Vector bike and frame owners.

Here are some pictures. The axle broke just where the swingarm started to touch it.

...wow.....
is this the first broken 205qs axle?

if the dropouts where clamped i cant imagine that the axle broke by power of "his" setup.
(as i know he is riding less voltage, less amps and a slow wind motor.....)

i push from a deadstop WOT 17kw on my motor since a year. i had some cro motors (different axle) and my actual is also from Artur.
No Problem at all.

a buddy of me has also a motor from artur. he forgot to "use" the clamping screws on his qulbix frame....
full throttle....and the dropout opens his mouth :D
but no problem with the axle either...

maybe iam not up2date about broken 205 axles...but with his "setup"?...

Attachments

• 230114343_96829.jpg
    230114343_96829.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 3,443
the problem is that if there is a slight play in the dropouts, people think they must tighten the large M16 nuts more and more..
But the more you tighten those, the less torque the axle can handle.
less is more in this case

I notice that the brake rotor has a big ding in it as well? Hope you didnt have a spill at speed there. I am really suprised that axle broke. They are enormous

@Merlin, what controller do you use to push 17kW? Im jealous :mrgreen: By the way.. the weird thing is that I "only" pushed 10kW as my battery is not complete for more power..

madin88 said:
the problem is that if there is a slight play in the dropouts, people think they must tighten the large M16 nuts more and more..

This is exactly what I did. And not only once. I have built the rear tire in and out and with this unscrewed the nut about ~10 to 15 times because of several things (for example disc brake fall off because the screws didn´t got checked by me / weren´t long enough because I have added some spacers between the motor and disc, and many other things......)

Quokka said:
I notice that the brake rotor has a big ding in it as well? Hope you didnt have a spill at speed there. I am really suprised that axle broke. They are enormous

No I wasn´t fast. Just speeded up a hill of like 10 meters and on the top I heared a "clack" sound and though "I bet it is, but I also pray that its not the axle"..

just the same adaptto max-e as always.
my battery does not sag much. so peaks in stats screen are ~17kw on a fully charged 20s battery.
to see that i need to make a dead stop full throttle run.

on normal accelerate its "only" 16kw. anyway...in the meantime my normal mode have only 3,5kw now...
its toooooooooooooooooooooo much fun riding only with this power level and switching after "some time" back to boost and feel that your arms go longer and longer :D

DasDouble said:
madin88 said:

you dont really need those M16 nuts if you go for clamping dropouts. a must for every DD hub owner. no play... no problems (I sell them ;) )

crossbreak said:
DasDouble said:
madin88 said:

you dont really need those M16 nuts if you go for clamping dropouts. a must for every DD hub owner. no play... no problems (I sell them ;) )

I have the stock one from Vector.. Do you have some pics of the one, you sell?

Merlin said:
my battery does not sag much. so peaks in stats screen are ~17kw on a fully charged 20s battery.

on normal accelerate its "only" 16kw. anyway...in the meantime my normal mode have only 3,5kw now...
its toooooooooooooooooooooo much fun riding only with this power level and switching after "some time" back to boost and feel that your arms go longer and longer :D

What battery do you have, that it does not sag much?? Diy? Or from a seller on ES?

i mixed up frame dropouts. you already have what i can offer. should work well if you tighten those M5 clamping bolts tightly..even without M16 nuts tightened up well. sometimes more is less (or as we say in German: "nach fest kommt ab")

Hello guys, i am new to the forum and hoping to buy a vector typhoon fully built bike, got some technical questions but i dont want to bombard artur with way too many, especially if the members here on ES could point me on the right direction.
I already went throu the 28 pages on this thread and the 80 pages on arturs thread, lots of useful info that helped me alot making the choice.

How is the charging done ? Is the external charger included?

How does the coil manage battery level? Or is that worked out by the bms?

What is the maximum amps the battery could give on continous use (maximum wattage i could use all day round)

Is it possible to use (10) 4s lipo packs with the bms? As in 20s2p , and could i charge the lipos using the included charger if i used the same connecters?

