Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Hi guys,

it would be very reasonable to implement additional safety features. For example, if the temperature of the battery rises too fast, a shutdown or a throttling of the power system could be implemented, also a shutdown in case of an accident or in case the throttle fails. An additional on board connectivity by wire would be really helpful for this, the CAN interface would be reasonable. This also aims on onboard diagnosis. It could help to get better street-legalty with a modular building set. Then it would aim on larger EVs.

I can only encourage you to enlarge your products, this will play an important role in the future of individual mobility.

EDIT: For those who are interested: A device that establishes a CAN-Bluetooth bridge is already available http://www.esd.eu/german/products/CAN/can-bluetooth.htm

I just found this!! I got the app and would like to buy this, but will it display the speed in MPH for US residents?

Whiplash said:
I just found this!! I got the app and would like to buy this, but will it display the speed in MPH for US residents?

if you set your unit in MPH in setting page, it will display MPH on screen, if you set temperature to F it will display F there !
you can download the user guide from our web site for at below link !

http://www.4shared.com/document/3hf3QFEX/_20110611__android_client_20.html

cheers,

danny

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2011-12-02 at 11.18.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2011-12-02 at 11.18.05 PM.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 3,306
Thanks! Great system!

cwah said:
Can speedict record distance over time? For example if I want to know how many km I did over 3 months, would that be displayed?

hi you can use our android client, you can define a battery per-charge log say 3 months and total accumulated trip distance can be displayed.

please download our android client user guide e.g. page 30 give you an idea how its data will be displayed.

Ok thanks speedict, will probably get one soon it does everything :)

Aah, maybe the only missing feature is to track lipo at the cell level (no need anymore lipo monitor if it does that). Would this feature be in scope later on :?:

cwah said:
Ok thanks speedict, will probably get one soon it does everything :)

Aah, maybe the only missing feature is to track lipo at the cell level (no need anymore lipo monitor if it does that). Would this feature be in scope later on :?:

current speedict ebike's hardware design not capable to measure cell level voltage unless hardware change, unfortunate we have no plan on this area.

Thanks for the answer. It seems to be a very good product.

It seems it can do everything the Cycle Analyst can do? Maybe the only limitation are the amperage/voltage limitation and the requirement to always have the phone connected in order to log the data.

cwah said:
Thanks for the answer. It seems to be a very good product.

It seems it can do everything the Cycle Analyst can do? Maybe the only limitation are the amperage/voltage limitation and the requirement to always have the phone connected in order to log the data.

on firmware 2.3 we are going to launch after Chinese new year, it can capture pas and throttle signal and output throttle signal to controller, with current throttle, speed throttle for controlling pas or throttle signal ... the bad thing is ... you still android phone to work with:(

should you have time you can take a look of the draft ...

http://www.4shared.com/office/aYEktmh1/android_client_2x__20111230_.html

Mt Speedict has arrived and I'm having problems. Please can you help.
First of all, there's no wiring instructions, which I think is bad. I've connected the battery to the side marked "+" and "-". Is this correct?
My Samsung Galaxy S2 is able to pair with the device either directly or using the Speedict client software, but I only get zeros in the display for all battery values. I haven't connected the speed or temperature sensors. What's wrong?
What does Sycronise Bike mean? Mine just hangs on this screen.

d8veh said:
First of all, there's no wiring instructions, which I think is bad. I've connected the battery to the side marked "+" and "-". Is this correct?
My Samsung Galaxy S2 is able to pair with the device either directly or using the Speedict client software, but I only get zeros in the display for all battery values. I haven't connected the speed or temperature sensors. What's wrong?

d8veh said:

hi, on speedict ebike there are marked input and output and +, - polarity, depended on you need you can either connect battery on output side and battery charger on input side for battery charging monitoring OR you can connect battery on input side and connect output side to speed controller, BUT make sure + and - polarity connected.

please download user guide, android client user guide (if you are running android client) from our website first, with user guide you can tell the wire diagram as well as android client operations.

also depended on your need you can download firmware version for different features, please download the firmware readme file.

by the way, should you still have problem please send it back for refund :)

speedict support

Thanks for a quick reply. I've now found the markings for input and output in small writing on the side of the device. I didn't think to look there.
So, my battery was connected to the wrong side. Would this be the reason that I had zeros in the display?
I have downloaded the user guide, but the Samsung Galaxy SII works differently to the guide. There are no buttons to press because it's a touch-screen device. However I can find the various display screens and a menu.
You didn't answer my question: What does "Syncronise bike" mean and how long should I wait for something to happen. I've waited 5 minutes and still nothing. there's no mention of this in the user guide as far as I can see.
The user guide I have is 1.02 Dec 2010. Is this the latest one. If not, could you give me a link to the correct one.

