Adaptto Mini-E/Max-E Owner's Thread

Offroader said:
notger said:
Hi,

does anyone know about a voltage source around 12Volt and potential current up to 3A on the adaptto PCB?
i'd need a voltage sourve around 10-18 Volts for different stuff and in terms of clean setups i would rather take it from adaptto, than from aseparate stepdown converter if possible.

greets

Anit

There is no way to get 12 volts from the adaptto. You will have to buy a separate step down converter.

12v volt laptop type AC adaptor...reliable, efficient, fairly compact.. :wink:

ridethelightning said:
There is no way to get 12 volts from the adaptto. You will have to buy a separate step down converter.

Ok, Ill go with that, i just hate having too mach individual components on my bikes.

Hi, i just installed a PAS on my adaptto, just to try it out.
But it's not really working nicely, i was hoping that it would be able to do a kind of torque simulation.
But it just simply has on/off function, wich is pretty sensless and not nice to ride with 1-3 KW.

Does anyone know if a torque simulation function is still possible to come firmware-wise, or impossible cause of some missing hardware properties of the adapttos ?

or does anyone know of any PAS <-to-> intelligent-torque-simulation parts wich could be pluged between PAS and adaptto?

Or:
any way to make real torque sensors work on adaptto ?

greets

Anit

ridethelightning said:
Offroader said:
notger said:
Hi,

does anyone know about a voltage source around 12Volt and potential current up to 3A on the adaptto PCB?
i'd need a voltage sourve around 10-18 Volts for different stuff and in terms of clean setups i would rather take it from adaptto, than from aseparate stepdown converter if possible.

greets

Anit

Cool idea. What is the DC input voltage range this type of adapter could accept? I'm running 72v nominal wondering if I could go with this option.

I personally use this DC-DC converter for 12 volts. It is around 150 grams if I remember correctly, not very heavy and works well at 82 volts. Good for 6 amps.

You could use the AC-DC converters also.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/E-bike-DC-DC-Converter-24V-36V-48V-60V-72VDC-universal-to-12VDC-10A-72V-Electric/313864_522806594.html

adaptto manual said:
This value is given in millimeters per electrical revolution. To calculate the required value must be the circumference of the wheel assembly divided by the number of pole-pairs in your motor.
For most direct-drive motors the number of pole-pairs is equal to 23. If possible, verify the data for your motor. For example, for a 9 Continent motor, 24" rim with a 2.5” tire the value will be 1965mm/23 = 85.4mm

hi,

i just installed a external speed sensor, cause i use a mid drive kit.
But i do not get and find anything on the way to calculate the external speed ratio.

so i equaled it with a standard bike speedometer
tire 2270 mm
1 magnet

the speed ratio wich equals the right speed on the bike speedo is 35 ???

What logic is behind it ? i do not get it

2270 / ? 65 ? = 35 - why 65 ?(polepairs) cause this would be the formula of circumference / polepair
i mean the standard for bike speedos is 1 magnet, why not just calculating it base on the circumference ?

And i cannot set the speed ratio for the motor to 0 the lowest is 7
can i disable the motor speed ratio anyhow, cause if i push the throttle is still shows me some speed, without moving the bike

Cool idea. What is the DC input voltage range this type of adapter could accept? I'm running 72v nominal wondering if I could go with this option.[/quote]

i run 22s, but im fairly sure it will work at 72v also. I have used several of these on many bikes, never failed. but input polarity must be right from the battery or will not work....not blow up, just not work :) you can get them up to around 12v 10A 120w and perhaps more. good for lights, fans, but depending on the other applications, the output may have a little ripple(depends on the unit perhaps) and may not be good to run a relay switch, may need to check on the scope.
I have used a chinese sharp aluminium box style dc/dc also, was not impressed when it died after about 5 min, blew fuse and totally carced. cheap, bad quality and not massed produced enough to make the design good perhaps.

dont try the samller heavy coil type ac adaptor that plugs direct onto the wall, it wont work.

ridethelightning said:
Cool idea. What is the DC input voltage range this type of adapter could accept? I'm running 72v nominal wondering if I could go with this option.

i run 22s, but im fairly sure it will work at 72v also. I have used several of these on many bikes, never failed. but input polarity must be right from the battery or will not work....not blow up, just not work :) you can get them up to around 12v 10A 120w and perhaps more. good for lights, fans, but depending on the other applications, the output may have a little ripple(depends on the unit perhaps) and may not be good to run a relay switch, may need to check on the scope.
I have used a chinese sharp aluminium box style dc/dc also, was not impressed when it died after about 5 min, blew fuse and totally carced. cheap, bad quality and not massed produced enough to make the design good perhaps.

dont try the samller heavy coil type ac adaptor that plugs direct onto the wall, it wont work.[/quote]

Sweet I've got a few of these just laying around. I'll test them out. Always on the spot with some great tips tks RTL!

Hello sorry to interrupt , i have a adaptto mid-e that runs a revolt 160short on 50 volts. Now it accelerate very slow.Did the lineair trottle settup, but it didnt react on it . Dont know if this is the cause of the slow acceleration, have anybody an idee?

Thx carl

bionicon said:
Hello sorry to interrupt , i have a adaptto mid-e that runs a revolt 160short on 50 volts. Now it accelerate very slow.Did the lineair trottle settup, but it didnt react on it . Dont know if this is the cause of the slow acceleration, have anybody an idee?

