casainho wrote: ↑
Apr 19, 2018 2:25 am
eyebyesickle wrote: ↑
Apr 18, 2018 9:41 pm
Thats an old video that just tells how to upload a certain controller profile that they were sending to someone... its like I have files for 48v18a, 36v13a, 52v17a, etc etc, and once I connect the motor to the computer/program, I can choose to save whichever one. Also, if you know what is what, you can modify other settings, or just the current etc with this... This is the method I use for programming controllers right now, and it is extremely limited/difficult to modify specific settings as opposed to just uploading a motor/controller profile like the video shows.
I think what casianho is doing will be much better, with several parameters customizeable, and more user friendly!
I would like to validate the information I learned on this process.
1. Can you please confirm that you have some cable (STLinkV2??) that is connected to the cable that goes to speed sensor?
2. And the software for reading and writing, is something specific or the Windows version of ST for flashing this microcontrollers?
3. Are you reading and changing the EEPROM area of the microcontroller and/or the flash area?
It is not just firmware, It is also all tecnhical details about the system, even like the LCD
1.) Yes, I took the connectors that came with the STlinkV2, and wired them to a TSDZ2 speed sensor extension cable that was cut in half.
2) Windows ST Visual Programmer ~ STlinkV2 software
3) Data Memory is the area for manual adjustments of voltage and current, you can change a couple values and edit manually. Otherwise, I just load the whole program memory AND data memory for easy programming, from pre prepared files I have.
On a side note, I may try to get these running with NO display. I think to have a model (coaster brake version, im thinking) where there is NO display, and NO speed sensor, that would be super slick and clean. JUST the pedal assist, as long as we can make it automatically come on when the battery is powered on, I would just leave it at 3/4 assist =).