Tucson Death Race 2011 roll call. Results on page 1

Thud said:
AJ, I will send you all the raw footage for a profesional edit & blending....my only request is no ACDC (over done IMO LOL) ZZtop would be fine.

Between this and the flaming cock motor video, my face hurts! You guys are awesome!

About the video music, how about some Animals as Leaders or Mastodon?

And Luke, your videos are always so entertaining! I really liked the development idea of tuning the wheel to an elliptical shape to not only measure power on the dyno, but also simulate coming down a washed out gravel road at the same time. It definitely showed you where the windings were loose on the cock motor! It's a blessing in disguise. With the same wind, and same wire, but fixed in place properly, that thing's a beast! Somehow I missed the lightening hole thing until the end of the video when the flames were shooting out. Awesome!

liveforphysics said:
I'm putting together the new motor in the back of a van as I type this on my phone. Lol
Hey, how do I reach you when me and Evoforce get there, so we can check in, or do we deal with that after we get done with the race?

amberwolf said:
liveforphysics said:
I'm putting together the new motor in the back of a van as I type this on my phone. Lol
Hey, how do I reach you when me and Evoforce get there, so we can check in, or do we deal with that after we get done with the race?

We are going to be getting to the hotel around 5am or so.
I'm buying a room for you guys. :)

John in CR said:
Luke,

The flaming dicks are an instant classic, but you needed to do that a week ago so I could send you a motor with some real balls in time for the race.

Your motors are as snorty as two of these things, no doubt.

I am gonna have to step up the frock-game a bit.

mdd0127 said:
Thud said:
AJ, I will send you all the raw footage for a profesional edit & blending....my only request is no ACDC (over done IMO LOL) ZZtop would be fine.

Between this and the flaming cock motor video, my face hurts! You guys are awesome!

About the video music, how about some Animals as Leaders or Mastodon?

And Luke, your videos are always so entertaining! I really liked the development idea of tuning the wheel to an elliptical shape to not only measure power on the dyno, but also simulate coming down a washed out gravel road at the same time. It definitely showed you where the windings were loose on the cock motor! It's a blessing in disguise. With the same wind, and same wire, but fixed in place properly, that thing's a beast! Somehow I missed the lightening hole thing until the end of the video when the flames were shooting out. Awesome!

Yes... that 4mm of hop in the wheel didn't seem like it would be a big deal... until we put it on the dyno at 67mph, where it shook like a jack-hammer on crack. Lol

Say hi to thud and tell him I will meet him next time!

I'm in Tucson.

Checking in at the hojo.

Tired.

frock safe just win!!!

Thanks guys. :) I saw what must be dogmans car parked here at the HoJo.

White subaru with balloon stickers all around it and a bike rack.

I'm in #239.

I had to re-configure my 4kw charging setup to a rather wimpy 1300w. Chargers are loud. Don't know if the pack is balanced, and I'm pumping it up to 4.35v. So, if there is a fire alarm, head to rm 239 with some water. :)

I'm sleeping till noon.

Got the motor with a tube and tire in the van. Gotta install it and wire it up still for the Kelly.

Then its rock and roll time. :)

liveforphysics said:
Thanks guys. :) I saw what must be dogmans car parked here at the HoJo.

White subaru with balloon stickers all around it and a bike rack.

I'm in #239.

I had to re-configure my 4kw charging setup to a rather wimpy 1300w. Chargers are loud. Don't know if the pack is balanced, and I'm pumping it up to 4.35v. So, if there is a fire alarm, head to rm 239 with some water. :)

I'm sleeping till noon.

Got the motor with a tube and tire in the van. Gotta install it and wire it up still for the Kelly.

Then its rock and roll time. :)
Awesome. Nothign like waiting till the last minute!

Good succes guys!

Win or loose... but Have fun ! and make the E-S community proud of you! :wink: 8)

Doc

GCinDC said:
this is awesome! love to see photos of everyone's setups (at hojos, lol!) and group shot before kickoff!

can't decide who i want to win! haha

Have enough time on hand 'might be able to find these guys via: http://www.tucsonwebcam.com/

The controlable cams are particularly awesome - at least see it's 'nice day for racing!

Looked and searched but no webcams around Honda Motorsports track. At least that I can find...

Good Speed to all entries representing ES - no injuries please!

Everything is going as well as can be expected, which means we're way way behind in getting going. Evoforce is on his way to my place with the trailer and his stuff now, shoudl be here any minute, then we'll be on our way to the race. No idea how late we'll be, but hoepfully the race won't be for a while after the track opens to us, cuz we don't wanna miss it!

Now we're getting some tidbits! Any photos available?

PaulD said:
So far I am the only electric here, plenty of ebike rumors going around, something about a crazy fast ebike on the track last night, and some ES members rebuilding a bike in the hotel parking lot..

Possibly ThuD he messaged me yesterday telling me he was heading out to the track to
hire qa kart or a bike to practise on, he may have been allowed to use his race bike possibly?

Good Luck All...7.26am in West OZ would mean you guys
should be racing about now with ~12hour time difference? GO GO GO Team ThuD :lol:

KiM

Back