Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5, vlcd6 and xh18

Does the parameter MOTOR_ACCELERATION perhaps have an big effect on the maximum power transmission to the blue gear?

Before I went on tour yesterday, I improved the heat conduction of my engine and also looked at the blue gear. It looked almost like new, absolutely intact (after ~500km). But on my tour, after about 15km the gear broke down... Surely the better heat conduction also made the gear wheel hotter, which makes the plastic naturally softer.
But at the same time, according to the instructions, I increased the value of MOTOR_ACCELERATION from 25 to 35 (48V battery, 48V motor), so I wonder if this also has a big negative effect?

Since the shipping costs of pswpower are astronomically high (40+$) at the moment, I'm trying to print a new gear and would like to reduce the load as much as possible.

bingo5 said:
...parameter MOTOR_ACCELERATION ......
....... Surely the better heat conduction also made the gear wheel hotter, which makes the plastic naturally softer.
.....according to the instructions, I increased the value of MOTOR_ACCELERATION from 25 to 35 (48V battery, 48V motor),....
This is what is in the instruction:
36 volt motor, 48 volt battery = 5 %
36 volt motor, 52 volt battery = 0 %
48 volt motor, 36 volt battery = 45 %
48 volt motor, 48 volt battery = 35 %
48 volt motor, 52 volt battery = 30 % */

Acceleration of the engine.
As a first setting, use low values, then gradually increase if necessary.
Consider the values in the table as maximum values.
Set carefully, aware that setting a higher value than necessary can cause greater stress on the transmission.

The goal for shedding heat is to first conduct the heat coming from the motor, phase wiring etc **away** from the motor.

The outer surface of the case is where it dissipates into the frame and airflow.

That requires everything in between including gearing to also get hot faster than if the heat were being retained inside the motor.

Replace the plastic with metal? Yes, noisier but. . .

Elinx said:
This is what is in the instruction:
Acceleration of the engine.
As a first setting, use low values, then gradually increase if necessary.
Consider the values in the table as maximum values.
Set carefully, aware that setting a higher value than necessary can cause greater stress on the transmission.[/i][/size]
Just like john61ct writes, due to the better heat conduction to the case surface, the heat is also better conducted to the gear space.

My question is if this is the main reason or the increased parameter. Since I don't understand the background of the parameter either - 35% of what? What does 100% mean?

Maybe it makes sense in the next version to point out the possible danger more clearly. Since I only thought of the bicycle gear shift when I read "...higher value than necessary can cause greater stress on the transmission".

A metal gear wheel is also my favourite solution, but as I said, the shipping costs are astronomical at the moment. Alternatively via eBay with long shipping times. So I try the prints myself, but my nylon filament is still in the shipping department.

Waynemarlow said:
I have a spare brass gear but you will have to tell me of which type. I'm not sure if you are EU based ?

Apparently my PN hasn't been sent, so here's my answer again.

What do you mean? What kind of type? I mean this gear: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32827565766.html
And yes, I come from the EU, from Germany to be precise.

Hi. Since I had a few hassles getting the firmware flashed using the configurator I thought I should share the pitfalls I hit. I knew my stlink-v2 clone worked as I had installed Casainho fork on a sw102 but wanted to try EMTB as well as learn how to use the configurator as changing settings using the display is not my favourite hobby. Firstly I had installed the ST toolset from my own user account giving temporary Admin priviliges. On this install it doesn't give an option to install to the c:\ drive, I tried changing the flash.bat to the correct path. Didn't work. Looked at the compile_20 and found that also had ST link cmd.exe as C:\. couldn't change it as I am not the author (also was a stab at getting it working based on wiki advice at changing path in flash.bat rather than from any strong knowledge base). Gave up. Came back to it, logged on as admistrator, installed to C:\ went back to user account tried again, still getting errors, wasn't finding sdcc compiler. Logged on as Administrator, nearly worked, compiled but getting error saying ST link not working properly or busy. Knew it worked from previous install. Used battery instead of power from ST link and it all went smoothly. My advice to anyone using the configurator for the first time is use the admin account for installation and flashing.

Now that it's flashed my first impressions are that it is very good (nice work guys), all that's needed is a decent run to compare with sw102.

bingo5 said:
Waynemarlow said:
I have a spare brass gear but you will have to tell me of which type. I'm not sure if you are EU based ?

Apparently my PN hasn't been sent, so here's my answer again.

What do you mean? What kind of type? I mean this gear: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32827565766.html

There are two types, one has a straight cut gear and the other a helical gear ( late motor )

Waynemarlow said:
bingo5 said:

There are two types, one has a straight cut gear and the other a helical gear ( late motor )

I think the brass/nylon reduction gear is always helical, only the big main gear has helical and straight versions. Or am I wrong?

Hi everybody.
I want to buy a ST-LINK V2 to update the firmware of my my tsdz2.

Which device do you recommend to buy ?

