Speedict Ebike - Anybody seen/tried this?

Lyen said:
I have connected the temperature sensor to the lower port but unable to get readout. The sensor is confirmed functional on the upper port. Is there anything I need to do to enable it? I get +5v voltage feed from the lower port and 3.3v and around 19 degree C. I have upgraded with the newest firmware. I appreciate your help.

if you upgraded the lastest firmware 2.2 the reserved temperature port will changed for ebrake, therefore if you want to enable the secondary temperature port you need to downgrade it back to 2.0

we will release firmware 2.3 this month after our beta users confirm all functionality ... with this firmware upgraded, existing ebike users can use ebike to override both twist throttle, pas + current throttle, speed throttle, 6km start-aid button etc features, you can wait for it because you are able to enable / disable / port assignment via android client.

Firmware 2.3 feature will be released soon, with throttle cable (option) for below additional features :

Features :
1. Current Throttle
2. Speed Throttle
3. Cadence Matching
4. Governor
5. Motor Start Power
6. Throttle Range Setup

Redefine throttle low and high point

[youtube]hRQPLG2aWJI[/youtube]

6KM Start-aid button

[youtube]dJ9vlVqKR_w[/youtube]

Abyone know if you can mate the live view display GPS speed? It seems to just show sensor speed. It is logging gos speed cos it's in the trip record, just wondered if you can get it on live view without having to enter map view.

If not, any chance the option could be added to thw next update guys?

Cheers
Alex

Xanda2260 said:
Abyone know if you can mate the live view display GPS speed? It seems to just show sensor speed. It is logging gos speed cos it's in the trip record, just wondered if you can get it on live view without having to enter map view.

If not, any chance the option could be added to thw next update guys?

Cheers
Alex

tough question, may display GPS speed on live view but not for logging as GPS speed can not be guaranteed ....

Hi there!

I'm interested in your product. I was at first interested in the Cycle Analyst, but being an avid Android fan, I thought the speedict would be awesome.

I purchased a rear Geared Kit from e-bikekit.com that does not include a PAS system. I would like to add one by using your device is that possible? My idea would be to get the Speedict and hook up the following ports:

1) Speed sensor (included with kit)
2) Temp sensor (included with kit)
3) Throttle control cable (add-on available with kit) ??
4) PAS sensor [need to get one] ??

Are my assumptions correct with 3rd and 4th lines? I just need to choose the optional throttle auxiliary cable and supply my own PAS sensor?

Anyone know the best place to get one?

Thanks in advance!

Xanda2260 said:
speedict said:
tough question, may display GPS speed on live view but not for logging as GPS speed can not be guaranteed ....

Interesting. The trip record lists gps data, but it won't show in live view. Any idea how to make it work?
Cheers

do you want live view and log gps speed ?

cal3thousand said:
Hi there!

I'm interested in your product. I was at first interested in the Cycle Analyst, but being an avid Android fan, I thought the speedict would be awesome.

I purchased a rear Geared Kit from e-bikekit.com that does not include a PAS system. I would like to add one by using your device is that possible? My idea would be to get the Speedict and hook up the following ports:

Are my assumptions correct with 3rd and 4th lines? I just need to choose the optional throttle auxiliary cable and supply my own PAS sensor?

Thanks in advance!

sorry for my late reply as i didn't receive any notice from es as i used to have ...

yes you need to purchase one PAS sensor and hook up to speedict ebike port, the speed, temperature sensors are included, and throttle control cable is available from our website.

should you have any queries, please hesitate to ask again.

cheers,

danny

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-03-31 at 10.20.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-03-31 at 10.20.39 AM.png
    119.2 KB · Views: 2,755
speedict said:
Xanda2260 said:
speedict said:

Interesting. The trip record lists gps data, but it won't show in live view. Any idea how to make it work?
Cheers

do you want live view and log gps speed ?

I was wondering if it is posdible to display gps speed in live view. The system seems to log it regardless ad gps wh/mile is always calculated.
Cheers

speedict said:
Xanda2260 said:
I was wondering if it is posdible to display gps speed in live view. The system seems to log it regardless ad gps wh/mile is always calculated.
Cheers

we will have multi-data screen next week, after this we may allow GPS speed also be displayed, so please wait.

Awesome! Thanks guys.

In the meantime...amazing product!

speedict said:
cal3thousand said:
Hi there!

Thanks in advance!

sorry for my late reply as i didn't receive any notice from es as i used to have ...

yes you need to purchase one PAS sensor and hook up to speedict ebike port, the speed, temperature sensors are included, and throttle control cable is available from our website.

cheers,

danny

Thank you for your reply.

One more question for clarification. Will I still be able to use the manual throttle with this setup? I'm having a hard time understanding the connection between throttle and controller and Speedict.

I know that I have to buy your cables to connect, but what do they actually connect? Does the extra cable connect the throttle to the unit in a parallel circuit? or does it somehow go in-line?

thanks for addressing my confusion. I am very close to pulling the trigger on this purchase, but wanted to make sure I have everything correctly assumed.

cal3thousand said:
speedict said:
cal3thousand said:
Hi there!

