TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Hello,

Does anybody have pinout for Y split speedsensor.

I had to disassemble the connector to make an programming cable.

I was stupid enough not to write down how the three wires from sensor were connected.🤦

Sensor has black, orange and green wires.

Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 20220305_222510.jpg
    20220305_222510.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,343
  • 20220305_222522.jpg
    20220305_222522.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,343
Some sellers on Aliexpress are selling thumb throttles supposedly compatible with XH18 and VLCD6 displays: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003356656506.html

Has anyone tried them? Does they really work without opening the motor?

Could it be somehow possible to modify one of these thumb throttle into a twist throttle?

Square said:
Some sellers on Aliexpress are selling thumb throttles supposedly compatible with XH18 and VLCD6 displays: ....

... they really work without opening the motor?....
This Y splitter solution only could work if the the controller has a 8-pin output.
The 6-pin output is missing the throttle output wires.

FYI
Your link is only the throttle handle
The Y splitter is this one, (where you can count the connector pins too)

Have any of you seen this before?

I am getting a yellow “motor init” code at the bottom of my 860 display when I turn on the power. Any idea what that is or how to troubleshoot it?

The motor is not giving me much as far as watts when I throttle or hand pedal. 30 watts sometimes it goes up, but not consistent. I assume the error code means motor interruption but not sure how to troubleshoot it. Any ideas?

I advised him to check all his connections.

michih. said:
Yes, I've had that error a few times. e01 motor init

MFG Michael

We have checked all the connections and it is still there on bootup.
Everything works but it only puts out 30 watts.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

jeff.page.rides said:

I am getting a yellow “motor init” code at the bottom of my 860 display when I turn on the power. Any idea what that is or how to troubleshoot it?

The motor is not giving me much as far as watts when I throttle or hand pedal. 30 watts sometimes it goes up, but not consistent. I assume the error code means motor interruption but not sure how to troubleshoot it. Any ideas?

We have checked all the connections and replaced the 1 to 4 cable, and it is still there on bootup.

We have checked all the connections and replaced the 1 to 4 cable, and it is still there on bootup.

What is the exact error message?

Hoping someone can help with this. Shortly I am hoping to install a LM35DT temperature sensor on the motor. I am aware of the settings within the java configurator that need to be enabled but I don't understand how to get the temperature to display on my VLCD5 screen.

I've read the manual but just don't understand the instructions given.
In the Advanced Settings there is the option:- Data 6 - motor temperature which seems to be default set to 0
then there appears to be some button presses on the display to allow viewing of the temperature.

Could some possibly explain this in idiot form as I just can't get my head around the instructions... Thanks

Didcot said:
.... how to get the temperature to display on my VLCD5 screen.

... option:- Data 6 - motor temperature which seems to be default set to 0
then there appears to be some button presses on the display to allow viewing of the temperature....
Defaullt setting is to display just the first 3 values. So Data 6 will never be visible if you didn't change the number of displayed data values.
Think about it that displaying all these data values has influence on the ODOmeter.
If you have enabled "Odo compensation" you will see a certain time 0 km/h
I advice to keep 3 values and change Data 3 to "0" (= temperature)

If you toggle light "ON". After a short time you see the 3 values soc%,. Voltage and temperature instead of the speedvalue.
After this you can toggle light "OFF" again

Elinx said:
Didcot said:
.... how to get the temperature to display on my VLCD5 screen.

... option:- Data 6 - motor temperature which seems to be default set to 0
then there appears to be some button presses on the display to allow viewing of the temperature....
Defaullt setting is to display just the first 3 values. So Data 6 will never be visible if you didn't change the number of displayed data values.
Think about it that displaying all these data values has influence on the ODOmeter.
If you have enabled "Odo compensation" you will see a certain time 0 km/h
I advice to keep 3 values and change Data 3 to "0" (= temperature)

If you toggle light "ON". After a short time you see the 3 values soc%,. Voltage and temperature instead of the speedvalue.
After this you can toggle light "OFF" again

OK that's great. Thanks ever so much for your help Elinx :thumb:

I've posted an issue regarding what I think is a flash size limitation of the recent 850c model display. https://github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-860C/issues/4

jeff.page.rides said:
jeff.page.rides said:

We flashed them both again and now they are now working!

Hi, did anyone of you have a problem with the KT LCD3 flashing ? I even soldered cables to this J7 connector for a secure connection (from the left 5V, SWIM, GND, RST). After connecting stlink to the USB, this default startup screen appears.
However, trying to read tab results in an error. Previously I have been able to normally flash my tsdz2 with this stlink and there was no problem.