Thx carl

probably it's the power-profile setup. i think its the last point called "acc" just switch it to "--" (or as high as you can go)
but as i can remember just eco mode has lowered acceleration, if you switch to normal or boost (with the up button) there should be full acceleration by default.

greets

notger

Yes have seen that but at boost mode the acceleration is also slow,maybe a litle bit harder but not like it should be :cry:

I must admit I do not see anything in the Adaptto manual about pedal assist settings?
http://adaptto.com/MANUALS/Mini-Max-User-Manual-ENG.pdf

notger said:
Or:
any way to make real torque sensors work on adaptto ?
greets
Anit
Although Adaptto does not support a torque sensor directly, have a look at the thread below, it looks like a great solution to have a torque sensor on Adaptto, and it appears you could even combine it with the PAS cadence one for best results
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=67086

It uses the BEAMts sensor http://www.beamtssample.com/styled/index.html
• It is affordable and compatible with most controllers.
• It works together with the throttle as it uses a throttle pass-through.
• It is simple to implements because of the throttle pass-through.
• It is self-calibrating but does have a programming interface for fine tuning.
• It can also be combined with the PAS cadence sensor for the best possible pedal assist comfort and ease of use.

Oh yes i know beam-ts and i'd love to use it, but i go with mid-drive-kits
and the developers of beamts told me for my kind of setup ther is no way to use the beamts.

But in the german pedelec/e-bike forum some freaks developed the
Arduino Forums-Controller wich allows to connect preety much everything at the FC and then at the use Motorcontroller throttle-In.
So i translates all kind of sensor input into a throttel-input-signal. And it can do even more.

It can be use with or without display for live data or setup (theres also a android and windows configuration software made for it ), and it's kind like the CA, but more flexible, mighty, way cheaper, and open source

So i might go with such a thing until Adaptto probably alo implements those feature into their controllers.

here some links to the Forums-Controller (but in german)
http://www.pedelecforum.de/wiki/doku.php?id=elektrotechnik:forumscontroller#anschluss_der_hardware
http://www.pedelecforum.de/wiki/doku.php?id=elektrotechnik:forumscontroller:peripherie

greets

Gernot

Guys, first of a long list of noob questions. I have a 20s 12p battery and would like some help on what I should be setting my upper and lower voltage cut-off to. Am also running the adaptto bms. Upper voltage 80v? Lower voltage, not really sure?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,952
You could go 84v to get full capacity out of the cells, or if longevity of the pack is more important then maybe 82v which will mean each cell is of course charging to only 4.1v. If you are using regen braking it is suggested that you put the upper limit just above your charge cut-off limit so regen braking works straight from a full charged pack.

Lvc i would say betwen 68-70v ? 68=3.4v per cell, 70=3.5 It just depends on how much range you need and how much you want to pamper your pack.

Seeing that you built such a nice looking battery pack and have some skills i am surprised you need to ask. Or perhpas i have read your question wrong?

If you have the bms to monitor I wouldn't set a lvc until you know how much voltage sag you have under load. Set it later.

With my 15s8p and 15s10p pack made out of sony VTC4 cells i even go LVC 3Volts and 2,8 Volts if its about some kilometers to get home in eco mode.

3.4 or even 3.5 would not not even let me use 70% of my Pack cause of voltagedrop.
But if your cells are not the worst china-crap 12s will give you quite some voltage-stability.
But like Brake and BrumBrum said i would try it out and look at the used Wh, Ah and set the LVC from there.
You could actually start from 3.5Volts and if you do not get enough distance go lower.
But most 18650's are recommended not to discharge lower than 3 Volts (depending on the kind, type and brand)

Wheazel said:
Anyone else having problems sending in a support case to adaptto?
I get the 500 server error when trying. Tried two different browsers.

use that techsupport(ähht)adaptto(knot)com

Quokka said:
Guys, first of a long list of noob questions. I have a 20s 12p battery and would like some help on what I should be setting my upper and lower voltage cut-off to. Am also running the adaptto bms. Upper voltage 80v? Lower voltage, not really sure?

wow, nice to see your pack Quokka.
glad you used the bosch brand hot glue, i first built a pack with cheapo stuff from mitre10, only to find that it would just snap apart with the lightest pressure or even jut by itself :shock: :cry:
had to redo the whole pack with the bosch stuff, what a pita.

my 2c. i set lvc to ~ 3.2v-3.0v/cell or something, only charge to around 4.0v for normal usage with such a massive pack, that way it will last a long time, and very occasionally if i need to do a longer ride i might charge to 4.12 or so.

actually there is some talk that lvc is only critical for the resting voltage, so voltage drop under load from a quick burst will not damage the cells as such, even if pushed down to 3.0v say.
so if you set it low, but dont let it ever get there you wont have the thing cutting out on you so much at lower soc.

ridethelightning said:
glad you used the bosch brand hot glue, i first built a pack with cheapo stuff from mitre10, only to find that it would just snap apart with the lightest pressure or even jut by itself :shock: :cry:
had to redo the whole pack with the bosch stuff, what a pita.
Woah, this is info I didn't realise and I'm about to build a long pack for my commuter only held together by the glue.

Do you need a bosch glue gun or just the glue, and where do you get the glue?

Cheers

Back