New "TSDZ2 Torque Sensor Central Motor"

qwerkus said:
In case anyone is wondering: I found why my tsdz2 is so noisy: it's the bearings before an after the blue gear. Does someone know a quality replacement for them ?

Hi, how did you isolate them as the source of most of the noise? I'm packing getting ready to move the family between countries right now, but would love for someone else to tell me what to buy, what to do :)

Cheers
Steve

Ron Paul's Blimp said:
Has anyone used https://www.electrifybike.com/store/p65/42_Tooth_Narrow%2FWide_CNC_7075_T6_Chainring_%2810mm_offset%29_for_TSDZ2.html ? Looking at my motor and the pictures I wonder if it'd interfere where the cables come out of the controller.
Yeah, I bought one and didn't use it. The machining was defective, the offset was less than claimed, really no better than the stock dished 42T spaced back with 1mm washers.

sac02 said:
IR is difficult to measure accurately especially for high-drain cells, is your source saying both GA and 48G are 0.040 ohm reliable? HKJ data lists GA IR as 0.050 ohm, and 48G IR as 0.040 ohm, but I take that information with significant reservation and do not make decisions or comparisons based on that.
I had seen the 48G was reported at 0.04 ohm, and i simply did a calculation from the discharge chart you posted to verify that and also calculate the IR for the GA...which also measured at approx 0.04.
but even if the GAs are 0.05 ohm, a 3p group will still only be 0.016 ohm..theoretically !

sac02 said:
VTC5A IR is essentially the same as GA? I think not.
IMO IR as measured by our methods is not a reliable metric for these high performance cells.
I dont think you can expect any cell to give representative results if tested at 3x its max rating

sac02 said:
What is the source for $3 GA? That is very good, especially if it is a trustworthy source.
here are at least 2 reliable vendors on the sales section offering new GAs

sac02 said:
  1. note: it's not 84g, it's 99g just for the cells
    .... So if you say 200g doesn't matter - well it does matter to me, and possibly others.
no certainly not mocking...i simply used the "standard" 48gm (18650) and 69 gm (21700) that most
cells are quoted at.
I certainly do not like heavy bikes either ..my FS , Alloy frame , Specialized, with TSD22, is 16.5 kg ( no battery) ..but i would not let 200gm be a deciding factor in battery choice.
PS i only recently realised the huge improvement in ride handling by using a backpack battery instead of a frame mount pack !
The bike handles so much better, especially off road, and even with a large 48v, 16 Ah pack, i soon forget its on my back.
I look forward to see those cell test results

tomtom50 said:
Yeah, I bought one and didn't use it. The machining was defective, the offset was less than claimed, really no better than the stock dished 42T spaced back with 1mm washers.

Ugh that sucks. Thanks for the warning.

sac02 said:
qwerkus said:
In case anyone is wondering: I found why my tsdz2 is so noisy: it's the bearings before an after the blue gear. Does someone know a quality replacement for them ?

99% chance they are standard size bearings. If you have an industrial supply place nearby (Grainger, McMaster, Fastenall, etc) just take them in with you and they can get you set up with high quality replacements. The markings on the bearings will denote their size, so you can use google if you prefer.

Ron Paul's Blimp said:
sac02 said:
qwerkus said:

99% chance they are standard size bearings. If you have an industrial supply place nearby (Grainger, McMaster, Fastenall, etc) just take them in with you and they can get you set up with high quality replacements. The markings on the bearings will denote their size, so you can use google if you prefer.

https://www.mcmaster.com/ is great and with some good measurements you can usually find the exact thing you need.

I should have added that I live in Europe. Ebay is my friend. Also german suppliers.

mctubster said:
qwerkus said:

Hi, how did you isolate them as the source of most of the noise? I'm packing getting ready to move the family between countries right now, but would love for someone else to tell me what to buy, what to do :)

Cheers
Steve

Was a long march. I completely took the thing apart. First changed the blue gear. Didn't show any improvement. Than I check every bearing and noticed one is making strange noises.

I found mine was very loose when I pulled my motor apart a long time ago, it’s fairly noisy now. I think they are just common skateboard bearings if I am not mistaken, they sell some good quality ceramic bearings at some of the better skateboard shops.

qwerkus said:
Was a long march. I completely took the thing apart. First changed the blue gear. Didn't show any improvement. Than I check every bearing and noticed one is making strange noises.
Thanks for the info. Depending on the battery voltage - which I assume changes the resonant frequencies - I can feel the motor through my handle bars ... low quality bearings makes some sense to me from a lay perspective. If you turn your noisy bearing by hand, does it feel rough?

