Votol EM-100 & EM-150 controllers

hi everyone, i have activate the EABS on my VOTOL-EM100, Could this cause an error in the controller? like the explosion of a capacitor or a mosfet, has anyone ever had a problem with this? I configured the E-ABS to reach 17A only
Most definitely it seems i just blew mine for a too strong a regen. Overvolt minus 4ish volts is the regen protect btw. I set mine to 87 and as soon as i gave it 50% regen the fet blew. It's not that the regen protect wasnt working but i guess one friggin cell reached high protect before the votol regen protect could activate and the bms shut off. Dafaq cant these fkin idiots make split port bms-es so this shit doesnt happen is beyond me...

Is your wheel sticking?

Okay, it seems have incorrect configuration again.
Have just connected the throttle, and the alarm cable.
I can do a hall sensor test, other than that the throttle is back to not driving the motor.

I think it happened after I switched "SW"
1696202206460.png

I was hoping that would default the controller to low speed mode.
it seemed to stop the controller from working at all....

Have attached other screens for reference:
does anyone see anything wrong? using a EM80GTS and QS2000w hub motor

1696202265574.png

1696202284434.png

1696202302072.png

1696202316704.png
1696202346112.png

Okay, it seems have incorrect configuration again.
Have just connected the throttle, and the alarm cable.
I can do a hall sensor test, other than that the throttle is back to not driving the motor.

I think it happened after I switched "SW"
View attachment 340336

I was hoping that would default the controller to low speed mode.
it seemed to stop the controller from working at all....

Have attached other screens for reference:
does anyone see anything wrong? using a EM80GTS and QS2000w hub motor

View attachment 340337

View attachment 340338

View attachment 340339

View attachment 340340
View attachment 340342
To switch the controller into low-speed mode, it is necessary to mark "LA," this simulates the contact closure on "-." The "SW" function only keeps the contact already closed manually by the button, for example, cruise control will remain turned on after releasing the button on the steering wheel

To switch the controller into low-speed mode, it is necessary to mark "LA," this simulates the contact closure on "-." The "SW" function only keeps the contact already closed manually by the button, for example, cruise control will remain turned on after releasing the button on the steering wheel
Hey, could you please describe everything you know about the cruise control function.

I couldn’t get it working.

Particularly like to know whether it locks in a power output, or a speed output.

So most likely:

LA = Latch signal on regardless of input
SW = latch signal to input active state
IO = just use input state realtime

Hello>
I have repaired recently an votol EM100 and keep for myself. I used to config older versions, but in this case, with the new firmware, i am completly lost. The english manual is unuseless. So i will aprecciate a lot some guideness here.
I ahve reading the wholw post and some things ar very clear, others not.
Any way, i have the .bin if someone need it. Justo form EM100, not EM150
Hello, i would need the.bin file please. I broke the firmware of one EM100 without CAN and i would like to try repair it: daniel.lupu@gmx.net

Last edited:
If I use a throttle other than what came with my Votol EM-150, is it possible to program or setup this new throttle?

I bought a new throttle that doesn’t have a bolt meter on it. The power of the bike didn’t really kick in until 50% throttle twist and then it would take off. This isn’t ideal of course. It felt like it was being held back or something.

I plugged in then the throttles that QS sends with their kits and all is good. The bike rips like a bat outta hell. I’m assuming the new aftermarket throttle isn’t calibrated for that controller. So I may need to measure the readings when twisting it or just not use it.

If the votol setup software you have has settings for throttle start and end voltages, (low and high limits) then you can measure what your throttle outputs and use those numbers in the settings.

If it does not have any settings for this, or some other way to compensate for the differences in throttle votlages, then you would need to modify the throttle output to match what the controller expects, and that will take some hardware (which specific hardware depends on what your actual throttle output is, and what your controller expects).

Is your new throttle a hall, or a pot(entiometer) type? Are your other throttles hall, or pot? Each has a different voltage range and operates differently, so if they are different types, the controller will respond differently.

