TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Yanis said:
So what could be wrong when using the SW102 ? Both displays use the same connections (P+, GND, Vin, TX and RX) so I guess the connector is intact. And yet, the SW102 doesn't work while the VLCD5 does. It's a mystery to me. Any idea ?

I found what the problem was !... and I'm really embarrassed about it : it was a wrong configuration of STVP. I chose stm8s105x5 instead of stm8s105x6... Now it works fine.
I focused on the hardware and didn't supect a software issue since STVP was saying that data was successfully written and verified.. It was indeed, but just not in a language the processor could understand I guess.

Thanks mbrusa, mctubster, Admiralrofl and Elinx for your help and sorry for the waste of time..

At least I can report about the compatibility of 20.1.C4 with the SW102 : it works fine, but the field weakening option seems to be missing from the motor menu (the menu ends with motor deceleration)

I flashed the v4 version as well to the sw102. Works fine but as the previous poster said FOC option is missing (which is a bummer as I'd really like to turn it on). I've also noticed that on some of the menus, if you press down on the last option, instead of not moving it actually freezes the display and requires a battery disconnect to reset. It only happens on a few menus. Anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

Glad to hear that v20.1C.4 also works with SW102.
The problem of the display getting stuck in the configuration menu was also present in the previous versions.
I don't know what the cause may be, I don't have a display to test.
It happens to a much lesser extent with the 860C as well, I have found that the problem increases as the menu items increase.
For this on SW102 I have not added all the voices present on 860C, including "Field Weakenig".
This feature and others that are missing from the menu are still present in the firmware and are always enabled.
They just can't be disabled.

Yesterday I charged battery to 58.8 V. Today I rode 70 km without problem. 2 h after ride I tried turn on the display. There's again problem with communication.

Edit:
I tried this workaround with stlink I mentioned before and it burned the controller:/

mbrusa said:
Glad to hear that v20.1C.4 also works with SW102.
The problem of the display getting stuck in the configuration menu was also present in the previous versions.
I don't know what the cause may be, I don't have a display to test.
It happens to a much lesser extent with the 860C as well, I have found that the problem increases as the menu items increase.
For this on SW102 I have not added all the voices present on 860C, including "Field Weakenig".
This feature and others that are missing from the menu are still present in the firmware and are always enabled.
They just can't be disabled.

Oh that's good to hear it's on in the background. Don't really care about turning it off just wanted it enabled. Although I'm have some issue with tempature though as I've enabled it and installed the sensor but I can't seem to find anywhere in the menus to actually see what the temp is to confirm it's working. Am I just missing it or is there no way to display it?

Admiralrofl said:
Although I'm have some issue with tempature though as I've enabled it and installed the sensor but I can't seem to find anywhere in the menus to actually see what the temp is to confirm it's working. Am I just missing it or is there no way to display it?

It does work with my SW102. There is a 'Motor Temp' menu where you enable it and set min/max temperatures, and you can display it on the home screen, in the same way other parameters are displayed (long press on the M key at level 0 to choose parameters)

I just had a friend call me with something I haven't seen before.
His TSDZ2 has been working great, then today as soon as he put on the battery it starts to boot on its own, and stops at the boot-up screen. The power button fills normally when you push it.

Any ideas about what this could be?

20.1C4 10 - Modified standing start, softer. What is this function?

In version v20.1C.3, there was a function to increase the acceleration at the start of the motor, I had added it to accommodate those who asked for a more aggressive start.
I had the doubt that this function, in addition to Startup boost, could be a stress for the blue gear.
For this in version v20.1C.4 I decided to remove it.

jeff.page.rides said:
His TSDZ2 has been working great, then today as soon as he put on the battery it starts to boot on its own, and stops at the boot-up screen. The power button fills normally when you push it.

Hi Jeff, I have no idea.
In the sense that the display turns on without pressing the on / off button?
But does the motor works?

mbrusa said:
jeff.page.rides said:

Hi Jeff, I have no idea.
In the sense that the display turns on without pressing the on / off button?
But does the motor works?

Yes, it starts to boot on its own.
The motor doesn't work, because it stops on the boot screen.

Hello. Installed the new version. Everything is good and wonderful. But there is a small problem. If you turn on the system and drive too fast, error E05 appears on the screen (VLCD6). The motor is switched off.. From the description, I understood that this is a sensor test. It's annoying and I want to disable this check. How can I disable this check and fault code?

Lii said:
.... small problem. If you turn on the system and drive too fast, error E05 appears on the screen (VLCD6). The motor is switched off.. From the description, I understood that this is a sensor test..... How can I disable this check and fault code?
It isn't just a sensor check, but a check if all data is right for a secure ride. (for example to prevent ghost pedaling.)
So better is to search why this error E05 appears in your case.

