ADAPTTO Controllers - new functions discussion

Adaptto has become very popular, and many people have adaptto. "is a good System, Yes"
Maybe stock market ??? I'm interested in these shares to buy then, or Investment in the Company....

sans.

I would like to be able to download via USB to my computer, a text file comprising ALL the settings of my controller.
This could then be used for sharing settings on forums, or easily reprogram a new controller.

Since we are all talking about it on other threads.

SUPPORT FOR LIGHTNING RODS MID-DRIVE MOTORS!

I know this was already looked at but surely the brain geniuses at Adaptto can figure it out! :)

Just curious, have any of the suggestions in this thread made it to firmware or production? Would be cool to see the running list in the first post and a green light next to it when implemented! Of course, I suspect not many will go green as a one line suggestion could turn into hundreds of hours of development or more but it would still be cool to see!

I would like a larger display, with thick window, and large conductive rubber buttons.
Also, a display support that can be mounted on the top tube of the frame, where it less prone to damage in a crash.
Wires should exit at the back, or underneath the display, not on the side.
Selectable backlight color would also be interesting.

Altair said:
I would like a larger display, with thick window, and large conductive rubber buttons.
Also, a display support that can be mounted on the top tube of the frame, where it less prone to damage in a crash.
Wires should exit at the back, or underneath the display, not on the side.
Selectable backlight color would also be interesting.

Hm. You are asking for a feature that will cost more money. A new, larger display would cost more for adaptto and the costs must be given to the customer. I can agree the current screen is not a pretty thing, but I think maybe screen issue could be solved in a matter that would drive the adaptto price down if anything. Let the user choose what screen to use. We could use what we already got. An old pad, smartphone or whatever we prefer. When done riding, going for coffee or shopping next weeks supplies simply put your smartphone in your pocket and it is safe for thief's and you get your calls, twitts and what not. Now that is a win win :)

I would like that there is a dedicated wire for the positive charger connection, so we do not have to splice a phase wire and add a connector.
I would like to see the internal temperature of the controller in the main window of the display.
I would like to be able to do the firmware upgrades through the USB connector.
I would like that the USB connector be a PC-mount type, not a cable mounted type.
I would like the BMS to have a transparent case.
I would like to have a user manual that explains thoroughly each function, in a correct english.
I would like that the charging coil and capacitors be enclosed in a box.
I would like that the holes in the controller case match the ones in the plastic end caps.

Hi Everyone!
It is less than a week left to take part in Adaptto Photo Challenge.
Don't miss your chance to win one of our controllers! Make a great photo of your build and follow some easy steps in order to participate!
Good Luck!

afc2015s.png

I know I am kind of repeating myself now, I've been asking for a connection to use cell phone rather then the original display.
Well I came across Iwoc today, and they got what you need to bring all kinds of fun functions to the Adaptto family of controllers.

Not only can you use cell phones or larger displays but these folks have various kits to fit more e-bike controllers.
It can communicate over canbus, seriel RS232 or UART. They have 3 different SDK so even an in depth communication with motor, battery and controller is possible.

http://www.ebikemotion.com/portfolio/iwoc/

20150312111824-resumen-ebm-system.png

20150313020640-caracteristicas-app.png

[youtube]rV2v_Jh1CyM[/youtube]

Offroader said:
Isn't the problems with cell phones that you can't read anything during the day?

no not anymore. It used to be, but in the past year or two screens are that much better.
Also when creating apps that will be read from a distance high contrast and big font size are helping the visibility.
And as long as your phone gets charged when used in such a way you can have the screen set to high brightness without loosing screen time.

Waterproofing.. would be a GOOD function..!

My 14kw is better than the first i got, but beef it up guys! The head unit needs to be much better.. chunkier n sealed up, I'm offroad 99% of the time.. It's nearly there, but I do worry when things get WET.. & i'm a long way from home!

Foggy screens bike going into protect / charge mode..

All good at the moment tho :)

Real Cool kit just needs a bit of polishing..

I just want to add that an important modification and safety feature is having a temp prove to attach to the batteries.

This way it can protect against overheating or battery failure during charging (cuts charge when a certain temperature is hit before possibly catching fire), and you can also monitor your battery temps to see if you are pushing them too hard and overheating them.

Surprised this wasn't built into the charger to begin with.

The KTY84 they are using now is listed as discontinued in many places, so in the event that Adaptto makes some major changes, it would be a good time to switch to a commonly available thermistor.

I would like a better way to adjust the throttle curve. Like maybe having 8 points that we can adjust individually to shape the curve.

I would like another choice of display refresh rate between 0 and .2 sec.

