Vector bike and frame owners.

Anyone else have suggestions for slackening head tube angle?

For the crank alignment I'm gonna switch the front chain ring to the inside, press the cranks in more, and get a 3 speed cassette to push out the rest further.

GiantEV said:
Routybouty said:
maxRpm said:
I am curious to know what kinda of battery setup is everybody going with. I had planed on using multistar 6s 16000 battery's but seem like there on back order and will be for a while.

Routybouty, I'd like to see pictures of how you fit your batteries in your Vector frame.

Here they are, it's definitely cramped. The BMS will probably get mounted to the Max-E vertically. At least wire-wise, everything should be mostly hidden.

Looking good.... that's a lot of lipo!

In this picture from the Vector thread the batteries are stacked upright, but there's a lot of wasted space at the top. Figuring out the best way to stack and secure the batteries is all part of the fun of building an ebike I guess.

file.php

Attachments

• items.1403855870-2.b.jpg
    items.1403855870-2.b.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 3,083
I played with different orientations for a long time. I wish I had got one of the earlier 150mm wide frames! Then I could have fit 3 batteries wide standing or laying flat across. Oh well, it's pretty good "battery fill" I guess :lol:. I still have to cut a bunch of foam blocks to help support them.

moonshine said:
Anyone else have suggestions for slackening head tube angle?

For the crank alignment I'm gonna switch the front chain ring to the inside, press the cranks in more, and get a 3 speed cassette to push out the rest further.

What do you mean by slacking head tube angle?

they are, it's definitely cramped. The BMS will probably get mounted to the Max-E vertically. At least wire-wise, everything should be mostly hidden.

That's awesome, I notice that these battery on HK are going for good price but is it possible to fit a 24s arrangement in there?

maxRpm said:
striker54 said:
maxRpm said:
That's awesome, I notice that these battery on HK are going for good price but is it possible to fit a 24s arrangement in there?
The max voltage you should go is 22s.
Why?

First, the adaptto starts to limit the power above 92V so abaove that you don't get the power the controller can put out.
Second, the FETs of the controller are 100V rated and when you run high phase amps there are voltage spikes that come from the motor to the controller that could kill the controller.
According to adaptto the optimal voltage for full power is 85/86V, so you should go for 20s or max 21s.

For example, i'm running 22S and i never charge above 4.1V per cell to commute but when i want to run high power i never never charge above 4.0 /4.05v per cell.

for the 3kw and 5kw hub motors do you reccomend the motor cycle rear rim option? is 3-5kw hub motor too much for a bicycle rim to safely handle and also the weight. could thicker 3.2mm spokes be used on bicycle rim hub motor builds? normal bicycle spokes are 2mm. I wish they would make some lighter weight tires less than 3kg for the 19" and 21" motor cycle rims used for hub motors. i don't think a tire of that weight is necessary for this use

The Moto Rims we use are 7000-Series Aluminum, and use a 10G (3.1mm) Spoke. In My opinion, the performance, handling and durability of the Moto Rim & Motorcycle tires far outweigh (no pun intended) the additional mass of the wheel.

MXUS in Moped Rim.jpg

GiantEV said:
Looking good.... that's a lot of lipo!

In this picture from the Vector thread the batteries are stacked upright, but there's a lot of wasted space at the top. Figuring out the best way to stack and secure the batteries is all part of the fun of building an ebike I guess.

file.php
What would be a good BMS for these batterys that has high discharge 60+ amps

Artur, when will you have motors, controllers, and rims in stock? And will you also provide motors laced into motor cycle rims?
That QS motor, there was some talk about you getting some custom made motors from QS. Any more info on that? Are you getting thicker phase wires, or maybe bigger axle?

Would love a QS 205 laced into 18" x 1.4" alu rim with alu nipples........

Back