TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Hello, which is the latest recommended version that I can use for testing. On GitHub I find:
https://github.com/emmebrusa/Color_LCD_860C/tree/master/releases/v20.1C.2-860C
If I remember well reading the thread, it contains some copy paste errors and a new one is under testing but not really released.
Should we wait for the next release or go with the one that contains the known bug.

Torque cali again.
I did it in my older motor and all was fine. Now i hav estrange number for a new motor.

0 waight- 178
20 kg waight on right pedal- 210
22 kg - 215
76 kg ( my waight)- 235

so using formula for ADC steps:
215-178=37
22/37=0.59
0.59x9.81x0.17=0.99nm
???? is out of scale. What is wrong?

regarding fixed version of 20.1.C2-
now the same thing happened in TQ mode. Bike starts ride without touching the pedal.
I have come back to the version C2 without FIX but... Sam thing. In all modes with TQ so in
TQ mode- after change for assist 1, even if I do not touch the pedal it starts riding ( like with the throttle)
E-Mtb- after assist level change all is ok , but if i push pedal once it start riding
On mode Hybrid and Power all is ok
Recently I have installed Temp sensor. Is working fine but may be is somehow connected?

martin.shane said:
Torque cali again.
0 waight- 178
22 kg - 215
76 kg ( my waight)- 235

The sensitivity of your torque sensor is very low, the range is only 235-178= 57.
It's not yet an on/off situation, but can be the cause of your runaway problem.
This means that the linearity point problably will be much lower too. (10-15kg??)
I think 22kg is too high in your case.
If you want to find that point you can calibrate lower values with pulling the pedals with a luggage scale and draw a graph of it.

Thanks.
I working on that right now.
First i will try to install software again and calibrate all again.
I will see how it works.

martin.shane said:
now the same thing happened in TQ mode. Bike starts ride without touching the pedal.
I have come back to the version C2 without FIX but... Sam thing. In all modes with TQ so in
TQ mode- after change for assist 1, even if I do not touch the pedal it starts riding ( like with the throttle)
I had similar issues with self pedaling and sudden power burst while rotating the pedals slowly by hand with zero effort. My motor is the coaster brake version and the effect was even worse as the pedals could hit you.
While investing I also found several peculiarities not reported by others.
1. There was difference of about 5 or higher torque sensor readings between the horizontal positions of the left and the right pedals with zero load.
2. If I rotate slowly the pedals by hand the torque sensors values would fluctuate with difference between the minimum and the maximum value almost 7 or 8 readings.
3. The maximum torque sensor value I was getting when the left pedal was almost reaching the highest position. Again zero weight.

I could not find a real solution but I did several things that improved the situation a bit.
1. I uninstalled the pedals and mounted them in the way the so the maximum torque with zero weight on the pedals is almost reached when the right pedal is in horizontal position.
2. I replaced the minimum torque value the the maximal value I was getting when very slow rotating the pedals by hand with almost zero effort.
3. You can also experiment with increasing the minimum calibration torque sensor value in case the readings of your torque sensor change with the temperature or other factors.

Thank U plpetrov
What I did i come back to 1.01 . Short ride and then i have install fixed version of 20.1.C2.
I find out that now readings are a lit bit different.
For my weight (76 kg) i have now 245. Minimum is the same.
I made measurement for :
5 kg- 204
10kg - 211
20 kg -216
So i have do the math for 10 kg. now it is 0.55nm.
But another problem just show up. I can not use that data as the minimum value on "weight on pedal " is 20 kg. Looks like my sensor is out of that range so Im stuck
Maybe for TQ sensors like mine it could be a good idea to extend that value from 10 for example. ( or 15kg - whatever works)
2. I replaced the minimum torque value the the maximal value I was getting when very slow rotating the pedals by hand with almost zero effort.
3. You can also experiment with increasing the minimum calibration torque sensor value in case the readings of your torque sensor change with the temperature or other factors.

I have find it either. Setting higher min value prevent self running bike what is logical . We set up some offset by this. ( even if we do not push our legs have a weight so if u touch pedal we put some weight on it already.

So all looks better now but I need calibration and because of this limited range of "weight on pedal" mode i can not fully calibrate TQ sensor. I will try to find another way. May be for sometime comeback to 1.01. and do proper calibration for L and R crank

Also - I do not know why but in power mode 1.01 looks like it is more powerful.
But 20.1.C2 is very quiet and Hybrid mode is great. I need to choose and it is a difficult decision:)

And most important- I can confirm that 20.1.CV2 latest version - self running bike in cadence mode is solved and all other modes works great . It is my TQ sensor not software.

martin.shane said:
Torque cali again.
I did it in my older motor and all was fine. Now i hav estrange number for a new motor.

