Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

bayareametalfab said:
SilverLine said:
bayareametalfab said:
SilverLine said:
Check the display page in the gui, to se if its in Park mode. If it is, search this thread to get the solution.

The software won't connect to the controller I'm getting that error.

open error.jpg

If its the Sp version, remember to tick "Can enabled" and power the controller from the battery.

Its the same error both ways and I have the 82.6v to the grey and purple Elock wire.

Then try reading the manuel. It sounds like you have wrong driver for the usb tool.

SilverLine said:
bayareametalfab said:
SilverLine said:
bayareametalfab said:
The software won't connect to the controller I'm getting that error.

open error.jpg

If its the Sp version, remember to tick "Can enabled" and power the controller from the battery.

Its the same error both ways and I have the 82.6v to the grey and purple Elock wire.

Then try reading the manuel. It sounds like you have wrong driver for the usb tool.

So this controller can only be started the first time with with the software? Nothing is turning at all with power to the controller. I've installed the correct driver as far as i can see and have been reading the manual not sure where the teechart5.ocx file is I don't see it anywhere. Shouldn't the controller turn on when power is connected to the E-lock regardless if i can connect to my computer?

bayareametalfab said:
SilverLine said:
bayareametalfab said:
SilverLine said:

So this controller can only be started the first time with with the software? Nothing is turning at all with power to the controller. I've installed the correct driver as far as i can see and have been reading the manual not sure where the teechart5.ocx file is I don't see it anywhere. Shouldn't the controller turn on when power is connected to the E-lock regardless if i can connect to my computer?

Yes it should. But for some reason, some people in here have received their votol controller set up for park mode by default. When its in Park mode, the motor will not turn. Also if your throttle is out of the min/max throttle range in the program, the controller goes in fail mode.

SilverLine said:
bayareametalfab said:
SilverLine said:
bayareametalfab said:

Yes it should. But for some reason, some people in here have received their votol controller set up for park mode by default. When its in Park mode, the motor will not turn. Also if your throttle is out of the min/max throttle range in the program, the controller goes in fail mode.

Yeah i was reading about the the brown wire a few pages back. Maybe it is in park I'm going to try running the software on another computer.

The motor does make noises if i spin it by hand so something is going on power wise.

I just got my em150sp and qs138 motor connected to the software. Here is a pic of my throttle settings. when I twist throttle the motor doesn't move until about 1/4 turn of throttle. Is there any adjustment so it is more sensitive? and how do I know that it recognizes what full throttle is when it is fully twisted?

also can you share with a few parameters to change to get full performance out of box? like I disable soft start! I can raise bus current to like 180. to get in sport mode I tried to take yellow/white wire and put it to the ground wire, but I cant seem to change the mode in software under gears, seem to stay on H. any help would be great, thanks

Attachments

• IMG_5235.jpg
    IMG_5235.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 1,480
rexfordk83 said:
I just got my em150sp and qs138 motor connected to the software. Here is a pic of my throttle settings. when I twist throttle the motor doesn't move until about 1/4 turn of throttle. Is there any adjustment so it is more sensitive? and how do I know that it recognizes what full throttle is when it is fully twisted?

also can you share with a few parameters to change to get full performance out of box? like I disable soft start! I can raise bus current to like 180. to get in sport mode I tried to take yellow/white wire and put it to the ground wire, but I cant seem to change the mode in software under gears, seem to stay on H. any help would be great, thanks

You measure your voltage output from you throttle, when going minimum and maximum, when 5v is connected from the controller. Typically with a 5kohm throttle.... it goes between 0.2v to 5v.... mine is around that. But I like a little deadband in the bottom, so my start voltage is set at 0.8v

When yellow/white is connected to GND, dosnt the gear show as "S" under the Display page in the software ??

On another node....
I was out testing a new motor pulley on my gokart today, with the votol/QS combo. A friend have made me a custom 24T and 26T motor pulley :)
The 24T is spot on for me, no more belt skipping, that I had with the original 22T, and still lot of torque. BUT I think I did experience the "Power loss" failure today, after about 15-16min of drive time. I had several full throttle / topspeed sessions.... And suddenly lost a lot of torque and throttle response...... Maybe I would do the "Shunt mod." and test. But I´m not sure how exactly to do it. Somebody mind describe how to do it ?? SilentEnduro ????

Sport mode
180 Amp bus bar current

Thanks....