Also is there a guide to dismantling to get at the bearings? or is it as simple as following your nose?

Cheers
Steve

Ron Paul's Blimp said:
tomtom50 said:

Ugh that sucks. Thanks for the warning.
Yeah. I was too lazy to return it.

mctubster said:
qwerkus said:
Thanks for the info. Depending on the battery voltage - which I assume changes the resonant frequencies - I can feel the motor through my handle bars ... low quality bearings makes some sense to me from a lay perspective. If you turn your noisy bearing by hand, does it feel rough?

Also is there a guide to dismantling to get at the bearings? or is it as simple as following your nose?

Cheers
Steve

Very similar to my problem. I always have 2 sounds: normal motor whining, and some deeper annoying grinding you can feel through the entire bike. Same grinding can be felt when turning the defective bearing.

Gelgora said:
Will a tsdz2 work with a 83mm bottom bracket? Looked everywhere without finding an answer

no, but i think this could be a path to follow:

https://www.electrifybike.com/store/p68/TSDZ2-Fat-Bike-Adapter.html

andyme said:
no, but i think this could be a path to follow:

https://www.electrifybike.com/store/p68/TSDZ2-Fat-Bike-Adapter.html

FWIW that's the same company tomtom50 just said sold them a defective / not-as-advertised $90 TSDZ2-specific chain ring.

eyebyesickle said:
Gelgora said:
Will a tsdz2 work with a 83mm bottom bracket? Looked everywhere without finding an answer

You can make it work with the 92mm version

https://www.eco-ebike.com/products/tsdz2-upgrade-bottom-bracket-axle-extension-in-92mm-100mm-120mm

In case anyone wonders what he is talking about. :lol:

Hi
I'm pretty sure I'm not the first one to have this problem to mount the kit.

I have the frame with the standard (ISO/English or BSC (British Standard Cycle) sometimes incorrectly referred to as BSA) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bottom_bracket#Sizes bottom bracket The kit axe inserts very tightly inside until the threaded part is over (in the middle of the bracket) and then it is blocked.

WhatsApp Image 2018-12-16 at 11.43.00.jpeg

Do I miss something? or I need to continue threading all along the braket to be able to insert the kit axe?

Solved. Indeed neded needed to increase a bit the hole of the bracket. Here is what I used:
Capture d’écran 2018-12-16 à 21.26.10.png
(construction store) 8Euro

Initial diameter was around 40-45mm, but can be compressed to 33mm. In combination with a drill will make you happy.

Okay, made it. The 36v factory setup doesn't work with 48v battery. (probably voltage is too high according to the preset and controller doesn't allow the motor to engage). Tested it with 36V battery. Very cool.

Vitus Dee 29ER with Shimano nexus 3 speed hub (22 cog at the backwheel), 14,2ah 36v

Will test it for some time and then try opensource firmware.

valkus said:
Okay, made it. The 36v factory setup doesn't work with 48v battery. (probably voltage is too high according to the preset and controller doesn't allow the motor to engage). Tested it with 36V battery. Very cool.

Vitus Dee 29ER with Shimano nexus 3 speed hub (22 cog at the backwheel), 14,2ah 36v

Will test it for some time and then try opensource firmware.
as an option you can use standard 48 volt firmware. Or use open firmware 0.16

andyme said:
very embarassing....i have broken half of the surrounding magnet....it is part of the 850C display. So my question: can the device still be working or is it impossible? if anyone knows enough about this kind of coil...it should be just the shield..so maybe I am in luck..

You have reduced the inductance, and threatened what remains with early saturation, but still might work. Get a pair of soldering irons (one of each hand) and tweeze that sucker off. Install new one end at a time, but improve the final position by melting both ends at once. Use flux, lots and lots of rosin flux if necessary, but be aware that alcohol or other solvent cleaners can attack the enamel insulation of the newly installed coil. Just don't drown it in cleaning spray is all I'm saying, wet qtip of alcohol won't hurt.

