Idiots guide to rewinding Revolt 120 pro

it pulls strong for sure, front wheel gets airy and sometimes lifts. I'm not sure if setting phase current to 300A will make a difference as i am limited by BMS to 120A on the battery - the difference will only be at slow speed and the Kelly controllers are known for their soft starts.. :|

Santa came early this year, i got some heat conductive potting silicone for the motor wind, 2W/mK heat conduction.
image.jpeg
Got to get that heat out!

Also got what i think is a new favourite connector: JST JWPF 6 pin. They are tiny, waterproof and easy to get heat shrink on. Bye bye huge kelly connectors!
image.jpeg

Ohh I feel for you bro, hang in there. I know it is tough but soon they leave. If you haven't already make sure your guest bed is of really poor quality, and if possible do some mods to the bed itself to either tilt in one direction or or to slope head low. Nothing sends guest away quickly as a terrible bed. :lol:

Stay outdoors as much as possible and try to do all the things you usually stay to busy to keep up with. That way you keep contact to an absolute minimum yet you gather up some points with your wife and save up some spear time for e-bike related for later.

I am with weazel on this :D
After the [strike]old witch[/strike] [strike]old hag[/strike] eh your wife's mother leave make sure you learn from the experience. Set up the guest bedroom and bed as if it was for your worst enemy, and a mother in law kind of is. If possible remove some material from the walls to make sound travel better. Get yourself a vacuum robot and let it start at all odd hours, preferable just let it loop outside guest room for a long period. I am sure after a couple of more visits you will gradually get your house back to yourself.

I love when weak men take wives, then bitch about them the whole time afterward. Marriage is about the worst thing ever an INDUSTRIOUS and AMBITIOUS man can do to himself.

frocking brilliant, that.

Marriage is tough and can suck the life out of you, that's why we got second and third wifes.

Well my wife is not the issue :D :D

Having too much on my plate currently, fixing a bachelor party for my best friend. Lot's of work doing the planning. Buuut only four coils to go.. I'll have to do one or two this week.

When the new motor runs i think i'll gear it for 100+ km/h and do a trial run. The current motor does 65 km/h with the gearing i have now so it might be possible :D

Now i can run the kelly at 100% without overheating. It takes just a few seconds to 65 km/h which is the max with my gearing.

Motor doesn't get more than fingervarm during my driving - although it is quite flat where i ride.
26x2 tyres, kV45/72V, running 9/53t sprockets but the bike almost need less gearing. Therefore i think that 100km/h should be possible.

As a side note: even with the crappy sensors i was able to do 80-85km/h but it led to overheating in five minutes time..

I did some drag races to try the motor i use on my bike. Best time for 0-50km/h was 3.9 seconds.
That requires an average power of around 3.5kW at the rear wheel. Since power is proportional to rpms the max output was around 7kw. Torque is then considered constant (it is not..but for a rough estimation)

That's not too bad.

It's hard to tell from zero, seems there is a small lag up to 5-10 km/h then it takes off.
That's a very subjective judgement..

I'd love to see someone with a dyno try KLS7230 vs Adaptto on the same motor and show the relative performance at the same setting!

larsb said:
It's hard to tell from zero, seems there is a small lag up to 5-10 km/h then it takes off.
That's a very subjective judgement

unfortunately this seems to be normal on kelly controllers. the torque at low RPM is quite low.

Received a new bike light:
https://m.banggood.com/DC9-85V-20W-2000lm-Motorcycle-LED-Hung-out-Headlight-With-USB-Charger-Lamp-p-1095321.html?rmmds=orderdetail

Actually looks like an ok product, well packaged, brackets seem to be stainless. It'll be a while before i mount it though.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

larsb said:
Received a new bike light:
https://m.banggood.com/DC9-85V-20W-2000lm-Motorcycle-LED-Hung-out-Headlight-With-USB-Charger-Lamp-p-1095321.html?rmmds=orderdetail

Actually looks like an ok product, well packaged, brackets seem to be stainless. It'll be a while before i mount it though.
View attachment 1

Nice looking light. Interested to know how it will perform. I've been using one of those cheap 4xLed lights and for the price they work well, but they don't have a lens and the the light output is far from 20W...

Back