d8veh said:
Thanks for a quick reply. I've now found the markings for input and output in small writing on the side of the device. I didn't think to look there.
So, my battery was connected to the wrong side. Would this be the reason that I had zeros in the display?
I have downloaded the user guide, but the Samsung Galaxy SII works differently to the guide. There are no buttons to press because it's a touch-screen device. However I can find the various display screens and a menu.
You didn't answer my question: What does "Syncronise bike" mean and how long should I wait for something to happen. I've waited 5 minutes and still nothing. there's no mention of this in the user guide as far as I can see.
The user guide I have is 1.02 Dec 2010. Is this the latest one. If not, could you give me a link to the correct one.

d8veh said:
I have downloaded the user guide, but the Samsung Galaxy SII works differently to the guide. There are no buttons to press because it's a touch-screen device.

on android even touch button there are one menu button, we all called this are button !

if you use android as your mobile client please upgrade your firmware to 2.x, we shipped version 1.x by default for support normal java phone

d8veh said:
However I can find the various display screens and a menu.
on android client page 1 we mentioned you press the menu button for main menu and then press the LIVE VIEW menu item for live view your data

d8veh said:

please upgrade your firmware to 2.x first

d8veh said:
yes this is latest revision

d8veh said:
Ok, I've upgraded the firmware and everything is working now. Thanks for your help.

i am preparing the quick start guide as well :D

after chinese new year holiday we may launch a new firmware 2.3 which is completely change your ebike to be able to control pas and throttle signal, provide current and pas throttle like feature, below is the draft but at least can tell you some background information about it.

http://www.4shared.com/office/aYEktmh1/android_client_2x__20111230_.html

Danny, I was able to fully test my Speedict today and I'm now very happy with it, but I have one comment and one suggestion.
I set the current to 20a max and I could see that the current never went over that, but the max current showed in the display was 38a. When I first started at low current (approx 3A) I could see the max current jumping much higher. Is it reading spikes?
I set the alarm to sound when I reached 20a and the alarm went off as expected, but it doesn't stop, so I have to stop and re-set it. I think it would be better to sound only for one minute or something like that and also show something flashing in the display because you can't always hear the phone when you're going fast.

Finally, just another small suggestion: i think it would be a good idea to put a piece of paper in the box that says " Please update firmware before using" if you know that the firmware in the device can't work with some phones. I also think that you should also provide a piece of paper with clear wiring instructions. the markings on the device are easily missed and the user guide is also not very clear (IMHO).

In Spite of these comments, I think the Speedict is an excellent product and I look forward to further developments. There's also a thread running on the Pedelecs forum that you might want to look at from time to time.
http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/10711-speedict-power-bike-computer.html

d8veh said:
Danny, I was able to fully test my Speedict today and I'm now very happy with it, but I have one comment and one suggestion.
I set the current to 20a max and I could see that the current never went over that, but the max current showed in the display was 38a. When I first started at low current (approx 3A) I could see the max current jumping much higher. Is it reading spikes?
I set the alarm to sound when I reached 20a and the alarm went off as expected, but it doesn't stop, so I have to stop and re-set it. I think it would be better to sound only for one minute or something like that and also show something flashing in the display because you can't always hear the phone when you're going fast.

Finally, just another small suggestion: i think it would be a good idea to put a piece of paper in the box that says " Please update firmware before using" if you know that the firmware in the device can't work with some phones. I also think that you should also provide a piece of paper with clear wiring instructions. the markings on the device are easily missed and the user guide is also not very clear (IMHO).

In Spite of these comments, I think the Speedict is an excellent product and I look forward to further developments. There's also a thread running on the Pedelecs forum that you might want to look at from time to time.
http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/electric-bicycles/10711-speedict-power-bike-computer.html

i am not sure if it was spikes, but you can download your logs to pc and with chart view you may see the spikes, let me know that if you have the result.

cwah said:
By the way, what is the maximum voltage we can use? I'll have 74V lipo that will be at 84V fully charged. Would that still be ok on the speedict?

80V is the max, we leave it some buffer but be careful voltage spikes may kill, install electronic switch may reduce voltage spikes ...

speedict said:
i am not sure if it was spikes, but you can download your logs to pc and with chart view you may see the spikes, let me know that if you have the result.
I looked at the charts and they show big occasional spikes. I can't post them here just now because I don't have a Windows computer. I had to see them on a friend's.

d8veh said:
speedict said:
I looked at the charts and they show big occasional spikes. I can't post them here just now because I don't have a Windows computer. I had to see them on a friend's.

you better do some more tests to see why and when your system generate spike in the middle, because we not record the moment of first contact (power on)

I have connected the temperature sensor to the lower port but unable to get readout. The sensor is confirmed functional on the upper port. Is there anything I need to do to enable it? I get +5v voltage feed from the lower port and 3.3v and around 19 degree C. I have upgraded with the newest firmware. I appreciate your help.

Back