Are you ready for riding season?

dogman dan

1 PW
Here's the proof I have it bad. I'm such a hoarder. 6 ebikes, all running at one time.'s Ebikes. spring 2011.JPG

From left to right.
36-48v commuter, Mongoose Blackcomb FS mtb bike, rear 9c E-Bikekit. 27 mph
36-48v commuter, Giant OS2 FS mtb bike, front 9c E-Bikekit. 27 mph
110v street track racer. Yokota Denali mtb bike, front 9c motor from E-Bikekit + Lyens 12 fet 120v controller. 49 mph.
72v Dirt bike, Mongoose Blackcomb FS Mtb bike. rear 9c 2810 motor from E-bikekit + Lyens 9 fet 72v controller. 27 mph
36-48v Grocery getter. Schwin Meridia trike. front 9c 2810 motor from E-bikekit + 36v Aotema controller. 20 mph
36-48v beach cruiser. Starcruiser 5 speed bike. front Aotema motor. 30 mph

Not pictured, thee operable pedal bikes. 1 Specialized FRS FS mtb. 1 Giant boulder mtb, laides model. 1 vintage 70's motobecane cromoly 10 speed.
Numerous inoperable bikes, several just needing tires, mostly wallbikes.

Holy crap. You DO have it bad. Does a car even get parked in that garage, dogman? :mrgreen:

Last year was agonizing as when i joined i spent ~4 months on the forums reading stuff to determine what i wanted and how stuff worked, then there were various delays and problems. As a result i completely missed out on riding season as October to May is rain-o-rama here in Oregon :|

So:

I have 2 spare lipos
One extra gear assembly for the MAC motor
Craptons of extra wire, switches, connectors, battery checkers,

All my wiring is meant to be hot swapped and not soldered.

I am picking up a spare motor, throttle, and controller too.

I am not missing a single day of riding potential this year. Not after spending ~6 months of having the bike inside. Hell no.

Hehe, and I was feeling like an obsessive collector... You beat me in that matter. :D

My ride, here ready for a long trip with 16 bricks of Lipo:

imag0260t.jpg

And the 2 that I'm building this springtime:

demo8.jpg

image272a.jpg

Plus 3 other bikes that are still peddled by GF and I.

That's the idea. I don't even want to miss one riding day if I want to ride. The spare commuter is vital. Once you find you have a flat in the morn, you don't want to dick with it and be late to work. The rest is pure wanton Ebike addiction.

Damn right the wifes car parks in the garage every day. She's the one making the house payment. 8) Fortunately there are two more 1 car metal garages in the backyard, for his and hers hoarding.

The really fun bikes are, of course, the high voltage ones. The race bike is pure piss your pants, while the dirt bike is more like trancing out while riding dirt trails in a state of perfect harmony between man and machine. Once in the zone on the dirt bike, it comes real close to the feeling I used to get skiing powder in the wilderness. Almost like you are floating above and behind your body.

That's right Auraslip. The silver 2807.

"Re: Are you ready for riding season?" Well...i don't think we really have
a "season" in Australia not West Australia at least thankfully our winter
we have many fine days perfect for e-biking. Never the less DoGMaN
I just finished puting together me second 2 wheeler (4th e-bike including trikes)
and will ride it for a month or so to discover/sort out any bugs before breaking
it down for paining and anodizing of parts, any modifications will be made
then before re-assembling. I also have still to fabricate the carbon fiber enclosure
to cover the entire lower "triangle" of the frame...-->

cruiser_mock_up_series_pic_1.jpg

Sorting out the modified 12fet's settings at the moment the bikes handling though is a HUGE improvement
on the old bike.

Nice collections you have there too DoGMaN

KiM

StudEbiker said:
That is one beautiful bike AJ!! Have you done a thread somewhere where you show how you build the outriggers? Can you post the link if you have please?

Has been a build log active for the last 6 months guess you don't venture into the non hub motor section of the forum alot? :p

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=20588

jlustig83 said:
Thats a real clean build you got there AJ.

Thankyou but, she is still far from finished, my friend whos a pro spray painter will be painting the bike this time round
along with the carbon fiber enclosures I'm hoping she will look the goods :: fingers crossed::

KiM

With any luck tomorrow morning is the official first day commuting of 2011 via ebike !!!

I had the RC bike out on the weekend after repairing one of the 24v 20ah lipo packs... i had teh BMX out for a short rip.. and also replaced a bad cell in the Norco 100v pack and just finished mounting the Lumenator so the morning coffee drinkers can't claim " I never saw you comming " ..

I have to get a new chain for the A2B and clean the brakes but it's in working order..

the Chopper is functional, but needs a proper controller mounting bracket..

Calling off the morning cabbie and getting dressed warm for the next few weeks until it warms up enough..

I have zero operation bikes right now... pedal or otherwise (unless you count the gasoline stuff).

