TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

mbrusa said:
Isn't it that in the display menu, you have the number of magnets set to 10 instead of 1?

Can't say. Now I've broken 2 pins in the connector :x :( . These things are quite good to keep water away, but really not made for playing with...

Will keep the VLCD6. Or maybe will give a new chance to SW102 with version 4...

And I have to order a couple of these silly connectors in advance :roll:

Can anyone confirm whether the Human Power can be displayed on the KT-LCD3 ?
Mine doesn't seem to be working

mbrusa said:
I confirm, in version v20.1C.3, the display of human power does not work. It has been fixed with v20.1C.4, but for KT-LCD3 there is no.
I have a friend who asked for it, maybe I'll do it.
Thanks much appreciated

I have got problem with my display, the bike have worked fine for 2-3 month now...

See attacthed photo, what can cause these ? what can I do?

I have a spare display, is it a way I can backup the old display and download the backup to the new display?

Attachments

• 01.JPG
    01.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,402
  • 02.JPG
    02.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,402
So my bike was stolen a while ago, and I miraculously got it back !

The motor, however, wasn't working anymore : I use SW102 display with mbrusa's firmware, and it gets stuck on the booting screen ("wait TSDZ2").
I thought the controller was broken, so I got a new one : same thing.
Then I tought the SW102 was damaged, so I got a new one too : same thing again.
Then I took a VLCD5 display, rewired it with a plug identical to the SW102 (so I could use the 5 pins plug I wired on the controller side for the SW102 and easily switch displays), flashed 20.1C2 and... it works perfectly !

Each time, I flashed the correct firmware on the controller depending on which display was used, and the SW102 was flashed with the corresponding motor firmware too. I tried 20.1C2 to C4.

So what could be wrong when using the SW102 ? Both displays use the same connections (P+, GND, Vin, TX and RX) so I guess the connector is intact. And yet, the SW102 doesn't work while the VLCD5 does. It's a mystery to me. Any idea ?

Yanis said:
Each time, I flashed the correct firmware on the controller depending on which display was used, and the SW102 was flashed with the corresponding motor firmware too. I tried 20.1C2 to C4.

So what could be wrong when using the SW102 ? Both displays use the same connections (P+, GND, Vin, TX and RX) so I guess the connector is intact. And yet, the SW102 doesn't work while the VLCD5 does. It's a mystery to me. Any idea ?
I have not yet had confirmation that v20.1C.4 works correctly with SW102.
Unfortunately I don't have a SW102 to test.
Up until version C.3 there were only blocking issues in the configuration menu, but the rest worked fine.
If you've also tried C.3, it shouldn't be a firmware issue.
The only thing I can suggest, is to check the voltage between Vin and GND when the display is on.
If there is no voltage it may be the cause of "Wait TSDZ2".

gordone said:
I have got problem with my display, the bike have worked fine for 2-3 month now...

See attacthed photo, what can cause these ? what can I do?

I have a spare display, is it a way I can backup the old display and download the backup to the new display?
Unfortunately it is not possible to retrieve the settings from the display.
This can only be done manually, if the data is still readable.
As a precaution, I also have a spare 860C, but already flashed and configured.
Did that display take any hits?

Thank you for feedback!

I understand, no hit that i know about…

I had a spare display so up and running again.

How good is the quality on the display? Is these rear? Or should I get a new spare display?

mbrusa said:
Yanis said:
The only thing I can suggest, is to check the voltage between Vin and GND when the display is on.
If there is no voltage it may be the cause of "Wait TSDZ2".

Thank you for your reply mbrusa. I did check the voltage between Vin and GND : there is indeed the battery voltage when the SW102 is on (using 20.1.C3 firmware)
This was to be expected since the VLCD5 also needs it, and this display works properly.

Is there anything else that could cause the "Wait TSDZ2" freeze ?
I tried unplugging the ebrakes and the speed sensor, it didn't help.

This is so weird : the connexions look fine, the SW102 and the controller are brand new, and I flashed both of them several times just to make sure !

mbrusa said:
On the quality, I have not had any problems, but there have been reports of 860C displays that suddenly stopped working.
Personally I chose to have a spare display because, being large and in an exposed position, a fall is enough to break.

Thank you, looks like it has some a new 860c display with a new connector and the price has gone up on the old one?
Need to look into having a spare...

Yanis said:
Thank you for your reply mbrusa. I did check the voltage between Vin and GND : there is indeed the battery voltage when the SW102 is on (using 20.1.C3 firmware)
This was to be expected since the VLCD5 also needs it, and this display works properly.

Is there anything else that could cause the "Wait TSDZ2" freeze ?
I tried unplugging the ebrakes and the speed sensor, it didn't help.

This is so weird : the connexions look fine, the SW102 and the controller are brand new, and I flashed both of them several times just to make sure !
The causes of "Wait TSDZ2" are:
Lack of tension on Vin.
Brake sensor input closed.
No communication between display and controller (tx and rx reversed or interrupted).

Is the wiring of the two displays VLCD5 and SW102 the same?
Or do you use different extension cables?

mbrusa said:
The causes of "Wait TSDZ2" are:
Lack of tension on Vin.
Brake sensor input closed.
No communication between display and controller (tx and rx reversed or interrupted).

Is the wiring of the two displays VLCD5 and SW102 the same?
Or do you use different extension cables?

