Tucson Death Race 2011 roll call. Results on page 1

Tiberius said:
Hi Guys,

Good to see there's an ES crowd going. Best of luck, and be safe.

Nick

Thank you Nick. You're the man!

You would have loved being at tonights ebike dyno session.

Good luck to you all that are going and participating, would love to see an E-bike take first place :) Cait wait for the videos to be released. Ride safe (but fast) :)

Dropped damn last 36v lifepo4 charger today? WTF?! Hope one of you ES members might help me out? Dogman probably has another one I hope....? I need help configuring my hyperion charger to charge my 12s life pack?
:? :? :? :?

So are we going to get to see a profile with pics etc of all the competitors before the race or is it all top secret ? :)
Or more likely many things are still in pieces :lol:

liveforphysics said:
I picked up 5 x go-pro cams for the race. 2 of them are HD go-pros
Awesome! A helmet cam, forward facing and rear facing cam should have you covered then give the other 2 to someone else.
I've played around with heaps of mounts that give good looking footage but for something like this you probably want to keep it simple to capture as much of the action going on around you - middle of the handlebars facing forward and high up on the seat post facing back.

Man, I wish I could come over for the race - it's going to be epic!

liveforphysics said:
I need to find a long-term source for the prednisone, I feel delightfully froggy, even while sick on these pills. :)
I know you're probably kidding but it's actually bad shit to be on long term, among other things it supresses your immune system. And as your doctors have probably told you you can't just stop taking it, you have to ween yourself back off it or it can stuff your kidneys. It'll also make you fat, give you diabetes and send you blind (causes cataracts and glaucoma). Not to mention it reduces your "mojo". It also makes some people go a bit mad, but I'm now sure how we'd be able to identify that in your case :lol: It's sort of like a shot of adreneline into the heart (pulp fiction style!) - a quick burst kill kick start your body and often saves people when they're on deaths door but your body can't handle long exposure to it.
Sorry for going OT but I deal with it alot at work and know what high doses for more than a week or 2 will do to you. There's much better prescription drugs to abuse out there :p

Alright gentleman I will see you tomorrow, weather looks great, Thud made it to Tucson safely and so did his bike, his bike is freaking sweet if I may say so.

I was trying to score some generators but I think thats not going to happen. Mine is dead and I cant find anyone willing to lend me there generator. I think they are afraid I will pull the motor off and mount it to a bicycle lol.

Hope everyone has a safe trip to and from Tucson and a big Thanks and appreciation for those making the effort to make Death Race 2011, I know its not easy in this bad economy.

Hope we all have a good time, wish everyone the best of luck and most important lets all be safe, winning is fun but not at the cost of someones health.

See you at Death Race 2011

Good luck to all competitors! :mrgreen:

I would love to be at this event!!! with my Giant or mongoose!.. so many km from me...

I see there is alot of people with cam that will be filming everything!... Heyna the days after, will you make us a movie with that!?

It woud be nice if someone could bring a laptop and copy all files from all camera to make something big!! :wink:

Dont forget to bring some good powerfull power supply to charge battery faster!!

Some spare motor for those who have bad luck!.. I guess we will see some OVER powered things!!! :twisted:

Doc

I just wanted to get a look of what it look like on 4th avenue

I toke this pic from google street view

I remarked that there is a tramway rail!!! you'll need to avoid it with the bicycle tires! :shock:

Doc

Attachments

• Tucson AZ 4th ave and 7th street GOOGLE STREET VIEW.JPG
    Tucson AZ 4th ave and 7th street GOOGLE STREET VIEW.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 2,374
Thud reporting in from a public library in Beuatiful Tuscon.
(internet down at HoJO's)
Had a decent flight to Chi town where I boarded a FULL flight to Tuscon complete with (2) crying babies...it all worked out fine (god bless ibuprofen) Met Dave31 at the bike shop & assembled up all my goodies.
I must be getting old cause this is the 1st time Ive experianced Jet Lag...Woke up at 4 am ready to go.
for a Michaigan boy, Tuscon is a culture shock LOL. No grass any where the only trees over 20' tall are palms. Tons of suarto catice every where & i have yet to find any dirt....its all crushed gravel & rocks....local motocrossers must shread tires like banana peels around here. LOL

I have to pick up team-thuds official pit boss & time keeper at the airport at 4:00 tonight. I have a helmet cam & 2 bike cams ready to catch all the action I can suround myself in. (as allways Low expectations are in order for any of my video)

AJ, I will send you all the raw footage for a profesional edit & blending....my only request is no ACDC (over done IMO LOL) ZZtop would be fine.
I am going to drive around & explore some sights of the southwest.