0 waight- 178
22 kg - 215
76 kg ( my waight)- 235

so using formula for ADC steps:
215-178=37
22/37=0.59
0.59x9.81x0.17=0.99nm

regarding fixed version of 20.1.C2-
E-Mtb- after assist level change all is ok , but if i push pedal once it start riding
On mode Hybrid and Power all is ok
Recently I have installed Temp sensor. Is working fine but may be is somehow connected?
You have a very limited range torque sensor, it would require mechanical calibration.
It is also possible to intervene with the parameters, but it is important to understand well how.
There are two calibrations, distinct and for different purposes.
1 - Calibration of "Torque adc offset" and "Torque adc max", is used to define the working range, in your case it is essential to do it. Unfortunately, however, when the range is limited, the value of "Torque adc offset" is unstable, a correction may be necessary, you have to try to increase the value. Or, when you have the problem of starting without pedaling, check at that moment "ADC torque sensor" if you see that it is higher than "Torque adc offset", enter that value.
2 - Calibration of "Torque adc step", it is not essential and has no influence with the previous calibration. It is used only for the display of human power and possibly for the relationship between human power and motor power in power assist mode.
The value obtained is not applicable to the whole range, the human power displayed is accurate only when the thrust on the pedals coincides with the calibration weight, the response of the torque sensor is not linear!

You have a very limited range torque sensor, it would require mechanical calibration.
It is also possible to intervene with the parameters, but it is important to understand well how.
There are two calibrations, distinct and for different purposes.
1 - Calibration of "Torque adc offset" and "Torque adc max", is used to define the working range, in your case it is essential to do it. Unfortunately, however, when the range is limited, the value of "Torque adc offset" is unstable, a correction may be necessary, you have to try to increase the value. Or, when you have the problem of starting without pedaling, check at that moment "ADC torque sensor" if you see that it is higher than "Torque adc offset", enter that value.
2 - Calibration of "Torque adc step", it is not essential and has no influence with the previous calibration. It is used only for the display of human power and possibly for the relationship between human power and motor power in power assist mode.
The value obtained is not applicable to the whole range, the human power displayed is accurate only when the thrust on the pedals coincides with the calibration weight, the respon
se of the torque sensor is not linear!

Thank U mbrusa
It looks like Im unlucky. My last to purchases of TSDZ2 failed.
1st one from December 2021 has this TQ limitation problem, 2d had a mechanical problem, grading sound and probably main bearing problem, as whatever I did I couldn't get it off the shaft ( even now when all is disassembly try to do it to save some spare parts but it is not possible . Is stuck . Even heat does not help - motor with 280 km only- grading sound from the beginning)
I will try to go around calibration parameters avoiding mechanical set up . I do not wonna reaped situation with my other motor and main bearing . I can not afford to loose another motor ( I have ordered new one few days ago again)
Its a pity that those engines are so different and all depends how much lucky U are... This is probably why it is not too many vendors selling it besides pswpower. I have 2 other old motors from 2018 and 2019 and no problem at all...

mbrusa said:
I did not explain myself well, my test was not oriented to the temperature, it is the first time I use the sensor, I don't even know if it works well.
The comparison was to verify the response of the motor with Field Weakening enabled or disabled. For how I use the bike, low cadence and low acceleration, I didn't notice any differences.
I don't want to say that Field Weakening is useless, there are those who need to pedal at a high cadence and accept less efficiency and those who do not accept it.
I published on GitHub the pre-release for 860C that I am testing, https://github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-860C/tree/master/releases/v20.1C.2-860C, you can enable / disable Field Weakening, so those with temperature problems can check if it depends on that.
There are other interesting changes too, I will prepare a list.

do you have an idea why the release.bat does not work?

MFG Michael

Regarding my very limited TQ sensor range Im considering to adjust that sensor. I try to understand manual . I have one problem
move slightly the sensor (from right to left and keep it far from the little magnets) part until you read an ADC value of 100 up to 120 (note that a value under 100 means that probably the sensor is not detecting the little magnets, then you need to move it to lefMy wife TSDZ2t side)

lefMy wife TSDZ2t side- what does it mean? Im confused:)
For now , in technical info I have " ADC torque step cal =95" so I think I need mechanical adjustment of TQ sensor

I try every set up. Unfortunately with my TQ sensor range most of the modes are not for use.
Whatever I do i have self running bike in TQ and EMTB mode, also cadence assistance works only up to level 4 then is cut off.
I really like this 20.1.C2 version. Is quiet and simple. But for that motor , without TQ calibration is not usable for me:(

I tested the version briefly. it is really very good! no delayed response. no running after. you can even set how the engine should run on in the display. engine runs quieter and smoother. that is really very, very nice !!!!! but unfortunately I have a little bug. the engine twitches every now and then. I already knew that from previous tests with the v12 that blacklite did.

mfg michael

it´s still in hybrid mode

I confirm that for short range TQ sensor range version 1.0.1 is better. I could do calibration for left and right side of crank and now in TQ mode or Power mode I fly.
Has some disadvantages like :
delay
more noise
And limited assistance modes but it save me for now.