SilverLine said:
rexfordk83 said:

You measure your voltage output from you throttle, when going minimum and maximum, when 5v is connected from the controller. Typically with a 5kohm throttle.... it goes between 0.2v to 5v.... mine is around that. But I like a little deadband in the bottom, so my start voltage is set at 0.8v

When yellow/white is connected to GND, dosnt the gear show as "S" under the Display page in the software ??

so on sport mode yes, I just got it to switch by touching it with ground, but now I seem to run into more issues. I noticed on page one my model was set to em 100 so I put it to em150 and saved. I then noticed it wont even get recognized by the software now. I tried it with the older can bus version software and it recognizes it but has all faults codes. and then was able to get back into the main software and has a lot of faults and my throttle setting went all to zero. I re entered them as original and saved but nothing. im having trouble getting the software to connect and now the motor doesn't even spin when I try to twist the throttle , I can hear a hum like at the beginning of when its just about to spin

rexfordk83 said:
SilverLine said:
rexfordk83 said:

so on sport mode yes, I just got it to switch by touching it with ground, but now I seem to run into more issues. I noticed on page one my model was set to em 100 so I put it to em150 and saved. I then noticed it wont even get recognized by the software now. I tried it with the older can bus version software and it recognizes it but has all faults codes. and then was able to get back into the main software and has a lot of faults and my throttle setting went all to zero. I re entered them as original and saved but nothing. im having trouble getting the software to connect and now the motor doesn't even spin when I try to twist the throttle , I can hear a hum like at the beginning of when its just about to spin

ok, I got it back online. first the usb cable is cheaply made, I had to wiggle it and noticed you hear in connecting and disconnecting. I also uninstalled everything and re installed. I then got it back online and notice page 1 is all blank under throttle and the tq settings under it. luckily I had a pic of the original settings, so I inputted it back and saved, it spins now, thank god because one of the fault codes said controller failure when it wasn't working.

do I leave it on model em100? mine is the em150sp. and they don have that option just em150.

rexfordk83 said:
rexfordk83 said:
SilverLine said:
rexfordk83 said:

ok, I got it back online. first the usb cable is cheaply made, I had to wiggle it and noticed you hear in connecting and disconnecting. I also uninstalled everything and re installed. I then got it back online and notice page 1 is all blank under throttle and the tq settings under it. luckily I had a pic of the original settings, so I inputted it back and saved, it spins now, thank god because one of the fault codes said controller failure when it wasn't working.

do I leave it on model em100? mine is the em150sp. and they don have that option just em150.

Mine was/is the same way it's listed as the 100 i just left it as is for now. I had to rewire my USB to get mine to connect.

SilverLine said:
Same for me. Have the 150sp, but in the software , it set as em100

ok then no worries, I just read at beginning of this thread that all that is important is the phase angle and the poles for the manufacture to set up for you motor before they send out then all rest are up to you to change, like bus bar current etc... so Im assuming they don't even bother with clicking on the exact controller model

rexfordk83 said:
SilverLine said:
Same for me. Have the 150sp, but in the software , it set as em100

ok then no worries, I just read at beginning of this thread that all that is important is the phase angle and the poles for the manufacture to set up for you motor before they send out then all rest are up to you to change, like bus bar current etc... so Im assuming they don't even bother with clicking on the exact controller model

I think you are right.

SilverLine said:
rexfordk83 said:

so do I get a volt meter and measure the throttle signal wire beginning point and end point ? if there is a way to do this with out the motor to spin would be ideal since I don't have it secure. also do you put positive meter terminal on signal wire and neg terminal on the throttle neg to see the input voltage?.

rexfordk83 said:
SilverLine said:
rexfordk83 said:

so do I get a volt meter and measure the throttle signal wire beginning point and end point ? if there is a way to do this with out the motor to spin would be ideal since I don't have it secure. also do you put positive meter terminal on signal wire and neg terminal on the throttle neg to see the input voltage?.

The throttle you should use. Has, gnd, +5v , and out. You could just use a 5v source. Then measure between gnd and out when connected.

SilentEnduro said:
Folks, are you ready for Votol EM-150-2 ? :lol:

viber_image_2020-04-13_13-56-44.jpg

viber_image_2020-04-13_13-56-43.png

BTW, EM-200 died completely and no possibility to order another one, since "we think the hardware of original EM200 has some problems, not only your customer has such issue"
But your em150 is still running with shunt mod. ?

That's hard to explain.. With shunt mod the controller is blind for the actual current so how does it limit?

A possibility to get shut off logic then is temp sensor somewhere. you could pack controller with CO2/dry ice and try it again :wink:

Bartosh changed temp coefficient in hidden settings, maybe this is a thing to try that can help.

(i guess you don't have BMS with temp sensor.. in any case would be worth to try without BMS also)

I've just got it from votol today:
regarding the TC parameter,it is a feedback of the mosfit/transister temperature. Our engineer said please don't modify it. it is a protection value.
I asked them gazillion times how it's calculated, why it seems to be RPM dependent, etc. It's been over a month since I got the last email btw. So you can imagine how it goes...

I'm grounded cause of the covid situation, so can't finish testing atm. Yes, temperature is the enemy. Even though I no longer experience such dramatic cutouts now, I feel like I'm loosing substantial amount of torque cause of the +50-60C motor temp difference. With the initial 500-600Nm on the rear wheel, the torque loss causes to climb, or not to climb kind of dilemma and it hurts. Anyway I need to finish testing some stuff to be sure what's going on. Yes, I tampered with these TCs. SilentEnduro you can PM me, but I need to get your .ini file 1st. BTW I'm using em150SP, not 150S (=P) like SilentEnduro. I also got the watercooling block for the controller and need to test it.

Back