Yes, the wiring of both displays is the same : I changed the VLCD5 plug so I can swap displays, so I use the same extension cable for both (I wired the brake sensor to a separate connector).
I checked again all the connexions of the extension cable : they are good.
I just reflashed the motor and plugged the VLCD5 on that same extension cable : it works fine.

There must be something I'm doing wrong, but since the VLCD5 works, I have no clue.
I'm used to open and flash the SW102, and I had it working on that extension cable (before the bike was stolen) with no problem. I tried two flashed SW102 displays, with the same negative result.

I'll probably give up and buy a VLCD6 or a XH18 since I like small displays, but I would have loved to understand this problem !
I imagine that if one of the causes you listed for the "Wait TSDZ2" was happening, then the VLCD5 wouldn't work either, and yet it does.. Then there could be a controller or display flashing problem, but I'm really used to doing this and I've triple (or more) checked everything this time..

Anyway thanks for your help !

mbrusa said:
Model 860C is hard to find, it has been replaced by P860C which works the same.
You have to choose the uart type which has the same connector, the one which has a different connector is for canbus and not good.

Ahhh… so you are using the same firmware on P860C ?

Yanis said:
Yes, the wiring of both displays is the same : I changed the VLCD5 plug so I can swap displays, so I use the same extension cable for both (I wired the brake sensor to a separate connector).
I checked again all the connexions of the extension cable : they are good.
I just reflashed the motor and plugged the VLCD5 on that same extension cable : it works fine.

It sounds like you still have a scenario where you have tx,rx reversed. Ie by replacing the VLCD5 plug you have wired it correctly to work with the rest of the wiring and it remains reversed for the other two screens?

mctubster said:
It sounds like you still have a scenario where you have tx,rx reversed. Ie by replacing the VLCD5 plug you have wired it correctly to work with the rest of the wiring and it remains reversed for the other two screens?

Indeed, I thought about this as well last night, so I inverted RX and TX. Same result..

Since my home made extension cable looks like a likely culprit here, I even tried to bypass it by plugging wires directly into the 8 pin connector coming out of the controller, to the SW102. It didn't help.

Yanis said:
mctubster said:

Indeed, I thought about this as well last night, so I inverted RX and TX. Same result..

Since my home made extension cable looks like a likely culprit here, I even tried to bypass it by plugging wires directly into the 8 pin connector coming out of the controller, to the SW102. It didn't help.

Shot in dark, but I had the exact same issue with my sw102 after a abrupt restart. I found someone mentioned in a post that maybe I had currupted my options byte. Sure enough with a lot of struggling, I downloaded the original firmware option bytes file (eco ecycles has a google drive link with the files) and flashed it in ST visual programer and it totally fixed it. Maybe give that a try?

For the thread, later this week I'll give flashing v4 a go and see how it works with the sw102 and report back.

Hello guys,

I have similar problem. Recently I built bike with tsdz2 and flashed it with 0.20.1C-4. I have 860C display. It worked without problem until I first time charged battery.

The sequence of deeds:
1. Built bike and flashed with 020.1C-4 - it worked fine couple of rides, maybe 60km
2. I installed temperature sensor, I rode once ~20 km
3. I disconnected battery and fully charged (58,8V)
4. I connected battery - it didn't started again, it hanged on "Error brakes or comms"
5. I connected stlink and reflashed. After this it started normally.
6. I went to ride. I rode 10km and punctured a tire, there was a bike store nearby. I left bike there for half an hour and when I took it back again there was the same problem (I don't know if they disconnected the battery). I rode home without assist.
7. I connected stlink and just read software. After disconnecting. I turned it on and it worked.
8. I tried reproduce the problem. I disconected and connected battery and after this probblem occured.
9. I disconnected battery, connected stlink connected to computer usb, disconnected stlink, connected battery - it works
10. I tried reproduce the problem again - I discovered battery must be disconnected a few minutes to discharge capacitors
11. I disconnected battery, conncted the stlink connected to powerbank, disconnected stlink, connected battery again - it works
12. I tried also connecting stlink without disconnecting battery - it also works to solve the problem

This way I found a workaround for the problem. I just need a powerbank and stlink :)
mbrusa - do you have some idea what can be the root cause?

Another problem I discovered - on eMTB mode the walk assist is very slow (doesn't matter what level i choose). In hybrid mode it works as expected.

I'm confused.
St-link you connect it to the motor controller and without doing anything else then the display works?

"Error brakes or comms"
It is a communication problem between the motor controller and the display, it may depend on the wiring or the brake sensors closed when the display switching on.
Maybe even from the voltage too high when switching on?
Does this only happen when the battery is fully charged?

For the Walk assist there is no dependence on the driving mode, I will check anyway.

Today after one night the same problem. I not disconnected battery since last turning off.

To fix it I needed disconnect battery and connect stlink with powerbank. After reconnecting battery, it started normally.

Maybe I damaged something during soldering the temperature sensor. I checked my extension cable and there is connection.

It looks like I wake up motor by connecting stlink and after this the display can connect. Which wires uses the display to turn on the motor?

now battery has 57V

I'll check older software

Edit:
I flashed display and motor with "Open source firmware TSDZ2-v20.1C.3-860C-NEW". After this I couldn't reproduce the problem. Later I flashed it again with v20.1C.4-860C and it still works (problem doesn't occur).

I'll charge battery to 58,8V and tomorrow I'll do 70 km test ride:)

Back