Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

larsb said:
Yes, I’ve had my controller at 50V undervoltage setting when i tried to find root cause to cutouts i had at the time.

thanks! finally got my controller. seems to accept 50v but i hope there's no weird LVC issues at those low voltages

it's annoying that it's in park mode out of the box :roll: so i had to play around w/ the software before i could even get the motor to spin. then there's certain versions of the software that seemed to write weird values that causes various error codes. certain versions that's missing the temperature settings. not to mention the very unprofessional electric-tape wrapped dongle so i went ahead and shrink-wrapped it.

oh and out of the box the flux weakening values were too high which made my QS 120 70h 2000w motor go crazy at full throttle and wouldn't shut down

IMG_20200417_233037.jpg

Overclocker said:
larsb said:
Yes, I’ve had my controller at 50V undervoltage setting when i tried to find root cause to cutouts i had at the time.

thanks! finally got my controller. seems to accept 50v but i hope there's no weird LVC issues at those low voltages

it's annoying that it's in park mode out of the box :roll: so i had to play around w/ the software before i could even get the motor to spin. then there's certain versions of the software that seemed to write weird values that causes various error codes. certain versions that's missing the temperature settings. not to mention the very unprofessional electric-tape wrapped dongle so i went ahead and shrink-wrapped it.

oh and out of the box the flux weakening values were too high which made my QS 120 70h 2000w motor go crazy at full throttle and wouldn't shut down

IMG_20200417_233037.jpg

Out of interest. What was your Flux weakening setting ??

shankar said:
Hello Guys,
I'm new to this forum. Could anybody please tell me How to start QS3000 motor which is connected to EM-150 controller.

I'm sorry to ask this stupid question from you excellent peoples. I referred the manual and connected the motor and controller but it is not starting.

Shankar, did you get this going?I have same setup but can not get to work. Have all the diagrams I think. Just no action.

Activesites said:
shankar said:
Hello Guys,
I'm new to this forum. Could anybody please tell me How to start QS3000 motor which is connected to EM-150 controller.

I'm sorry to ask this stupid question from you excellent peoples. I referred the manual and connected the motor and controller but it is not starting.

Shankar, did you get this going?I have same setup but can not get to work. Have all the diagrams I think. Just no action.
Someone said the controller ships in park mode and you need to connect a park switch to switch that off, then the motor will run.

Cheers
Tyler

Hello everyone, did anyone experience this type of set up? I’m working on my new upgrade, but the phase wire on the stock controller are exchange. The yellow wire is connected to blue wire, and the blue wire is connected to the yellow wire. I try to do the same set up on my Votol EM100, but the motor didn’t spin at all. I try to tick the checkbox Phase wire exchange blue, green on Page 3, but still my motor didn’t spin. I try to connect the phase wire on the original connection but it didn’t work. (See photo) https://imgur.com/a/hamL3GV

Couldn’t really understand what your issue was so i’ll guess a bit here:

First: is controller in park mode? It’s well described earlier in the thread how to find and fix it.
Second: do you have any fault codes?
Third: If you want quick help, upload pictures of all settings screens.

Was both hall colors and phase colors switched the same way on old controller?

If you got a new controller then try to hook motor cables like they were (switched or unswitched) with the old controller. Match both phase wires and hall wires.

If it doesn’t work, try all possible phase wire connections first. Do you find any good connections?

SilverLine said:

will check later

larsb said:
@overclocker: where did you buy from? qs-motor or SIA/Ecosys qsmotor (www.cnqsmotor.com)?
whichever it was, seems their delivery is worse than i've experienced

aren't those 2 the same company?

here in philippines importations of less than US$200 are tax-free so i told them to declare it below $200. they agreed but see picture. nice job qsmotor. i had to pay a lot of customs fees!

sia.jpg

Hi all, a little important update regarding Votol EM-150s (first gen)
Now it goes better :) https://youtu.be/Wjo0IalwELQ
Many thanks to Bartosh, without him this wouldn't be possible :bigthumb:

Do not try this if you don't have spare controller, battery and bike

For now following mods have been made in my Votol:
FW compensation set to 100
Permanently soldered "sport mode"
Throttle changed back from Magura to "Passion Ebike"
T.C.1 - 10, T.C.2 - 13000, T.C.3 - 14000
Hardware shunt-mod ±30A

Rest, regular config:
BA - 140
PA - 9960
Sport A - 140
Soft-start disabled

If you read this and don't understand at least one parameter, please do NOT change anything in controllers config, you will make a brick or it will burn!