I would like an alternative main window that we can select and that would display only the data that is relevant to the motor. The numbers should be in a LARGE font, and include Voltage, battery Amps, phase Amps, instant Power, Temperatures, e-RPM and motor RPM .
Speed, odometer, range and options would NOT be displayed in this window.
This could be called the “Tuning” window and used accordingly.

I REALLY would like a version that can drive correctly the motors used in a mid-drive bike. No acceleration smoothing or limiting, no low-RPM Amp reduction, no limits that are currently applied to hubmotors. Just a good drive with excellent throttle control of the motor.

I wish that on the BMS, each section of 4 cells had its wires in the correct order, so all the wires for a complete battery pack would be in sequence.

I got the idea for a new function yesterday when riding. I would like the ability to program the powerprofiles with speed and power in account.
If I ride a profile that has a speed limit set to 45km/h, then I would like to be able to restrict the max current in steps under the speed limit. Just 3-4 steps would be enough I think.
Or even better a curveshape for smoother transitions.
For example 0-20km/h 30A, 20-35km/h 20A, 35-45km/h 13A. With this option I would be able to ride more economically without having to constantly check the currentdraw.
Losing some speed on the hills, but getting further all in all. Would be a nice endurance feature and only software related, cheap to implement.

I would like a third mode on the throttle that could be called the Power mode.
It would work like the Torque mode, but at low loads, it would not have the problem of RPM runaway.
This would allow a much better throttle control at very low speed.

Here's what I would like, split into software mods, and hardware mods:

Software:

When switched on, default to ECO, and require password ONLY ONCE to unlock, after that, you can cycle through modes without entering password.
I believe the current firmware makes you input pwd everytime you exit eco, which would make going from boost to normal require a password.

The ability to program controller completely to EU regulations in ECO mode.
That means Throttle alone can get you to 8 kph,
PAS alone to 25 kph.
So need two max speed settings (one throttle, one PAS), and the ability to use PAS without touching throttle.

More modes, with user configurable names. I guess 5 modes would do, and have the ability to set PAS required to ON/OFF per mode.

3 digit Volts and Speed!

Max temp stats, both for controller and motor.

Clock

API

Hardware:

Battery temp sensor lead

Right now, there is separate lead for coil ground, but coil + needs to be spliced into a motor phase?? Give us a separate charge lead for both + and -.
And while you're at it, please make it so that coil can be left connected permanently, without having to install a loop connector/switch etc.

Wheelie mode would ROCK!! an angle sensor in the controller, user calibrates it on a level surface, and then you set max angle of incline.
Controller can limit throttle when max angle is approached, or even apply regen when max angle is passed.

In addition to the regen input, a separate e-brake cutoff input.
I like to use variable regen with u wuxing thumb throttle, and would like my brakelevers to just cut the throttle input.

8 AWG wiring.

Panel mount to mount it to top of ebike frames.
What I mean is: open up display as it is now, and mount the top part to a panel. Would only require another middle piece (the one that was green before).

WATERPROOF controller and display

make the R113 resistor (which is basically a SMD fuse) into a proper fuse (or alternatively, a regular, non-smd resistor).

Great product!
easy switch between profiles. profile would be all settings. ie eco/normal/boost settings/battery settings/throttle and motor settings. so you can swap between bikes/ chargers/users etc.

controller temp on main page, or configure what data is on front page.
phone integration and lose the screen
better buttons on screen.
Lastly, and this is one that seems to be an issue a lot for me: change profiles while in motion. I hate having to stop because I"m climbing a hill too slowly, so I can switch to boost but now I have to start on the hill!

Thanks!

Mammalian04 said:
Since we are all talking about it on other threads.

SUPPORT FOR LIGHTNING RODS MID-DRIVE MOTORS!

I know this was already looked at but surely the brain geniuses at Adaptto can figure it out! :)

Hmm?, i actually us my adaptto on my GNG-LR-Mutant up to 3kW, whats your problem with it?

notger

Has any of the suggested new features and functions actually been added to the Adaptto? Maybe someone knows if any of these have made it to the Adaptto Road Map?
I understand developing new features is not done overnight, and will need to be tested etc but it would be nice if Adaptto themselves would spend some time on this thread giving comments or even put down a time line for those features that get picked up. Just a thought.

macribs said:
Has any of the suggested new features and functions actually been added to the Adaptto? Maybe someone knows if any of these have made it to the Adaptto Road Map?
I understand developing new features is not done overnight, and will need to be tested etc but it would be nice if Adaptto themselves would spend some time on this thread giving comments or even put down a time line for those features that get picked up. Just a thought.

All they have been saying is that current controllers have reached memory limit.
That means no more new features, at all.

But yeah, they should be more open about new development, give us some kind of roadmap on what features as feasible for the new controller, what THEY have in mind, etc...

Back