Thanks in advance!

cheers,

danny

Thank you for your reply.

One more question for clarification. Will I still be able to use the manual throttle with this setup? I'm having a hard time understanding the connection between throttle and controller and Speedict.

I know that I have to buy your cables to connect, but what do they actually connect? Does the extra cable connect the throttle to the unit in a parallel circuit? or does it somehow go in-line?

thanks for addressing my confusion. I am very close to pulling the trigger on this purchase, but wanted to make sure I have everything correctly assumed.

yes you still have throttle control, all you need to do is put speedict ebike in between your twist throttle and speed controller e.g. twist throttle -> speedict ebike -> speed controller, this configuration with throttle cable allow speedict ebike take control of your throttle signal !

enclosed herewith the android client 2.3 user guide (page 45) shown one of the Function Mode - Road Legal 2 Mode, your twist throttle and pas sensor are connect to speedict ebike instead of connect to speed controller !

should you have any queries, please don't hesitate to contact me again.

danny

Hey Danny, I've got a weird issue going on. Just went for a ride, got back and checked my wh/mile. It was 43 wh/mile in live view. I then synchronised with my phone and had a look at the trip record. The wh used is correct (145wh), the distance is correct (3 and a bit miles) but the wh/mile says 16! I know it was displayed correctly in live view, but is wrong in the record? Any ideas?
Thanks

Sent using the might of the Android Army!

Xanda2260 said:
Hey Danny, I've got a weird issue going on. Just went for a ride, got back and checked my wh/mile. It was 43 wh/more in live view. I then synchronised with my phone and had a look at the trip record. The wh used us correct (145wh), the distance is correct (3 and a bit miles) but the wh/mile says 16! I know it was displayed correctly in live view, bit is wrong in the record? Any ideas?
Thanks

Sent using the might of the Android Army!

will get back to u tomorrow

Xanda2260 said:
speedict said:
Xanda2260 said:
Cheers

we will have multi-data screen next week, after this we may allow GPS speed also be displayed, so please wait.

Awesome! Thanks guys.

In the meantime...amazing product!

herewith the multi-data layout client

1. On you android device, press the Android Main menu button -> press the "Options" menu item -> press the "Screen Layout" menu item
2. Select number of row you want to display e.g. 4, and press the "Next button"
3. On the Preview screen, you should see 4 row and 2 column data field
4. Press and hold for 1 second on the data field to select data type you want to display e.g. GPS Speed
5. Continue for the rest 7 data fields
6. Press the "Save" button to save your settings

now go back to the main menu and select "Live View" you will see the new Multi-Data screen.

danny

Attachments

• Speedict-Android-Client-2.3.1-2012-04-03.apk.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 57
Danny, Just a thought about the pedal sensor: On my present controller the power it gives is dependent on pedalling speed. It's almost impossible to go at constant speed. When I pedal fast, it gives so much power that I can't pedal fast enough, so I change to a higher gear to pedal slower and then the power is reduced and I slow down. What I'd prefer would be to be able to set the amount of power constant (but adjustable from software) from the pedal sensor, which can be over-ridden by throttle input.

Thanks for the multi-parameter display. That's what I've been waiting for. I like this product so much I just ordered another one for my other bike.

d8veh said:
Danny, Just a thought about the pedal sensor: On my present controller the power it gives is dependent on pedalling speed. It's almost impossible to go at constant speed. When I pedal fast, it gives so much power that I can't pedal fast enough, so I change to a higher gear to pedal slower and then the power is reduced and I slow down. What I'd prefer would be to be able to set the amount of power constant (but adjustable from software) from the pedal sensor, which can be over-ridden by throttle input.

Thanks for the multi-parameter display. That's what I've been waiting for. I like this product so much I just ordered another one for my other bike.

my question is, do you also need twist throttle input ? if you use PAS only, may be "PAS to Throttle" mode can help ..

by enable "cadence matching" + "throttle range setup" e.g. you can instruct speedict ebike to start power when your cadence > 10 rpm and set appropriate motor start power, i think it may help !!!

by the way we have plan to design customize power band e.g. you can design your power band by drawing the curve on your android device :)

danny

Attachments

• Screen shot 2012-04-04 at 6.11.01 PM.png
    Screen shot 2012-04-04 at 6.11.01 PM.png
    73.1 KB · Views: 2,758
speedict said:
my question is, do you also need twist throttle input ? if you use PAS only, may be "PAS to Throttle" mode can help ..

by enable "cadence matching" + "throttle range setup" e.g. you can instruct speedict ebike to start power when your cadence > 10 rpm and set appropriate motor start power, i think it may help !!!

by the way we have plan to design customize power band e.g. you can design your power band by drawing the curve on your android device :)
danny

I presently use a potentiometer as a cruise control instead of a throttle. It's activated by a switch and I turn the knob to make adjustments to my cruising speed. What I would like is that it's activated by pedalling and stops when I stop pedalling. If the throttle only gave a signal when pedalling, this would be the same as what I want because I can substitute my potentiometer for the throttle. In some European countries it's not allowed to have a throttle that can work when not pedalling.

Back