Vector bike and frame owners.

In regards to potential heat build up in controller from being inside the battery box you might wanna take a look at how madin88 mounted his e-max inside his vector. He used an heatsink located on the outside of the downtube. That heatsink was thermally connected to the controller. So controller kept inside away from water, debris and well protected within the frame yet still getting much the same cooling as controller was mounted on the outside of the batterybox.

Two quick questions for Artur regarding the current Tornado and Typhoon configuration.

Initially the Tornado was shown with the controller inside the frame and vents on the side covers, while the Typhoon was shown with an external controller and no vents.

Today it looks like both bikes are using the same battery, so are they still configured that way, or is the Typhoon now configured with the controller inside and the vents?
Also, if the Typhoon still has the Controller outside, would having the Vents on the side cover still be beneficial to cool the battery?

Thanks

Thank you macribs! I'll check it out.

@scrambler
Arthur should answer this, but as I'm at page 45 of his dedicated thread, what I can tell is the different models were an early days concept that was discarded shortly. Now there's only Typhoon v2.0 if you get the entire bike from Vector, or you get the Vector frame and the parts that you want from Arthur, and the rest from somewhere else. Arthur answered that a few times on his thread, now he doesn't bother as much. I think he should edit his first post on his thread.

The components that he sells are better than average, and have a good price. You can always ask for a specific mod on the frame, including vents.

I don't like permanent vents, so what I was thinking is buy a few rare earth 2-3 mm magnets, and put them as spacers for covers when the weather is too hot. A quick on and off mod. And when off season, or the rain starts, take them off.
MAGNETS On the right, under the price, you can find different sizes.
Magnets are also good to "glue" a mini plastic self sealed bag on top of your frame, and in the bag to put your phone or keys, or whatever.

dvdrwsor said:
Thank you macribs! I'll check it out.

@scrambler
Arthur should answer this, but as I'm at page 45 of his dedicated thread, what I can tell is the different models were an early days concept that was discarded shortly. Now there's only Typhoon v2.0 if you get the entire bike from Vector, or you get the Vector frame and the parts that you want from Arthur, and the rest from somewhere else. Arthur answered that a few times on his thread, now he doesn't bother as much. I think he should edit his first post on his thread.

The components that he sells are better than average, and have a good price. You can always ask for a specific mod on the frame, including vents.

I don't like permanent vents, so what I was thinking is buy a few rare earth 2-3 mm magnets, and put them as spacers for covers when the weather is too hot. A quick on and off mod. And when off season, or the rain starts, take them off.
MAGNETS On the right, under the price, you can find different sizes.
Magnets are also good to "glue" a mini plastic self sealed bag on top of your frame, and in the bag to put your phone or keys, or whatever.

good solution, or just order 2 sets of side covers (with and without vents) of any color.

scrambler said:
Two quick questions for Artur regarding the current Tornado and Typhoon configuration.

Initially the Tornado was shown with the controller inside the frame and vents on the side covers, while the Typhoon was shown with an external controller and no vents.

Today it looks like both bikes are using the same battery, so are they still configured that way, or is the Typhoon now configured with the controller inside and the vents?
Also, if the Typhoon still has the Controller outside, would having the Vents on the side cover still be beneficial to cool the battery?

Thanks

At the moment all 3 models are the same, just with different controller. (Mini,Midi,Max)

Artur said:
At the moment all 3 models are the same, just with different controller. (Mini,Midi,Max)

Thanks Artur, but that does not fully answer my questions :)

Are they all with the controller inside and the vents, or all with the controller outside and no vent?

Vector has side covers with vents and they have closed side covers as well as the wide side covers.
As for the controller if you buy a completed bike from Artur I am sure you as a paying customer can decide where you will have the controller and they will listen to what you want. If you order parts and build the bike yourself you can decide what kind of side covers you order, and place controller where you like.

scrambler said:
Artur said:

Are they all with the controller inside and the vents, or all with the controller outside and no vent?

Usually we mount controller outside behind the controller shield. and we using side covers without vents, nut like macribs said - we cam do whatever customers want :)

Artur said:
scrambler said:
Artur said:

Usually we mount controller outside behind the controller shield. and we using side covers without vents, nut like macribs said - we cam do whatever customers want :)
Thanks
Is there actually room for the Max-E inside with the current 2.5kWh battery, and if so is there enough ventilation with the vents for average use of the bike?

Hello Artur, have you already thought about some custom footpads for second passenger for moto-seat option?

+
Can you make custom Moto seat-passenger hand grips?

I would love to order some from you.

-Elias

Hi all,

order for Vector frame and parts are done. very impatient, already received MXUS V3 4T, 18Fet Lyen, 6S 20AH HK x 3...

Preparing other parts for mount my ebike :

1 - what's specs of front hub dual disc (vector), i see 18 holes for spokes, i need diameter... all for finding which rim can i use ?, if you have some reference of rim and spokes for this hub

2 - DNM fork (vector), is it possible to use a 27.5" wheel without lost 200mm ?, because there are lot of choice about tyres (i use 26" at rear with mxus V3)

thanks for your help reply

lionelt said:
Hi all,

order for Vector frame and parts are done. very impatient, already received MXUS V3 4T, 18Fet Lyen, 6S 20AH HK x 3...

