow higher current measurement?

fizzit said:
speedict said:

Ah, I see. Thanks for the response! Would it be possible for me to modify the shunt and re-calibrate to allow higher current measurement?

you can replace with smaller shunt value but will affect its accuracy because measuring range is wider e.g. 0-200A

Does any one know if this device can showAh/KM? as in AmpHours per Kilometer? Which is what I believe the CA can do or Wh etc. Can't see anything about it on the web page.
Any one compared this to a CA? I can't help but think it is better/cleaner deal if you got an Android smart phone as long as its got all the same features as a CA.
I noticed that the photos and videos on the speedict web site are pretty dated, that Sony Ericson phone is a Symbian phone I am pretty sure, I think even Nokia admit that Symbian is a deceased phone OS.

speedict said:
you can replace with smaller shunt value but will affect its accuracy because measuring range is wider e.g. 0-200A

Cool! And the firmware would allow that?

Edit: I mean the android software. If I mod the shunt can it show up to 200A? or will it still max out at 99.9?

Back