Great, now i can see that some clone of STM is used here (MM32)... Do You think that replacing this shit with original STM will work later (for 3$ i think it's worth to try) ?

Attachments

• Nowy obraz mapy bitowej.png
    Nowy obraz mapy bitowej.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 832
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    867.3 KB · Views: 832
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 832
Anyone tried the C1 version on the XH18 we were trying to get the cruise mode working with no brake sensors. The wiki says that you need to move the peddles but this did not happen. When he twists the handle back to simulate down arrow it just changes down to the previous assistance level ?

What value do you use for the battery max power? I'm at 600W, I'd like to increase the value but I'm worried about damaging the motor.

A slight issue:- I have a VLCD5 display and on startup have it set to show SOC% which on a fully charged battery is showing 62.4. As per a post in this thread somewhere to obtain SOC% = 99.9/100% the display needs to be set to MPH in it's menu and also set to MPH in the java configurator but it's not working..

I was having a play earlier and found that by altering the display to KM/H and leaving the java configurator at MPH I then obtain 99.9%

Being in the UK I don't want KM/H displaying so can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong please? Thanks.

Hello mbrusa, please do not misunderstand. I am a fan of your software and use it with the 860C display. I get the error that the watts used are displayed too low (about 20 percent). Hence my question: Will you come up with another version in which such values can be adjusted using parameters? Thank you very much in advance for your efforts.
Sepp

Didcot said:
A slight issue:- I have a VLCD5 display and on startup have it set to show SOC% which on a fully charged battery is showing 62.4. As per a post in this thread somewhere to obtain SOC% = 99.9/100% the display needs to be set to MPH in it's menu and also set to MPH in the java configurator but it's not working..

I was having a play earlier and found that by altering the display to KM/H and leaving the java configurator at MPH I then obtain 99.9%

Being in the UK I don't want KM/H displaying so can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong please? Thanks.
Display and configurator must be set the same, in your case on MPH.
Are you sure the battery is fully charged?
What OSF version are you using?

mbrusa said:
Hello, I made a comparison of the Wh used with an external wattmeter, but only with the standard display version and it was 10% lower, then compensated in the calculation.
I have never made a comparison with 860C, I think I will have to do it.
To check, did you use a wattmeter?
Yes, I checked with a wattmeter. I have 2 batteries. one with 10s5p and one with 10s2p. For both batteries, the values are more than 20 percent wrong.

The new version v20.1C.2 (Java configurator) is available for standard displays, for those who intend to try here is a beta version:
https://github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-0/releases/tag/v20.1C.2-beta2
The new features are described in the changelog.txt file and are highlighted in yellow in the manuals.
The basic version is v20.1C.1 which I consider safe.
There are functions that were already present in version v20.1C.3 (suspended), they are "Motor deceleration" and immediate assistance in resuming pedaling with the bike in motion.
There are functions taken from v20.1C.3-860C, they are "Startup assist" and the estimated calculation of "Pedal torque adc step".

The most important novelty is the torque sensor calibration, more effective and more intuitive, in this regard there is an explanatory spreadsheet in the main folder, Torque_calibration.xlsx.
There is a modification I felt needed, the speed control for the walk assist levels.

Added a cross-check of some engine variables, with assistance stop in the presence of incompatible values ​​(possible cause of the engine running without pedaling).
Fixed bug in human power calculation and coaster brake function.
Plus other small changes, the details are in the manuals.

mbrusa said:
The new version v20.1C.2 (Java configurator) is available for standard displays, for those who intend to try here is a beta version:
https://github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-0/releases/tag/v20.1C.2-beta2
The new features are described in the changelog.txt file and are highlighted in yellow in the manuals.
The basic version is v20.1C.1 which I consider safe.
There are functions that were already present in version v20.1C.3 (suspended), they are "Motor deceleration" and immediate assistance in resuming pedaling with the bike in motion.
There are functions taken from v20.1C.3-860C, they are "Startup assist" and the estimated calculation of "Pedal torque adc step".

The most important novelty is the torque sensor calibration, more effective and more intuitive, in this regard there is an explanatory spreadsheet in the main folder, Torque_calibration.xlsx.
There is a modification I felt needed, the speed control for the walk assist levels.

Added a cross-check of some engine variables, with assistance stop in the presence of incompatible values ​​(possible cause of the engine running without pedaling).
Fixed bug in human power calculation and coaster brake function.
Plus other small changes, the details are in the manuals.

Just tried flashing the above and got this error:-

sdcp.exe fatal error: when writing to: invalid
make: *** [ebike_app.rel] error 1

Back