Preparing other parts for mount my ebike :

1 - what's specs of front hub dual disc (vector), i see 18 holes for spokes, i need diameter... all for finding which rim can i use ?, if you have some reference of rim and spokes for this hub

2 - DNM fork (vector), is it possible to use a 27.5" wheel without lost 200mm ?, because there are lot of choice about tyres (i use 26" at rear with mxus V3)

thanks for your help reply

1. I will measure it and post here.
2. yes, I think there are enough space.

DasDouble said:
Hello Artur, have you already thought about some custom footpads for second passenger for moto-seat option?

+
Can you make custom Moto seat-passenger hand grips?

I would love to order some from you.

-Elias

Good idea!

My new toy ;)

Frame: Vector
Fork: DNM Volcano USD-8 all black edition - 1 1/8
Rear suspension: DMN Burner 3 - 220mm
Headset: FSA The Pig - 1 1/8 " Standard
Seat post: Radon Light 400mm - 31,6mm
Saddle clamp: Hope - 36,4mm
Crank: Shimano ACERA for 7/8x FC-M361 48/38/28 Vierkant - 175mm
Chainring: Race Face Narrow Wide for 9 / 10 / 11x - 104mm 38 teeth
Chain: Shimano XT / Ultegra 9x CN-HG93 114
Rear derailleur: Shimano ZEE 10x SRD-M640-SSW Shadow Plus
Shifter: SRAM X9 - works perfekt with 9 speed cassette and Zee 10 Speed M640 derailleur :mrgreen:
Cassette: SunRace 9x freewheel 13-32
Brakes: Shimano ZEE BR-M640-B
Discs: Shimano XT SM-RT86L 203mm 6 hole
IS to pm adapter for the rear brake: Shimano 203 mm SM-MA-R203P/S
Stem: Sixpack
Handlebar: Truvativ Holzfeller
Front wheel: DT SWISS FR 2020 20x110 26 Zoll
Tires: Maxxis Ardent 26x 2.7

Back rim: EXAL XL 25 - 26" BLACK Spoke hole diameter : 5,5mm = 12G spokes (from Crystalyte)
Spokes: 36x 164 mm 12G stainless steel black (from Crystalyte)
Motor: Mxus 3000 V2
Controller: HK Sunwin 72V 2000W - Rated 72V 60A Ebay: 391502430554
Battery: 6x Hobbyking MultiStar High Capacity 6S 12000mAh for 18S 2P

Charger: ALPHA TECHNOLOGIES AC/DC 100-250V DC OUT 54V CAR0948TN 7A
Voltage Converter Step Up Modul: 600W DC 10-60V to 12-80V Boost
Works great

Attachments

• Vector.jpg
    Vector.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 2,202
BigDm said:
My new toy ;)

Frame: Vector
Fork: DNM Volcano USD-8 all black edition - 1 1/8
Rear suspension: DMN Burner 3 - 220mm
Headset: FSA The Pig - 1 1/8 " Standard
Seat post: Radon Light 400mm - 31,6mm
Saddle clamp: Hope - 36,4mm
Crank: Shimano ACERA for 7/8x FC-M361 48/38/28 Vierkant - 175mm
Chainring: Race Face Narrow Wide for 9 / 10 / 11x - 104mm 38 teeth
Chain: Shimano XT / Ultegra 9x CN-HG93 114
Rear derailleur: Shimano ZEE 10x SRD-M640-SSW Shadow Plus
Shifter: SRAM X9 - works perfekt with 9 speed cassette and Zee 10 Speed M640 derailleur :mrgreen:
Cassette: SunRace 9x freewheel 13-32
Brakes: Shimano ZEE BR-M640-B
Discs: Shimano XT SM-RT86L 203mm 6 hole
IS to pm adapter for the rear brake: Shimano 203 mm SM-MA-R203P/S
Stem: Sixpack
Handlebar: Truvativ Holzfeller
Front wheel: DT SWISS FR 2020 20x110 26 Zoll
Tires: Maxxis Ardent 26x 2.7

Back rim: EXAL XL 25 - 26" BLACK Spoke hole diameter : 5,5mm = 12G spokes (from Crystalyte)
Spokes: 36x 164 mm 12G stainless steel black (from Crystalyte)
Motor: Mxus 3000 V2
Controller: HK Sunwin 72V 2000W - Rated 72V 60A Ebay: 391502430554
Battery: 6x Hobbyking MultiStar High Capacity 6S 12000mAh for 18S 2P

Charger: ALPHA TECHNOLOGIES AC/DC 100-250V DC OUT 54V CAR0948TN 7A
Voltage Converter Step Up Modul: 600W DC 10-60V to 12-80V Boost
Works great

Impressive! :D We need more photos :)

Here are 50 more Pictures.
https://1drv.ms/f/s!At6JsHhRVPg6gthQB999shfgjvSE0Q

scrambler said:
Thanks
Is there actually room for the Max-E inside with the current 2.5kWh battery, and if so is there enough ventilation with the vents for average use of the bike?
Artur said:
I will ask to make a photo for you, the new batteries arrieve in 7 days.

Hi Artur,

Any news on this and what the "New" batteries are ? :)

Hopefully some sort of no weld batteries that combined can output any voltage and amp wanted.

Back