Parts are being taken from just about everything I own with 2 wheels to get shuffled together for my death-race build. Which I started on 3 weeks ago, and OMG that time went by fast. lol The two remaining weeks don't feel like much of a time cushion anymore. Anyways... back to working on it. :)

Riding season? 'riding NYC almost every work day this winter. Of course, not during the heavy snow events but I don't think there's been a week since late Dec I didn't ride to work at least one day. 20F-30F and below sucks but fortunately it's only about 15-20min commute each way. This past week has been a cold drag though - enough with the artic air!

btw - Dogman, I also got 6qty operational right now. 3 here in NYC and 3 at my place in CA. 2 in CA are Kickbikes with 9C motors but they probably count. Yep, it's a total sickness...

Wish'd I could make Death Race this year! Perhaps someday?

Nice collection Dogman, I'm still waiting for the weather to break. Should happen sometime next week. No more snow but still cold around here. Only 2 ebikes currently. My BMC and Cyclone build, but working on 2 more. The 9C 10x6 Tidal Force, and a cheap Currie brushed DC Mongoose build. I plan to do an RC build, but I don't think that will happen till next winter. Currently Working on 2 razor E300 scooters for my 2 nieces. I promised them scooters this year. Taking the wetcells out and putting in A123's, fuel meter and lvc so it becomes basically foolproof. I had to go on craigslist to find them. They can be gotten for under $100 since the batteries usually go bad, but falling behind on the build.

The deluge stopped last Sunday here, and the weather is improving daily. Beautiful today and supposed to be 80F by thursday.

But I'm not quite ready yet. Getting close, however.

Ordered a Magura throttle today. Working on battery mounts. Have almost all the other parts. Decided to give up on stealth, there's going to be so much stuff on this bike it can't be stealth. Hopefully it can be neat, at least.

Looking forward to it!

Heh...riding season here in Phoenix started last September, and runs until about early June at best (sometimes late May). :lol:

It's easier with ebikes but every time you have to stop for a light or whatever, it's still melty-drippy time; I had a squirrelcage fan I used to run on DayGlo Avenger's handlebars to blow on me when stopped, back in it's friction-drive days (and before it was motorized). Gotta find it or a similar one again to stick on whatever bike I am riding in the next couple of months. ;)

It is a little strange to have two working ebikes (DGA and CB2) right now, with a third and fourth in progress (although there aren't yet enough batteries to go around), and project piles for a couple of pusher trailers for the normal bikes.

I'm such a puss. I had the endless cold half the winter, and drove the car quite a bit for 2 months. But yeah, riding season here is really winter too. The real bummer this winter was the dirt bike being melted down the whole time. So glad to have it running now. Went for a glorious dirt ride yesterday. highlights are on you tube now, and the unedited ride is loading. Dogman 5018 is my channel.

But for others, in the frozen tundra, spring is just springing enough to put away the spiked tires.

Really loving having the trike back together, for runs to the nearby flea market. Perfect for hauling home more junk to hoard.

dogman said:
...But for others, in the frozen tundra, spring is just springing enough to put away the spiked tires.
I did without all the winter, but would like them now, that is the worst time for sliding. Snow melts and all the water produced freezes at night, then the ice is covered with water with next morning sunshine. The mountain is irresistible, but treacherous. The streets are dry and we can speed, but roadsides and corners have alot of sand and salt dust left from the winter abrasives, so there too is a tad tricky.

The weather is beautifull, though. Above 0 for 3 days in a row... 8)

Nice herd you got there Dogman - I'm glad it's gettin warmer, won't have to wear as many layers. It was kind of fun ridin around on the snow and ice though w/ icespikers, for short trips on my slow bike. It's a definate + to have more than 1 ebike....Mark

neptronix said:
Last year was agonizing as when i joined i spent ~4 months on the forums reading stuff to determine what i wanted and how stuff worked, then there were various delays and problems. As a result i completely missed out on riding season as October to May is rain-o-rama here in Oregon :|

There were 3 weeks of decent sunshine though a bit chilly in January I was bummed to miss while getting the bike together. Now that I have full fenders I manage a decent amount of rides between showers. It being cloudy does take the joy down a bit though. I've attached a photo of the bike. I meant to make it look crappy, but all of the sudden started making it look nice when I painted it. If start having to leave it locked outside places I think I'm going to go nuts on it with some washable spray paint or duct tape a bush to it :lol: .

I would really like to get a dirt bike together. I used to do quite a bit of mountain biking before my legs went bad. It makes a lot of sense to get more ebikes once you get one since the you already have the batteries for 'em.

Attachments

• 199674_808701099523_17215556_42701625_3714140_n.jpg
    199674_808701099523_17215556_42701625_3714140_n.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 966
I've already been riding my bike to school every day for a month, but once I rewind half my motor spring break will be over and weather will be less rainy so I can commute AND joyride :D

I'm also back at my job and officially saving up for a bigger outrunner...

Ya know, the one thing I don't like about the end of riding season here is that it goes pretty suddenly from 65F-75F days right up to stuff like the past few 95F days, and then today, which is 99F an hour ago, and 97F now. Still nicer after dark, down in the 80s, and high 50s just before dawn. :lol:

Makes it tougher to haul the dogs around in this weather.

Yeah, if it keeps up for the next couple weeks, we're all gonna be REAL GLAD that the Death Race was moved to evening/night. :lol:

Back