I am 120kg, 130 with backbag , i will be making a back rack and passenger peds sometime when i get the bike.
Will the motoseat have a comfortable postion, 6,2ft (187cm) usually sitting, the bike will be used more as a commuter rather than an offroader.
And is the dual shock setting available with the v2 typhoon? I guess for my wieght i will be looking at dual 750 shocks, i dont need travel and exotic ones since i will be riding in the city 99% of the time.
I know the bike isnt 100% water proof, but did any of you face problems with the adaptto screen and whatever is on the handle? I could easily cover the bike while riding in the rain but i most probably wont be able to cover the cluster, mud guards front and back will help too.
Any good street tires for the typhoon? Ones that are good on wet roads.

Thanks alot and looking forward to get the bike and give feedback.

Hi abahanad, I don´t have much time right now but still want to answer about the moto seat:

I ride with it every single day on my daily commute and I also pedal on it. I think it is not the most comfortablest moto seat, compared to any other real motorcycle seats, but it does its job. I sometimes get some trouble with it when Im riding, as you have really to sit on the rear part of it as there is more foam. Pedalling while sitting on the front of it is possible, but looks a bit weird when pedalling :lol:

To the waterresistance: I have got no problem with that so far. Whether with the throttle or the display. :)

As far as I know, the external charger is included. But I have not purchased a complete built by myself. I have done the DIY version.

The coil does not manage the battery level. The BMS (battery management system) is doing that.

To the back rack and the passenger peds: Please make two of them, I will buy one from you :p

-Cheers, Elias

Thanks elies,

For the peds and rack i am already working with the measurments available already, the rack is supposed to be really heavy duty ( probably could take a passenger) as it also will (hopefully) have a small stash box (which takes my daily groceries) and will have back light mounting too.

One thing i am considering is making the rack HUGE because i dont have any other forms of transportation and sometimes need to carry large boxes ( chairs and vacuum cleaner sized boxes) which made me suffer alot with normal sized racks.

Another question, since i am really heavy will the rear 18 wheel be enough? I know that 11g spokes on bicycle wheels are good but need regular truing especially with the hub motor ( i have a 1500 watts hub motor on a 29er mtb atm).

And most importantly , brakes! How well would the 3 203mm breaks on the typhoon hold with the wieght? I know that 2 160mm breaks dont hold up with any extra wieght at 30mph, i hope the 3 203mm + regran will have enough force to stop at 40mph, most probably wont be ever going above 40mph.

DasDouble said:
Merlin said:

What battery do you have, that it does not sag much?? Diy? Or from a seller on ES?

Lipo Power...what else ;D

Hell yeah, a heavy duty rack would be awesome. Maybe you want to consider about making one where a second passenger can put his hands also on? So that he doesn´t have to put his arms around the one from the driver, if you know what I mean?

Another thing to consider about would be a rack where you can put some BMW motorcycle boxes on, like on this picture:

bike_h.jpg

The boxes of BMW are very good and you can put a hell of stuff in there I think..

To the rear 18" wheel: I have a 18" motorcycle wheel too on my bike and I think this will be enough for you. I have carryed once me (~65 kg) and a friend (70kg) on my bike and it didn´t seemed to be a problem for the spokes. The only thing which I would think about are the front spokes, as these seem to be made for bicycle purpose. Also the rear wheel is a honda wheel as far as I know, and I think the old honda motorcycle had already a weight of about 100-110kg + rider.. So no worrys about that. Ask Artur if its possible to put a motorcycle wheel on the front. I think this will help. But Im no expert at this. Maybe they will hold for you, I don´t know for 100%.. :roll:

To the brakes: I think as long as you don´t brake a whole hill downwards, especially not with high speed, the 3 203mm brakes could be enough. Could, but not would - once again. If you put a motorcycle rim on the front + motorcycle hub you could maybe put a motorcycle brake on it. With that you would be on the safe side.

