Tucson Death Race 2011 roll call. Results on page 1

Awesome, good luck guys.
Does the place happen to have internet access ? Even if not, surely one of you tech heads could sort out a webcam :)
I downloaded a program a while ago that turned your phone into a webcam over a wifi network. It was pretty cool as you could just sit your phone down somewhere and watch the video stream from your computer (like the police type shows on tv would have you believe they can do remotely to anyones phone)

Someone set that shit up :p

PaulD said:
Thud is super fast on his dual motor two speed, can't hang with him! First heat starting in 10 min

WoooHooo Go ThuD :: crossess fingers the HV160's hang in there:: :lol:

Has Luke managed to get his bike together and running?

Keep up the updates PLEASE PaulD

KiM

Yeah my money is on thud for 1st place in the ebikes, if not outright. I'm sure Luke will push the X5 to the max but if thuds bike goes anything rodgahs twin astro did (infact it should be better with the gearbox) it's going to rob the other contestents of their souls :mrgreen:

Ypedal said:
lol.. i am very.. VERY curious to know the X5 vs dual RC motors fairs on the track..

My extremely vented x5 smoked like a bitch.
Waste of time motor. 116v 250amps on a x5303 is a snooze-fest, then it smokes.

Thuds bike is strong, but only 1 hv160 worked on take off, and we cooked that motor, yet he lead the race on a single motor.

We are swapping it out in the pits right now.

Dogman crashed on front of me and got driven over by a gasser.

Back to work! Gotta get thud back together!

liveforphysics said:
Ypedal said:
lol.. i am very.. VERY curious to know the X5 vs dual RC motors fairs on the track..

Thuds bike is strong, but only 1 hv160 worked on take off, and we cooked that motor, yet he lead the race on a single motor.

Bad luck Luke :-( I hope DogMaN is ok .... GO ThudSTeR you can do it on one :wink:
How are the other e-bikes fairing Luke? How many e-bikes made it?

Keep updating Luke i been sitting at the PC for 4 hours hitting the refresh button for
more news hahaa...

KiM

p.s Luke... see what happens when you turn from the Dark Side :p

Man this is like 1929... listening with your ear to the radio... hitting refresh... to "hear" what is happening on the other side of the country!! Go get em' gents!

PS: Been out of town all day, and just got home. First thing the wifey said when we walked in the door, was: "Go see who won the Death Race!" :wink: Gotta love the wifey!

bigmoose said:
Man this is like 1929... listening with your ear to the radio... hitting refresh... to "hear" what is happening on the other side of the country!! Go get em' gents!

PS: Been out of town all day, and just got home. First thing the wifey said when we walked in the door, was: "Go see who won the Death Race!" :wink: Gotta love the wifey!
... or the other side of the world

Dogman is trying to true his wheel up enough to turn. He is not hurt.

Amberwolf just got here. I gave him my safety gear.

Got the tranny back together. He is gonna run on the remaining motor on Thuds bike and give it hell.

PaulD has a sick bike here. Might win.

Etard blew his spokes and chain and DNF.

3 gassers here are sick fast.

Kim- I'm mailing you pics to post up.

Hey Guys Please confirm me that you did not just push throttle WOT from the start.. and instead goes safer first..

I mean... I just hope you sis not blow the motors directly at the start line! :shock:

Please for those who blew motor.. give us an idea of how and WHEN it happened compared to the race time and lengh!

Let us know that you at least showed these motor to not blow in the 5 first second of the race!

BTW Thanks for any details!!!

I am one of those who asked my hamster to push automatically to the refresh button for me since the last 3 hours! :lol:

waiting for any details from you guys is making us feeling like what it was when the first walk on the moon happened in the 60'

Doc

liveforphysics said:
Thuds bike is strong, but only 1 hv160 worked on take off, and we cooked that motor, yet he lead the race on a single motor
Bummer, did it ever work with 2 motors it did one pop straight off the line ?
Shame he killed one but awesome that he's still kicking ass with only 1 motor 8)
So he was beating the fastest gassers too ?
Same your X5 blew quickly although I guess you knew upfront it wasnt a good wind to try and race with that voltage.

Good to hear dogman is ok after getting run over!

liveforphysics said:
Got the tranny back together. He is gonna run on the remaining motor on Thuds bike and give it hell.
Why isn't thud riding his own bike ?

PaulD has a sick bike here. Might win.
He has a smaller single turnigy doesn't he ?

Etard blew his spokes and chain and DNF.

Jesus, what a shabby bunch of spokesmen for the electric revoltion you guys are :lol:

I guess it's as they say though, that's racing

How hot is it there ? I guess that's taking its toll on the gear ?

No pics through yet push 'send' Luke LoL ...

Either Luke worded that wrong Jay or ThuD
is handiong it over to AW because he is lightweight
ThuD's 'BeeFCaKe' like me LoL power to weight ratio
would be killer with him on ThuD's bike haha

Go TeaM ThuD :mrgreen:

KiM

next time maybe setup a deathrace or ES twitter account - could help keep updates a little more streamline?

not that I'm complaining because it's awesome to hear whatever we can about the "event" and the hard fought battles on the track and in the pit. thanks for taking a moment to share what you can...

not that I'm complaining because it's awesome to hear whatever we can about the "event" and the hard fought battles on the track and in the pit. thanks for taking a moment to share what you can...

Man, I would be there all night doing bitch jobs like getting drinks or changing tires if I could! keeping all those bikes going sounds like more fun than the actual races!

If my wife follows through on her threats to leave me for spending too much time playing with my bikes I'll fly over for next years race, flights to the US are only $1000 these days :lol:

PaulD won it!

Thuds controller exploded in the parade lap to the starting line.

Amber wrecked and is hurt.

I borrowed a lead acid front tiny frock bike and finished 2nd to last, peddling madly the whole way.

I thought Luke was supposed to bring 5 camera at this event :?:

Luke.. please feed us few fps at least!! :lol:

Doc

I thought Luke was supposed to bring 5 camera at this event :?:

Between toasting his motor, getting there yesterday at 5am, and all the other technical problems I imagine cameras were the last thing on his mind.

Amber wrecked and is hurt.

:shock: :(

liveforphysics said:
Ypedal said:

Damn... I knew this year's race was going to be interesting. Can't wait to hear all the stories and see the pics. Go E-S Go!

Gary

Back