Adaptto Mini-E/Max-E Owner's Thread

Xtr6 said:
Got some heat problems with my cro motor v3.
It al starts even in the eco mode. Temp. rising towards 50 C.
In the normal mode temp. is going toward 90 C. And in the boost 120 A- 250 A it's going toward 135 C.
I did a few auto runs but have still the heat problem. Further is the Raptor a beast but I can't ride long with these high temp.
And that is just a waste of FUN.
Ho had the same problems and solved this heat problem.

The only way I solved my heat problems is with a custom cooling modification. There is no way around this heat problem unless you cool it. I went from not being able to ride the bike after 10 miles due to heat to riding as hard as I want when I turn on the fan. It works like a hair blow dryer when the fan is on.

120 Amps is a lot of power, you're going to heat that motor up in no time.

[youtube]72EbskPCNcY[/youtube]

Does anyone know if it is OK to extend the wires after the charging coil?

Or should the wires be extended before the charging coil?

Thanks.

Offroader said:
The only way I solved my heat problems is with a custom cooling modification. There is no way around this heat problem unless you cool it. I went from not being able to ride the bike after 10 miles due to heat to riding as hard as I want when I turn on the fan. It works like a hair blow dryer when the fan is on.

120 Amps is a lot of power, you're going to heat that motor up in no time.

Is the fan instaled inside the motor?

I was no able to spot it in the video.

Do you have it on a build tread, because I think this is going to be the only solution for my problem, I think.
If somebody did a good job for solving this problem why not copy it. (if he's nog angry for that)

Could somebody measure the current flow through the "key switch wires"?
I'm assuming full pack voltage (please confirm this too), but would need to know current draw to see if I could use a reed switch to turn bike on/off.

Thanks!

Xtr6 said:
Do you have it on a build tread, because I think this is going to be the only solution for my problem, I think.
If somebody did a good job for solving this problem why not copy it. (if he's nog angry for that)

The way I built mine was on the difficult side, so unless you want a project I wouldn't recommend doing it. You will have to install an RC EDF to get good airflow.

The hard part is sealing the motor on the inside (the airduct) so the fresh air comes in, circulates around the motor and the hot air exits. The seal on the air-duct has to be good or you will just recirculate hot air inside the motor.

In the diagram below, I believe it was created by main88, you can see how it works.

You could try Ferro Fluid as an alternative. I am not sure how well it works, especially if you are pushing the power you are, but people are liking it. It is hard to believe it can cool anywhere close to my setup, because the amount of hot air that is blown out of my motor is surprising, it will burn your hand after a few seconds when the motor is hot.

3fi3CP.jpg

brooklands said:
Unfortunately the firmware update did not solve my actual problem. I still cannot save the throttle limits for a longer period. I have to re-adjust them after every restart. Did anyone have this problem before? Any suggestions?

I eventually solved my problem with the throttle limits. Yesterday Oleg wrote me an e-mail that the testing guys from Adaptto found the same problem and that they will provide a new firmware maybe next week. Already today (only 1 day later) Oleg sent me an update for my display. After flashing this update everything works fine and the throttle limits are saved even after a restart.

The guys from Adaptto are excellent. I think they have the best service team I ever get to know :D .

Anyone else having issues with the latest firmware? Named rc9g3.
Apart from the motor "hesitating" just as if it is briefly losing sync at somewhere over 20A, I also found another strange thing.
It will not store the settings I do to calibrate the regen switch. Every time I restart the controller, I have to specify the voltagerange again to get decent regen braking power.

How long is adapttos responsetime for supportcases?

sorry to interrupt here, but didnt find what i am looking for. I want 4 x6 s lippo battery's connecting to the adaptto bms, how must i connect the balance leads?
Its a 50 volt configuration, can anybody draw this ?

Thanks carl

bionicon said:
sorry to interrupt here, but didnt find what i am looking for. I want 4 x6 s lippo battery's connecting to the adaptto bms, how must i connect the balance leads?

Thanks carl

If you're talking 4x 6s in series, that's 24s, and too much for the adaptto.
Recommended is 20s max, or 22s, but then you can't use full power until battery has sagged a bit.

bionicon said:

Thanks carl

hi,
look here https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=61183#p914204
heres akind of manual for BMS.

or does anyone actually have a print version af an bms manual?

greets
notger

Hi,

does anyone know about a voltage source around 12Volt and potential current up to 3A on the adaptto PCB?
i'd need a voltage sourve around 10-18 Volts for different stuff and in terms of clean setups i would rather take it from adaptto, than from aseparate stepdown converter if possible.

greets

Anit

Wheazel said:
Hmm your throttle case sounds very much like my problems with the brakelimits. Not a problem for you?

Sorry, I can't tell you. I have a mid-drive. So I can't use regen.

Got my Mini E working finally!

Does anyone know if it's supposed to be slow to throttle up? for example, I open the throttle up from a standstill and I get 4a, then 7, then 10, then 20, then 30a over about 5-10 seconds. it's smooth as silk, but i'd like it to just go wide open on me. That said I love it. Thanks Artur for getting it fixed for me!

-Aaronski

aaronski said:

Does anyone know if it's supposed to be slow to throttle up? for example, I open the throttle up from a standstill and I get 4a, then 7, then 10, then 20, then 30a over about 5-10 seconds. it's smooth as silk, but i'd like it to just go wide open on me. That said I love it. Thanks Artur for getting it fixed for me!

-Aaronski
-try to change settings in traction settings, ls start/ hs start. you might need to read the manual to understand it though.

-increase current in profiles

-check all your temp and battery settings are dialed /calibrated correctly.

aaronski said:

-Aaronski
Take a look at the MENU REFERENCE:
PWM rise lim
00080 regulates the maximum speed of the motor (or the maximum rate of increase in cycle of the PWM) and to some extent the rate of acceleration when cracking the throttle. The larger the number, the faster. The highest setting is 80, for extreme driving and maximum performance.

Cheers

Attachments

• MENU REFERENCE- Adaptto mini-E and MAX-E Controller.pdf
    421.1 KB · Views: 55
does anyone here have a copy of all firmwares unlocked and locked for the max e or for alll versions i can download as a zip perhaps?

please let me know

thanks

Cowardlyduck and ridethelightening,

Thanks guys, very helpful! I'll test both of those.

Under power profiles how to you get ---?
I can only get the lowest or highest setting.

I spent 4 hours last night reading both this entire thread- 130 pages of it! And the adapt to manual from their website. Didn't see that info. A lot to digest in one night though.

Lastly, I'm getting a max e- this controller is too cool, and the mini would be perfect for a kid's bike

notger said:
Hi,

does anyone know about a voltage source around 12Volt and potential current up to 3A on the adaptto PCB?
i'd need a voltage sourve around 10-18 Volts for different stuff and in terms of clean setups i would rather take it from adaptto, than from aseparate stepdown converter if possible.

greets

Anit

There is no way to get 12 volts from the adaptto. You will have to buy a separate step down converter.

Back