Oh yea i almost forgot..Alex (bluefox) just took delivery of his 10hp Morrini Boxer yesterday.....thoses guys liked my bike....but they know that it only goes slower as the laps count down...
Its going to be a blast!
give me a ring shereites when you hit town & we'll hook up for some fun!
Thud-Out.

Watch the end of this video of my ebike dyno'ing
[youtube]e03rMDmJzLE[/youtube]

Luke, I hope that didn't put you out of the race. Amazing video, that motor was really humming. Good luck everyone!

Luke,

The flaming dicks are an instant classic, but you needed to do that a week ago so I could send you a motor with some real balls in time for the race.

nicobie said:
Hahahahaa...

He is still in SF at noon on friday.

By the time he gets to my house and transfers everything to my van, It will be 5 AM before we get to Hojos in Tucson Sat AM. :?

methods did mention that he tends to give it his all...... :mrgreen:

I'm 30mins away from your place Nick. :)

I'm going to have to build and install this new motor in the back of the van as you drive.

Wow, that motor failure sucks. :(

Spectacular, though. ;) At least it went out in style! Maybe you could just soak it in some InsulVolt and see if it works afterward. :lol:

I'm not gonna have the new bike done enough to safely ride it, much less race it, so I'm just going to fix up CrazyBIke2 instead, and race that. :) DeathTrap for the DeathRace. :p

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=390342#p390342

liveforphysics said:
I'm going to have to build and install this new motor in the back of the van as you drive.

Ah.. Old great time.. That remember me 10 years ago when i was addicted in car audio SPL... nearly each time we were going to a car audio competition and have to travel few hundreds of km.. we was installing woofers, modifying multi kW amplifiers back of the car while our friend was driving to our destination...mmmmm 8)

Doc

Luke, if anyone can, your the guy to rewind that Frocke bigger, faster, fatter... That plasma fire determined where the laminations shouldn't be... fill that bad boy with more copper!
... to all, have a great day in the sun, and may you all podium. :mrgreen:

bigmoose said:
Luke, if anyone can, your the guy to rewind that Frocke bigger, faster, fatter... That plasma fire determined where the laminations shouldn't be... fill that bad boy with more copper!
... to all, have a great day in the sun, and may you all podium. :mrgreen:

Thank you my friend. :)

That was the custom wound copper packed motor with 220degC wire though!

I simply need bigger motors. Or go back to RC motors.

Doctorbass said:
I see there is alot of people with cam that will be filming everything!... Heyna the days after, will you make us a movie with that!?
Yeah if everyone wants to send me footage I can edit up something nice :)
It might need some very rough editing to start with though otherwise you're gonna have to find a way to send me 100gb of HD video :lol:

If those gassers start showing up with 10hp engines you KNOW next year the ES ambassadors will rock up with something totally rediculous. 4 outrunners anyone ? :p

Good luck to everyone competing! :mrgreen:
Well, all the E-bikes anyway :p

Hyena said:
Doctorbass said:
Yeah if everyone wants to send me footage I can edit up something nice :)
It might need some very rough editing to start with though otherwise you're gonna have to find a way to send me 100gb of HD video :lol:

If those gassers start showing up with 10hp engines you KNOW next year the ES ambassadors will rock up with something totally rediculous. 4 outrunners anyone ? :p

Good luck to everyone competing! :mrgreen:
Well, all the E-bikes anyway :p

I'm putting together the new motor in the back of a van as I type this on my phone. Lol

NorCalTuna- Better say a prayer for that x5303 motor you loaned me.... this big Kelly and my 116v pack takes no prisoners.

Back