Overclocker said:
SilverLine said:

will check later

larsb said:
@overclocker: where did you buy from? qs-motor or SIA/Ecosys qsmotor (www.cnqsmotor.com)?
whichever it was, seems their delivery is worse than i've experienced

aren't those 2 the same company?

here in philippines importations of less than US$200 are tax-free so i told them to declare it below $200. they agreed but see picture. nice job qsmotor. i had to pay a lot of customs fees!

Once I also asked to declare less. They agreed but wrote whole sum instead. Also payed customs.
Also forgot to include one small item in shipment.
So your case is not exception.
Mistakes happen everywhere.
You have to pay for mistakes.

Sent from my Mi 9T using Tapatalk

hi all, need advice. I bought Votol EM-50s to replace fail EM-30 of my E-scooter.

Firstly the hardware.
Controller: Votol EM50s
Motor: QS-motor 72V1200W
Battery : Lead Acid 72V 20ah.

ฺBefore that with EM30s it could do the maximum speed 55km/H ,but after replace with EM-50 could do max speed only 35Km/h.

Here is my setting. please advice what parameter what cause of now controller limit as 35 kh/H

Attachments

• s1.jpg
    s1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 2,838
  • s2.jpg
    s2.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 2,837
  • s3.jpg
    s3.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 2,835
  • s4.jpg
    s4.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 2,833
  • s5.jpg
    s5.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 2,835
First: Read the manual. It’s in there.

Mid speed is set at 70% and mid setting is ticked as default.

Set it at 99%, possibly add some 500 flux weakening in mid flux setting..

Didn’t understand this? Read manual again. Then ask if you still have questions.

larsb said:
Couldn’t really understand what your issue was so i’ll guess a bit here:

First: is controller in park mode? It’s well described earlier in the thread how to find and fix it.
Second: do you have any fault codes?
Third: If you want quick help, upload pictures of all settings screens.

Was both hall colors and phase colors switched the same way on old controller?

If you got a new controller then try to hook motor cables like they were (switched or unswitched) with the old controller. Match both phase wires and hall wires.

If it doesn’t work, try all possible phase wire connections first. Do you find any good connections?

I got the hall wires connection fix, by trying to switch some of the wires. Thanks for the help, btw here is my settings for my bike.
Motor: 10" 60V1200W (I don't know the Brand since it's a Stock Motor)
Controller: EM100
Battery: 60V20ah Lead Acid

Since i really don't know how to set the Flux-Weakening Value I just try to test it to 1500, also i set all the port setting to empty function. On hall shift angle I try to enter the value of 60, but once i click the parameter write it change the value to -60, is that ok or not? I really appreciate it, if you can help me with the correct settings. Thanks.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    28.9 KB · Views: 2,785
  • 2.png
    2.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 2,785
  • 3.png
    3.png
    35 KB · Views: 2,786
  • RPM.png
    RPM.png
    36.3 KB · Views: 2,783
  • 4.png
    4.png
    35.7 KB · Views: 2,783
SilentEnduro said:
Hi all, a little important update regarding Votol EM-150s (first gen)
Now it goes better :) https://youtu.be/Wjo0IalwELQ
Many thanks to Bartosh, without him this wouldn't be possible :bigthumb:

Do not try this if you don't have spare controller, battery and bike

For now following mods have been made in my Votol:
FW compensation set to 100
Permanently soldered "sport mode"
Throttle changed back from Magura to "Passion Ebike"
T.C.1 - 10, T.C.2 - 13000, T.C.3 - 14000
Hardware shunt-mod ±30A

Rest, regular config:
BA - 140
PA - 9960
Sport A - 140
Soft-start disabled

If you read this and don't understand at least one parameter, please do NOT change anything in controllers config, you will make a brick or it will burn!