It is possible to switch off this error:

From the manual
"E05 – ERROR_MOTOR_CHECK(E03 flashing per XH18)
Inconsistent data in cross-checking of motor parameters.
Turn the display off and on again.
It is possible to exclude this check by enabling "Assistance with sensors error".

Just to confirm, y'alls running the now years-old TSDZ2 controller, and the OSF will not work on the current (siemens?) motor controller?

rudy74 said:
Just to confirm, y'alls running the now years-old TSDZ2 controller, and the OSF will not work on the current (siemens?) motor controller?

The OSF will not work indeed with the new Infineon controller (but there is/was some preliminary work being done about this).
But it seems that the only place which sells motors with this controller is Eunorau. I bought a new TSDZ2 a couple weeks ago from Pswpower, and it came with the 'old', flashable controller.

Edit : as Elinx mentioned, the seller for theses seems to be Enerprof only. Mistake from my part.

Thank you! I have two of the new ones and the out-of-factory experience is great! Just wish i could log/graph the motor power and pedal power! :cry:
Any place we could do some crowdfunding for OSF for the new ones?

rudy74 said:

You can ask on the dedicated thread : https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=111287 but I don't know if the project is still going on.

I've read also that the stock firmware in the Infineon controller is better than the old one.
Where did you buy yours ? (it would help to know which shops sell theses)

rudy74 said:
Here.
But it isn't about funding, but about missing motivated developers.
There was already a V2 controller funded for test purposes.
The need for most people to buy that new V2 controller isn't there, if PSWPower sell still the old flashable one V1.

imho the only shop that sell the new V2 controller is the German Enerprof.de

Yanis said:
rudy74 said:

You can ask on the dedicated thread : https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=111287 but I don't know if the project is still going on.

I've read also that the stock firmware in the Infineon controller is better than the old one.
Where did you buy yours ? (it would help to know which shops sell theses)
Thanks.
Yeah mine are 250w, 48v from Enerprof.de. They don't suffer the cadence issues of the V1 controllers. I got SW102 displays which are great, except for not showing actual battery voltage. For tooling around no complaints at all, but it would be very interesting to track my cumulative pedal power over different days riding my routine exercise circuit.

Elinx said:
Lii said:
.... small problem. If you turn on the system and drive too fast, error E05 appears on the screen (VLCD6). The motor is switched off.. From the description, I understood that this is a sensor test..... How can I disable this check and fault code?
It isn't just a sensor check, but a check if all data is right for a secure ride. (for example to prevent ghost pedaling.)
So better is to search why this error E05 appears in your case.

It is possible to switch off this error:

From the manual
"E05 – ERROR_MOTOR_CHECK(E03 flashing per XH18)
Inconsistent data in cross-checking of motor parameters.
Turn the display off and on again.
It is possible to exclude this check by enabling "Assistance with sensors error".

Could you tell me what exactly needs to be done in order to disable the sensor check with the VLSD6 display? Thanks.

Lii said:
Hello. Installed the new version. Everything is good and wonderful. But there is a small problem. If you turn on the system and drive too fast, error E05 appears on the screen (VLCD6). The motor is switched off.. From the description, I understood that this is a sensor test. It's annoying and I want to disable this check. How can I disable this check and fault code?
If E05 is frequent, it is probably a false fault.
I think it is enough to increase the check time.
If you are willing to try, I can send you in PM, a version with modified check time.

mbrusa said:
Lii said:
If E05 is frequent, it is probably a false fault.
I think it is enough to increase the check time.
If you are willing to try, I can send you in PM, a version with modified check time.
Yes, this is a false error. If I turn on the system already while driving, or if I press the pedal while turning it on, this error appears. The torque sensor is calibrated. It is necessary to disable all checks if the foot is pressing on the pedals or the bike has started to move.
If possible, I am ready to test. Thank you.

If you push on the pedals when turning on the display, it will always give an error. When switched on, the pedals must be free for a few seconds. If you plan to turn on the display while driving, you need to take your feet off the pedals.
E05 is used to prevent the rare problem of the motor going by itself without pushing on the pedals (phantom pedaling).
I sent you a PM.

mbrusa said:
If you push on the pedals when turning on the display, it will always give an error. When switched on, the pedals must be free for a few seconds. If you plan to turn on the display while driving, you need to take your feet off the pedals.
E05 is used to prevent the rare problem of the motor going by itself without pushing on the pedals (phantom pedaling).
I sent you a PM.

I have another bike with a Bosch motor. I can turn on the bike while running and don't get any errors. My wife uses the TSDZ2 bike. The female brain cannot perform complex sequences of actions when TSDZ2 is turned on and regularly gets an error. We stop and begin the procedure for properly enabling TSDZ2. This is annoying .. You need to turn off all checks. I just turn on and everything works, without errors and failures.

I think that increasing the check time will make it even worse. We'll have to wait longer and not press on the pedals. How can I completely disable sensors check? Can I do it myself or need to change the code?

Back