-Cheers :)

DasDouble said:
Hell yeah, a heavy duty rack would be awesome. Maybe you want to consider about making one where a second passenger can put his hands also on? So that he doesn´t have to put his arms around the one from the driver, if you know what I mean?

Another thing to consider about would be a rack where you can put some BMW motorcycle boxes on, like on this picture:

bike_h.jpg

The boxes of BMW are very good and you can put a hell of stuff in there I think..

To the rear 18" wheel: I have a 18" motorcycle wheel too on my bike and I think this will be enough for you. I have carryed once me (~65 kg) and a friend (70kg) on my bike and it didn´t seemed to be a problem for the spokes. The only thing which I would think about are the front spokes, as these seem to be made for bicycle purpose. Also the rear wheel is a honda wheel as far as I know, and I think the old honda motorcycle had already a weight of about 100-110kg + rider.. So no worrys about that. Ask Artur if its possible to put a motorcycle wheel on the front. I think this will help. But Im no expert at this. Maybe they will hold for you, I don´t know for 100%.. :roll:

To the brakes: I think as long as you don´t brake a whole hill downwards, especially not with high speed, the 3 203mm brakes could be enough. Could, but not would - once again. If you put a motorcycle rim on the front + motorcycle hub you could maybe put a motorcycle brake on it. With that you would be on the safe side.

-Cheers :)
pictures of the bags alone? mounting position?
i already have the design of the pegs ready BTW check whatsapp.
i need to know the dimesnions of the whole swing arm assembly if i wanted to make a good rack

The first picture, I have found:

Top-Box-Dimensions-300x264.png

Well I think it would be best for the idea with the rack, to do this when you have got your bike as measuring the entire rear part of the vector could be a bit tricky.. :roll:

DasDouble said:
The first picture, I have found:

Top-Box-Dimensions-300x264.png

Well I think it would be best for the idea with the rack, to do this when you have got your bike as measuring the entire rear part of the vector could be a bit tricky.. :roll:
These boxes are heavy and i prefer a huge pair of perneiers ( 45-60 liters) as they are compact and easily removable

Just made my order with vector, guess the next month would be the longest i ever lived.

Any way, i made a 3d printable pegs that are attached to the frame using zipties, pm me with your email so i could send the printable file.
Pegs are 3.5 by 4.2 inches, should be suitable even with the largest of legs.

I don't think I would trust zip ties to hold a person. Might not look the best but I've used C-clamps on my rear swing arm as rear pegs and it has held up for over 3000 miles (100lb passenger weight). An added bonus is that the motor phase and hall wires are better protected in the event the bike ever goes on its side.

C-clamps :?: :!: :?: :!:

PS: You have mail :)

jansevr said:
I don't think I would trust zip ties to hold a person. Might not look the best but I've used C-clamps on my rear swing arm as rear pegs and it has held up for over 3000 miles (100lb passenger weight). An added bonus is that the motor phase and hall wires are better protected in the event the bike ever goes on its side.

Not 1, 4 of the largest zipties you could get.
I am sure the ones i will be using are more than enough for a 180lp passenger; zipties the wieght wont be on the pegs alone as the passenger will be sitting.
I used them to secure heavy steel pipes and i even used them to hold a full truck transmission for 2 days ( i propably used way too many )
Also the design makes the zipties more of a mounting and securing mechanism rather than the main attaching mechanism.

The c clamp is a nice idea but its not going on MY bike.

Another thing i thought about is welding a large U tube and reinforce it to the rear of the motorcross seat . Acts as a simple pernier rack , rear indicators mount and a bar the passenger could hold on to.

yeah, such tube which gets mounted on the moto seat is one of my long existing dreams.. The onyl reason why I haven´t tried to do this yet is because I can not weld yet.. :?

Hey guys,
I just received the Vector frame.
What is the recommended rims for Shinko 244 tires?
Im interested in rear 19" and front 21" (is it possible in that frame? and what is the maximal width? the front fork is DNM USD8)

Thanks!!

Back