Sorry... But what is excactly T.C 1, 2 and 3 ?
Do you still run 22s, with this setup ?

larsb said:
It’s temp coefficient (TC) found in hidden/calibration settings. Haven’t tried them yet but there’s a description earlier in the thread how to get into this menu

Thank you Lars

Need help please. Have a Votol 150 I am trying to get into life.
I have the correct manual, correct software but the software is unable to connect the controller. It was suppose to be setup but there is no 5v output. Beginnig to wonder if this controller even works.

larsb said:
First: Read the manual. It’s in there.

Mid speed is set at 70% and mid setting is ticked as default.

Set it at 99%, possibly add some 500 flux weakening in mid flux setting..

Didn’t understand this? Read manual again. Then ask if you still have questions.

Larsb,Thank you.
Problem fix, Change Hall Shift angle from -120 to -60.
My motor is QS motor 72V1200W maybe V1.

Attachments

• s2-2.jpg
    s2-2.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 2,635
  • s3-2.jpg
    s3-2.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 2,635
  • qs.jpg
    qs.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 2,635
Hey guys, an EM-100 user here! The controller arrived along with my motorcycle, and has been running absolutely brilliantly from the get go, with absolutely no issues! Only thing I would like to do is connect it and increase the regen amount a little bit, to improve the stopping power... because now the regen is weak and doesn't cause a substantial speed reduction, so would like to improve on that! I opened up the bike, found the correct connector, removed the pins from the housing and wrapped extension cables around then, which are held in place by the heat shrink tubing, just so I can diassemble this if need be! On the other end I mounted a 3 pin servo cable to match what my Profilic USB adapter has.

I have installed the latest driver from the siaecosys.com website, and also am using the provided application, port opens without issues, I then power up the bike, and hence the controller, then hit the "Connect" button, but it doesn't connect! It reports back an error "Communication abnormal, no response". I have tried a few other version of the software with similar results.

Anybody got any idea what else I can try, or if I am missing something?

IMG_20200425_164143795.jpg

IMG_20200425_164951120.jpg

IMG_20200425_172413846.jpg

IMG_20200425_173220282.jpg

IMG_20200425_174141711.jpg

IMG_20200425_195614041.jpg

1) Can you see the serial adapter functioning ok in device manager on the computer?
2) Sometimes the rx tx wires also need to be crossed for communication to function but i don’t know when myself without some googleing :wink:

Which adapter do you have?

larsb said:
1) Can you see the serial adapter functioning ok in device manager on the computer?
2) Sometimes the rx tx wires also need to be crossed for communication to function but i don’t know when myself without some googleing :wink:

Which adapter do you have?

This is the adapter that I got: https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_dXFeqIN

1) Yes, I can see it listed properly in the Device Manager, and I have installed the latest driver from the siaecosys.com website
2) Did that also, switched the wires around, makes no difference! In a serial connection Tx and Rx need to be matched to Rx and Tx respectively, otherwise it doesn't work! Either way... switched them, didn't work!

At the start of this thread you were discussing that Reverse needs to be engaged for it to connect... or something like this... is there any merit to that? Also, I assume the controller needs to be powered up while attempting to connect? Is there any particular order in which this needs to happen - power on the controller, then plug in the USB in the computer, or plug in the USB and open the port first, then power the controller?

Usually i have the serial cable connected, power the controller, open program, Select correct com-port, press ”create file” button and then connect. I’ve never had any issues.

I’d buy a cable from QS as a last resort, you never know if the chip is good if it’s not bought from prolific or trusted source.

Do you possibly have a CAN controller? You could also try to tick CAN box in program or try from a different computer.

Back