Crystalyte Rewind

Tincan

10 W
Hi guys,

I have a HT3525 sitting here that i cooked within an hour of use :(

Now I do have a new motor coming as part of Hyenas group buy but im getting itchy feet and wana get the bike up and going again.

Is there much involved in getting it rewound? expensive? not worth it?

Never ever done a rewind before and just trying to get an idea if its even worth it.

Thanks!

from what ive read its a real painfull experience to rewind, and leaves you with sore sore hands. apparently in the vincity of 50 hours work too - but anyone feel free to correct me on this...

what power were you running when it died? or, perhaps I should ask what you were doing at what power? (im running a ht myself, peaks of 4.5kw :twisted: so far, so good! so very very good!!!!)

3.5kw. @ 132v

But my issue was from the 120% mode on the Lyen controller.

I wasn't planning on doing it myself, bugger that for a joke. I would get it done by a pro.

Tincan said:
3.5kw. @ 132v

But my issue was from the 120% mode on the Lyen controller.

I wasn't planning on doing it myself, bugger that for a joke. I would get it done by a pro.

lol yea - im guessing though its going to cost more than (or close enough to) a new motor.

why such low amps/high volts? where you using a small rim?

I like speed :D

It's on a 26" rim.

Not really concerned if it's close to the cost of a new motor. I'm just getting impatient waiting for my new one and would like something to play with over christmas.

So i guess what im also getting at is that there is nothing special about these motors that a normal rewinder shouldn't be able to handle?

Back