1) ST-Link V2 Stlink Emulator Downloader Programming Mini (more or less ten dollars)

https://www.amazon.it/ST-LINK-Unit%C3%A0-Programmazione-Downloader-Emulatore/dp/B084LFKY1P/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=ST-Link+V2&qid=1586591286&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFUWllITkpURjhCT0wmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAxMTYyNDEyU0dBMEpLWEY4TFYzJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxOTU0MjkzUEszTFFSVFpYUlVHJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

or

2) OVJ Emulatore ST-LINK / V2 (CN) Downloader ST LINK STLINK STM8 STM32 (more or less 30 dollars) ?

https://www.amazon.it/OVJ-Emulatore-ST-LINK-Downloader-STLINK/dp/B0786Q9Z44/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=ST-Link+V2&qid=1586591286&sr=8-9

I don't understand the differences ?
Thanks!!!

mariosss said:
Hi everybody.
I want to buy a ST-LINK V2 to update the firmware of my my tsdz2.

Which device do you recommend to buy ?

1) ST-Link V2 Stlink Emulator Downloader Programming Mini (more or less ten dollars)

https://www.amazon.it/ST-LINK-Unit%C3%A0-Programmazione-Downloader-Emulatore/dp/B084LFKY1P/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=ST-Link+V2&qid=1586591286&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFUWllITkpURjhCT0wmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTAxMTYyNDEyU0dBMEpLWEY4TFYzJmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTAxOTU0MjkzUEszTFFSVFpYUlVHJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

or

2) OVJ Emulatore ST-LINK / V2 (CN) Downloader ST LINK STLINK STM8 STM32 (more or less 30 dollars) ?

https://www.amazon.it/OVJ-Emulatore-ST-LINK-Downloader-STLINK/dp/B0786Q9Z44/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=ST-Link+V2&qid=1586591286&sr=8-9

I don't understand the differences ?
Thanks!!!

I'd say the 1st one. Looks completely adequate and I've been using same kind of unit to update my firmware.

Hi, sorry for my poor english. I downloaded the software via Java cofnfigulator from this link https://github.com/stancecoke/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike/find/master?q= I set my battery to 14s and minimum voltage 42v and set 48v for the engine. I changed nothing more. Unfortunately, I still have a problem with the info button, which hangs the display and nothing can be done.

https://youtu.be/QuN4Mf73NRU

Just installed the latest fw from stancecoke git with my vlcd6. Now I’m having trouble understanding the on display configuration. Is there a more detailed guide than the manuals provided in the repository?

stefkrger said:
..... Is there a more detailed guide than the manuals provided in the repository?
Imho is this the most detailed guide you can get (5 pages}. It describes all steps in a logical order to configure the motor with the display. Only minor point is if you want this to do on the fly, you need to know al lot of information or have a paper copy with you.

7lucky7 said:
I'm really struggling to find a good guide to installing this on my tsdz2 with vlcd5 display. Can anyone please point a poor noob in the right direction.

I put my wanted settings in TDSZ2 Parameter Configurator and manual change settings in edit_advanced.bat.
After that i save settings in edit_advanced.bat file compile and flash the firmware.

When i want to change settings i put new settings in edit_advanced.bat file and compile. Now my old advanced.bat settings are overwritten.
Isn`t it possible to restore old _advanced.bat settings only? or is this only .ini settings in Parameter Configurator ? :?

maki1000 said:
Hi, sorry for my poor english. I downloaded the software via Java cofnfigulator from this link https://github.com/stancecoke/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike/find/master?q= I set my battery to 14s and minimum voltage 42v and set 48v for the engine. I changed nothing more. Unfortunately, I still have a problem with the info button, which hangs the display and nothing can be done.

The display broke?
Isn't it that you flashed with the display on?
The VLCD5 doesn't like this!

cejean said:
I put my wanted settings in TDSZ2 Parameter Configurator and manual change settings in edit_advanced.bat.
After that i save settings in edit_advanced.bat file compile and flash the firmware.

When i want to change settings i put new settings in edit_advanced.bat file and compile. Now my old advanced.bat settings are overwritten.
Isn`t it possible to restore old _advanced.bat settings only? or is this only .ini settings in Parameter Configurator ? :?
In the next version that I will release shortly, all the parameters will be in the configurator.
Java Configurator Layout (3 tab)

mbrusa said:
In the next version that I will release shortly, all the parameters will be in the configurator.

Awesome! Thank you for your work. I feel this firmware version works really well and with the configurator the settings will be easier to manage, especially for new users.

ilu said:
mbrusa said:

Awesome! Thank you for your work. I feel this firmware version works really well and with the configurator the settings will be easier to manage, especially for new users.

Yea, me too. I haven't experienced any issues with the 20.1Beta. Having the option to change settings in the configurator will be a useful update, especially for those not so comfortable with editing the text file.

Thanks to @StanceCoke for making the new configurator design available and thanks to @Mbrusa for the updates. I am sure all the riders appreciate the excellent work you have done.

Cheers Emma

Thanks to @StanceCoke for making the new configurator design available and thanks to @Mbrusa for the updates. I am sure all the riders appreciate the excellent work you have done.

Cheers Emma

Yes we do! Thanks a lot StanceCoke and Mbrussa to put energy and time in this project :thumb:

mbrusa said:
maki1000 said:

The display broke?
Isn't it that you flashed with the display on?
The VLCD5 doesn't like this!

It was the extra handle to change the degree of assistance. After disconnecting it, everything returned to nomra.

Is there any way to make the turbo mode (4/4 bars) the default at startup?
My bike is super heavy and I'm riding turbo mode most of the time anyways. The display always starts at tour mode (2/4 bars).

Back