Turnigy watt meter for $25

And another, $28.99 delivered from Hong Kong.

Search Ebay for number 120491422155.

These meters have nearly identical performance, and probably have the same chip inside, is my guess.

Hyena said:
Just noticed this post about a similar product

http://www.endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14077&p=210722#p210722

$27 USD delivered from ebay, making it the cheapest watt meter available at this time. As an added bonus this one also has a balancer built in too

And it's great if you only have 6 cells. ;)

bra said:
I have 48V 12 amp lead acid batteries its Works with Turnigy Watt Meter
Tanks.

It doesn't matter what chemistry you use with the meter. Yes, it will work with your 48V 12 AH lead acid battery.

Ambrose

Just got a ship confirmation today on a Turnigy from hobbyking.
I was surprised because when I ordered it a couple days ago the stock was -67.

Site currently says their stock is +148.

StudEbiker said:
Of course it also said it could take up to 45 days to get to me....oh I hope not.

I've ordered a few things through DealExtreme.com out of Hong Kong via same shipping method and it usually takes 10 working days. Hopefully this is similar.

Yeah I got a shipping notification on monday afternoon too, then another one tuesday morning for some reason...
Delivery usually takes 2 weeks or so.

shipping notification? you mean in your e-mail?

I ordered my Turnigy Watt Meter on Nov 9th. They were out of stock at the time, though. How much longer do you think before I get it? Will they send me something in my e-mail?

DarthSensate said:
Just got a ship confirmation today on a Turnigy from hobbyking.
I was surprised because when I ordered it a couple days ago the stock was -67.

Site currently says their stock is +148.

Darth, what day did you order yours? Did you get shipping notification in your e-mail? I'm starting to get worried.

EDIT: Ok, just logged in, mine says "Warehouse processing" . It says "paid". I guess it's just taking longer for me for some reason.

morph999 said:
Darth, what day did you order yours? Did you get shipping notification in your e-mail?

Ordered 11-14-09 right after completing registration and receiving "welcome" email followed by order confirmation email. You should check your registered email address with their user profile on their website just in case. I don't thing their site requires an authorization email response from a valid email address to create the account, so you may have typo-ed your email address.

yeah, I didn't even get a welcome e-mail. I got a receipt in my e-mail but it wasn't from Hobbycity, it was from some other company. I just figured they did the payment processing for it.

I checked with support and they say that everything is fine with my account. I guess they just don't consider me a valued customer or something. Did you order a bunch of other stuff? I only ordered the watt meter.

I picked the cheapest shipping option. Did you pick the more expensive one? That could be it. Support didn't seem to want to tell me why my order is still processing.

morph999 said:
I picked the cheapest shipping option. Did you pick the more expensive one? That could be it. Support didn't seem to want to tell me why my order is still processing.

Weird. I only ordered the one item. I chose the default shipping, which appeared to be the cheapest.

On the other hand, ToysRUs cant seem to find my Geoffrey Points account, or what ever they call it, by my phone number. They can by my name and then my phone number shows up. Database hell.

Gotta love modern technology! I pray I never have to deal with fixing a stolen identity issue. A friend of mine's dad is still recorded as deceased after some screw up in public records eight years ago.

morph999 said:

morph999, I ordered the meter on Sat. night with chaepest shipping and today when I checked the HK website my order shows shipped as of today. Good Luck

Btw, saw a simular meter on ebay for twice the price. It does have some basic operation instructions.http://cgi.ebay.com/High-Precision-...Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5633405050

Woo hoo! The pair of meters I ordered and that were shipped Monday just arrived. They would have been delivered yesterday but the zip code was wrong.

I used the faster shipping as I thought I would already have my motors and controllers for my dual motor build but there's been several delays in shipping for various reasons. I'm sure having to change the order to get motors that will fit the dropouts didn't help either.

I'm very impressed with the quality of them. I hope they function as well as they have for others.

Gary

ekingsting said:
morph999 said:

morph999, I ordered the meter on Sat. night with chaepest shipping and today when I checked the HK website my order shows shipped as of today. Good Luck

Btw, saw a simular meter on ebay for twice the price. It does have some basic operation instructions.http://cgi.ebay.com/High-Precision-...Control_Parts_Accessories?hash=item5633405050

Mine finally shows shipped. I haven't gotten it yet.

Mine arrived yesterday.
I haven't had a chance to test it properly yet but it's a cice looking little unit. A bit bigger than the watts up (fatter all round) but the plastic case has a rubberized sort of surface to it which is nice I suppose. It also ships with bigger 10ga wires over the wattsup, which I guess is in keeping with its claims to handle up to 130a.

edit: they all sold out quick, stock levels are at -9 again

I ordered mine Nov 9th....AND I STILL DON'T HAVE IT !!!! I'm getting angry. I chose a shipping option that was $2 cheaper but boy, this is ridiculous.

morph999 said:
I ordered mine Nov 9th....AND I STILL DON'T HAVE IT !!!! I'm getting angry. I chose a shipping option that was $2 cheaper but boy, this is ridiculous.

I ordered mine on the 12th and shipped the one that was $2 more, and haven't received it yet. Hopefully it will come tomorrow. :|

I got my watt meter. You didn't mention that I'd need about 16 ft of wire to hook it up.

Back