I will have new motor next week and then I will come back to 20.1.C2
Both versions are amaizing
Thank U again guys

I went for wild camp with the updated firmware on Friday and I can notice a decreased range.

I travelled in total around 45 miles before my battery conking out at the last mile home, there and back on low assist modes however I also had around 120wh of charge halfway. Going by my calculations for a 360wh battery I would have only mustered about 33 miles with no halfway charge on low assist modes of 50 and 100, I could do at least 40 miles before same route without a halfway charge and with my low assist modes set to 70 and 120.

That's at least a 7 mile decrease or drop down to 82% if not more.

Thanks for everyone's help, I have replaced the torque sensor and now the ghost pedaling has gone.

I am using 20.1C2 and like others have said, I am getting an occasionally feedback through the pedals like a tooth is missing in the main gear (no noise or apparent effect on the motor).
It only happens in higher cadences, with lower pressure on the pedals. There can be anywhere between 5 and 20 minutes between occurrences, and it happens in eMTB mode.

Is this the copy and paste issue, or something different?

Thanks again.

Mr.Flibble said:
I am using 20.1C2 and like others have said, I am getting an occasionally feedback through the pedals like a tooth is missing in the main gear (no noise or apparent effect on the motor).
It only happens in higher cadences, with lower pressure on the pedals. There can be anywhere between 5 and 20 minutes between occurrences, and it happens in eMTB mode.

Thanks again.

No ist still there. At first I thought it came from the blue gear. then swapped the entire engine. but the problem is the same. V7 flashed, the twitch is gone.

MFG Michael

Elinx said:
This calibration isn't neccesary if you aren't interested in knowing the humanpower.
Hi
The supplementary configuration for 850C etc describes the Torque ADC step thus "This parameter is not used for the calculation of the human power shown on the display".

I get Torque ADC step to be 42 to 43 on 3 bikes and the human power 850C display readings feel sensible. Is your view the correct one?

Many thanks for taking the trouble explaining what this is all about.

michih. said:
Mr.Flibble said:

Thanks again.

No ist still there. At first I thought it came from the blue gear. then swapped the entire engine. but the problem is the same. V7 flashed, the twitch is gone.

MFG Michael

I have been unable to get rid of this in the version I forked before mbrusa's released the .2 using the V12 base... I first thought it was an issue with code execution speed, so I've tried a whole lot of things to speed up the code outside the motor control. But still doesn't eliminate it completely. Unfortunately I don't have enough tools and knowledge to properly work out the problem.

Given that the new 2020 motor controller has almost orders of magnitude more processing capacity, including math coprocessors etc. and what looks like full phase current sensing, perhaps its worth focussing efforts towards getting that working. The potential is far greater.

Blacklite said:
Given that the new 2020 motor controller has almost orders of magnitude more processing capacity, including math coprocessors etc. and what looks like full phase current sensing, perhaps its worth focussing efforts towards getting that working. The potential is far greater.
We are storing the information about the TSDZ2 motor controller V2, here: https://github.com/OpenSourceEBike/TSDZ2_motor_controller_v2

casainho said:
Blacklite said:
We are storing the information about the TSDZ2 motor controller V2, here: https://github.com/OpenSourceEBike/TSDZ2_motor_controller_v2

Doesn't it worth before jumping on the new Hype Train to have something final, working well and without known issues and bugs?
I hope that with the suggested help from mspider65 to mbrusa on the heat issues encountered and may be on this one also, we could finally have a stable version collecting the best from each project fork.

Blacklite said:
michih. said:
Mr.Flibble said:

Thanks again.

MFG Michael

I have been unable to get rid of this in the version I forked before mbrusa's released the .2 using the V12 base... I first thought it was an issue with code execution speed, so I've tried a whole lot of things to speed up the code outside the motor control. But still doesn't eliminate it completely. Unfortunately I don't have enough tools and knowledge to properly work out the problem.

To solve the power glitch just change the following asm block in motor.c and move the pop cc instruction at the end of the block (it should be the last instruction).
It should fix the problem.
As soon i have free time i will also do the change and verify the fix.

Code:
        __asm
            push cc             // save current Interrupt Mask (I1,I0 bits of CC register)
            sim                 // disable interrupts  (set I0,I1 bits of CC register to 1,1)
                                // Hall GPIO interrupt is buffered during this interval
            mov _ui8_temp+0, _ui8_hall_state_irq+0
            mov _ui16_b+0, _ui8_hall_60_ref_irq+0
            mov _ui16_b+1, _ui8_hall_60_ref_irq+1
            pop cc              // enable interrupts (restores previous value of Interrupt mask)
                                // Hall GPIO buffered interrupt could fire now
            mov _ui16_a+0, 0x5328 // TIM3->CNTRH
            mov _ui16_a+1, 0x5329 // TIM3->CNTRL
        __endasm;
/code

Back