Other option, assuming its still working and you just want to stabilize the wreckage, is JBWeld. 5% Ferrosilicon "steel" filler is an excellent low loss gap filler for transformer glue-up. No substitute for missing ferrite, but 3x better than air is 3x better than nothing. Just blob it on and hope for the best. I've molded flyback cores of JB (with extra crushed ferrite filler) that had good Q out to 1MHz, the limit of my place of work's ability to measure. If you saved any broken bits and pieces of the original, I'd use JB to try and glue them back too, but preserve the ring shaped gap at the top. OK if JB gets inbetween or completely covers the coil, as it has more than enough distributed gap between bits of filler.

KD5ZXG said:
andyme said:
very embarassing....i have broken half of the surrounding magnet....it is part of the 850C display. So my question: can the device still be working or is it impossible? if anyone knows enough about this kind of coil...it should be just the shield..so maybe I am in luck..

You have reduced the inductance, and threatened what remains with early saturation, but still might work. Get a pair of soldering irons (one of each hand) and tweeze that sucker off. Install new one end at a time, but improve the final position by melting both ends at once. Use flux, lots and lots of rosin flux if necessary, but be aware that alcohol or other solvent cleaners can attack the enamel insulation of the newly installed coil. Just don't drown it in cleaning spray is all I'm saying, wet qtip of alcohol won't hurt.

Other option, assuming its still working and you just want to stabilize the wreckage, is JBWeld. 5% Ferrosilicon "steel" filler is an excellent low loss gap filler for transformer glue-up. No substitute for missing ferrite, but 3x better than air is 3x better than nothing. Just blob it on and hope for the best. I've molded flyback cores of JB (with extra crushed ferrite filler) that had good Q out to 1MHz, the limit of my place of work's ability to measure. If you saved any broken bits and pieces of the original, I'd use JB to try and glue them back too, but preserve the ring shaped gap at the top. OK if JB gets inbetween or completely covers the coil, as it has more than enough distributed gap between bits of filler.

thanks very much...i will now just pray a bit....it is signed, sealed, delivered...let's see...first thing will be to get hold of a hex file...so far i am not able yet to compile it...
20181216_151514.jpg

andyme said:
thanks very much...i will now just pray a bit....it is signed, sealed, delivered...let's see...first thing will be to get hold of a hex file...so far i am not able yet to compile it...
Where are you stuck?

casainho said:
andyme said:
Where are you stuck?

frankly: i really want to make it. i am ambitous. but this is so new for me, including the linux thing.

I have two questions: this gcc arm none-eabi thing: this is a procedure to program bare-metal arm processors? and this cannot be done under windows? there is no such utility for windows?

I have not gotten very far with the command line in linux ,so then i have made virtual machines running graphic versions of ubuntu and debian...i also had found the synaptic package manager....but then...what are my next steps? i don't even know how to make something run ....i will have to dig deeper, i am afraid....i am learning, at least i am trying to...

andyme said:
casainho said:
andyme said:
Where are you stuck?

frankly: i really want to make it. i am ambitous. but this is so new for me, including the linux thing.

I have two questions: this gcc arm none-eabi thing: this is a procedure to program bare-metal arm processors? and this cannot be done under windows? there is no such utility for windows?

I have not gotten very far with the command line in linux ,so then i have made virtual machines running graphic versions of ubuntu and debian...i also had found the synaptic package manager....but then...what are my next steps? i don't even know how to make something run ....i will have to dig deeper, i am afraid....i am learning, at least i am trying to...

On my synaptic:

After you have it installed, execute "make" as I told before and here is the output and full build process for me:

Code:
cas@ubuntu:~/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/Color_LCD/Bafang_LCD_850C/Bafang_LCD_850C_firmware/src$ make
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc timers.c -o timers.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc utils.c -o utils.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc main.c -o main.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc buttons.c -o buttons.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc eeprom.c -o eeprom.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc usart1.c -o usart1.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc lcd_configurations.c -o lcd_configurations.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc lcd.c -o lcd.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc rtc.c -o rtc.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc pins.c -o pins.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc spl/src/stm32f10x_cec.c -o spl/src/stm32f10x_cec.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc spl/src/stm32f10x_dma.c -o spl/src/stm32f10x_dma.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc spl/src/stm32f10x_usart.c -o spl/src/stm32f10x_usart.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc spl/src/stm32f10x_tim.c -o spl/src/stm32f10x_tim.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc spl/src/stm32f10x_gpio.c -o spl/src/stm32f10x_gpio.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc spl/src/stm32f10x_iwdg.c -o spl/src/stm32f10x_iwdg.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc spl/src/stm32f10x_sdio.c -o spl/src/stm32f10x_sdio.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc spl/src/stm32f10x_rcc.c -o spl/src/stm32f10x_rcc.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc spl/src/stm32f10x_dbgmcu.c -o spl/src/stm32f10x_dbgmcu.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc spl/src/stm32f10x_spi.c -o spl/src/stm32f10x_spi.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc spl/src/stm32f10x_can.c -o spl/src/stm32f10x_can.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc spl/src/stm32f10x_crc.c -o spl/src/stm32f10x_crc.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc spl/src/stm32f10x_pwr.c -o spl/src/stm32f10x_pwr.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc spl/src/stm32f10x_exti.c -o spl/src/stm32f10x_exti.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc spl/src/stm32f10x_fsmc.c -o spl/src/stm32f10x_fsmc.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc spl/src/stm32f10x_flash.c -o spl/src/stm32f10x_flash.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc spl/src/misc.c -o spl/src/misc.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc spl/src/stm32f10x_adc.c -o spl/src/stm32f10x_adc.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc spl/src/stm32f10x_i2c.c -o spl/src/stm32f10x_i2c.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc spl/src/stm32f10x_wwdg.c -o spl/src/stm32f10x_wwdg.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc spl/src/stm32f10x_rtc.c -o spl/src/stm32f10x_rtc.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc spl/src/stm32f10x_dac.c -o spl/src/stm32f10x_dac.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc spl/src/stm32f10x_bkp.c -o spl/src/stm32f10x_bkp.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc spl/CMSIS/core_cm3.c -o spl/CMSIS/core_cm3.o
.compiling
arm-none-eabi-gcc -I./GD32F10x_standard_peripheral/Include -I./ -I./spl/CMSIS -I./spl/CMSIS/inc -I./spl/inc -DSTM32F10X_MD -DUSE_STDPERIPH_DRIVER -c -fno-common -O0 -g -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -l libgcc spl/CMSIS/system_stm32f10x.c -o spl/CMSIS/system_stm32f10x.o
arm-none-eabi-as   startup_stm32f10x_md.s -o startup_stm32f10x_md.o
..linking
arm-none-eabi-gcc -v   ugui/ugui.o timers.o utils.o main.o buttons.o eeprom.o usart1.o lcd_configurations.o lcd.o rtc.o pins.o ugui_driver/ugui_bafang_500c.o spl/src/stm32f10x_cec.o spl/src/stm32f10x_dma.o spl/src/stm32f10x_usart.o spl/src/stm32f10x_tim.o spl/src/stm32f10x_gpio.o spl/src/stm32f10x_iwdg.o spl/src/stm32f10x_sdio.o spl/src/stm32f10x_rcc.o spl/src/stm32f10x_dbgmcu.o spl/src/stm32f10x_spi.o spl/src/stm32f10x_can.o spl/src/stm32f10x_crc.o spl/src/stm32f10x_pwr.o spl/src/stm32f10x_exti.o spl/src/stm32f10x_fsmc.o spl/src/stm32f10x_flash.o spl/src/misc.o spl/src/stm32f10x_adc.o spl/src/stm32f10x_i2c.o spl/src/stm32f10x_wwdg.o spl/src/stm32f10x_rtc.o spl/src/stm32f10x_dac.o spl/src/stm32f10x_bkp.o spl/CMSIS/core_cm3.o spl/CMSIS/system_stm32f10x.o startup_stm32f10x_md.o -Tstm32_flash.ld -L/usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.3/armv7-m -lgcc -lm -nostartfiles -lnosys -mcpu=cortex-m3 -mthumb -Wl,--gc-sections -o main.elf
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=arm-none-eabi-gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/6.3.1/lto-wrapper
Target: arm-none-eabi