@amberwolf i was hoping you’d shed some light. Thanks! I may be able to get the new throttle working then. The Votol software I am using has the throttle input values I can adjust on page 1. I’ll measure across the two and see what they are.

Attachments

• IMG_3025.jpeg
    IMG_3025.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 20
Hey, could you please describe everything you know about the cruise control function.

I couldn’t get it working.

Particularly like to know whether it locks in a power output, or a speed output.
Bump.

Calling Obi_Wan.

Can you share what you know about cruise control?

Bump.

Calling Obi_Wan.

Can you share what you know about cruise control?
I only know how to enable this function by "Port serrings" page, (the "Cruise" sign lights on the display). I don't know how to use this function, unfortunately.

I only know how to enable this function by "Port serrings" page, (the "Cruise" sign lights on the display). I don't know how to use this function, unfortunately.
Thanks.

I don’t use a display.

But you’ve verified the functionality?

Is it activated by a switch?
By holding the throttle steady for a given time?
It’s deactivated by brake?

Could you screenshot the port settings page for me?

Thanks

Thanks.

I don’t use a display.

But you’ve verified the functionality?

Is it activated by a switch?
By holding the throttle steady for a given time?
It’s deactivated by brake?

Could you screenshot the port settings page for me?

Thanks
Without the display, you won't know if cruise control is on.
In addition, you need to mark the "Cruise" window on page 3
For use the "Cruise", read the manual

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231015-161327.png
    Screenshot_20231015-161327.png
    6.4 MB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20231015-161117.png
    Screenshot_20231015-161117.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 18
Without the display, you won't know if cruise control is on.
Thanks again for taking the time, I appreciate it.

I’ll know if it’s working when I release the throttle and power persists. No?
In addition, you need to mark the "Cruise" window on page 3
Yep, and I assigned the cruise function to a port that I tried activating via latching switch pre boot, post boot, and mid-throttle. As well as holding steady throttle, both unloaded and on the road. Did I try all IO, SW, LA options though? It’s not mentioned in the notes I was taking, and I can’t remember, it was ages ago.

Anyway, I destroyed the controller (stupidly, not from frustration) and need a replacement, but will happily buy a different brand if cruise control is impossible with Votol.

Sorry to hassle you, but you’re the only person I’ve encountered mentioning cruise control.

I can get it working if it’s possible, and happy to work it out for myself, I just need a one word answer, before I buy another Votol, to the question: “have you verified the functionality, as in you can release the throttle and the controller continues to deliver power?”

If so, I’ll buy another one. I’d prefer to, because it saves having to learn the ins and outs of a different controller.

For use the "Cruise", read the manual
No luck there, barely a mention in passing.

Thanks again for taking the time, I appreciate it.

I’ll know if it’s working when I release the throttle and power persists. No?

Yep, and I assigned the cruise function to a port that I tried activating via latching switch pre boot, post boot, and mid-throttle. As well as holding steady throttle, both unloaded and on the road. Did I try all IO, SW, LA options though? It’s not mentioned in the notes I was taking, and I can’t remember, it was ages ago.

Anyway, I destroyed the controller (stupidly, not from frustration) and need a replacement, but will happily buy a different brand if cruise control is impossible with Votol.

Sorry to hassle you, but you’re the only person I’ve encountered mentioning cruise control.

I can get it working if it’s possible, and happy to work it out for myself, I just need a one word answer, before I buy another Votol, to the question: “have you verified the functionality, as in you can release the throttle and the controller continues to deliver power?”

If so, I’ll buy another one. I’d prefer to, because it saves having to learn the ins and outs of a different controller.

No luck there, barely a mention in passing.
By manual it is written that you need to turn the throttle handle to a certain angle and hold it for 8 seconds

Thanks very much. I’ll take that as a yes.

There’s a few different manuals floating around, I’ll gather them all and order another Votol.

I suspect I didn’t hold the throttle steady for a full eight seconds.

I was hoping for an implementation where I could flick a switch then let go of the throttle immediately. But eight seconds is acceptable.

Back