Configured with: ../src/configure --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --includedir='/usr/lib/include' --mandir='/usr/lib/share/man' --infodir='/usr/lib/share/info' --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --disable-silent-rules --libdir='/usr/lib/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' --libexecdir='/usr/lib/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu' --disable-maintainer-mode --disable-dependency-tracking --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-languages=c,c++,lto --enable-multilib --disable-decimal-float --disable-libffi --disable-libgomp --disable-libmudflap --disable-libquadmath --disable-libssp --disable-libstdcxx-pch --disable-nls --disable-shared --disable-threads --disable-tls --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --target=arm-none-eabi --with-system-zlib --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --with-pkgversion=15:6.3.1+svn253039-1build1 --without-included-gettext --prefix=/usr/lib --infodir=/usr/share/doc/gcc-arm-none-eabi/info --htmldir=/usr/share/doc/gcc-arm-none-eabi/html --pdfdir=/usr/share/doc/gcc-arm-none-eabi/pdf --bindir=/usr/bin --libexecdir=/usr/lib --libdir=/usr/lib --disable-libstdc++-v3 --host=x86_64-linux-gnu --with-headers=no --without-newlib --with-multilib-list=rmprofile CFLAGS='-g -O2 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/gcc-arm-none-eabi-iopiMw/gcc-arm-none-eabi-6.3.1+svn253039=. -fstack-protector-strong' CPPFLAGS='-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' CXXFLAGS='-g -O2 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/gcc-arm-none-eabi-iopiMw/gcc-arm-none-eabi-6.3.1+svn253039=. -fstack-protector-strong' FCFLAGS='-g -O2 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/gcc-arm-none-eabi-iopiMw/gcc-arm-none-eabi-6.3.1+svn253039=. -fstack-protector-strong' FFLAGS='-g -O2 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/gcc-arm-none-eabi-iopiMw/gcc-arm-none-eabi-6.3.1+svn253039=. -fstack-protector-strong' GCJFLAGS='-g -O2 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/gcc-arm-none-eabi-iopiMw/gcc-arm-none-eabi-6.3.1+svn253039=. -fstack-protector-strong' LDFLAGS='-Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions -Wl,-z,relro' OBJCFLAGS='-g -O2 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/gcc-arm-none-eabi-iopiMw/gcc-arm-none-eabi-6.3.1+svn253039=. -fstack-protector-strong' OBJCXXFLAGS='-g -O2 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/gcc-arm-none-eabi-iopiMw/gcc-arm-none-eabi-6.3.1+svn253039=. -fstack-protector-strong' INHIBIT_LIBC_CFLAGS=-DUSE_TM_CLONE_REGISTRY=0 AR_FOR_TARGET=arm-none-eabi-ar AS_FOR_TARGET=arm-none-eabi-as LD_FOR_TARGET=arm-none-eabi-ld NM_FOR_TARGET=arm-none-eabi-nm OBJDUMP_FOR_TARGET=arm-none-eabi-objdump RANLIB_FOR_TARGET=arm-none-eabi-ranlib READELF_FOR_TARGET=arm-none-eabi-readelf STRIP_FOR_TARGET=arm-none-eabi-strip
Thread model: single
gcc version 6.3.1 20170620 (15:6.3.1+svn253039-1build1) 
COMPILER_PATH=/usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/6.3.1/:/usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/6.3.1/:/usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/:/usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/6.3.1/:/usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/:/usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/6.3.1/../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/
LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/6.3.1/thumb/v7-m/:/usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/6.3.1/../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7-m/:/usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/6.3.1/:/usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/6.3.1/../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/
COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS='-v' '-T' 'stm32_flash.ld' '-L/usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.3/armv7-m' '-nostartfiles' '-mcpu=cortex-m3' '-mthumb' '-o' 'main.elf'
 /usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/6.3.1/collect2 -plugin /usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/6.3.1/liblto_plugin.so -plugin-opt=/usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/6.3.1/lto-wrapper -plugin-opt=-fresolution=/tmp/ccV58l22.res -plugin-opt=-pass-through=-lgcc -plugin-opt=-pass-through=-lc -X -o main.elf -L/usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.3/armv7-m -L/usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/6.3.1/thumb/v7-m -L/usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/6.3.1/../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/thumb/v7-m -L/usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/6.3.1 -L/usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/6.3.1/../../../arm-none-eabi/lib ugui/ugui.o timers.o utils.o main.o buttons.o eeprom.o usart1.o lcd_configurations.o lcd.o rtc.o pins.o ugui_driver/ugui_bafang_500c.o spl/src/stm32f10x_cec.o spl/src/stm32f10x_dma.o spl/src/stm32f10x_usart.o spl/src/stm32f10x_tim.o spl/src/stm32f10x_gpio.o spl/src/stm32f10x_iwdg.o spl/src/stm32f10x_sdio.o spl/src/stm32f10x_rcc.o spl/src/stm32f10x_dbgmcu.o spl/src/stm32f10x_spi.o spl/src/stm32f10x_can.o spl/src/stm32f10x_crc.o spl/src/stm32f10x_pwr.o spl/src/stm32f10x_exti.o spl/src/stm32f10x_fsmc.o spl/src/stm32f10x_flash.o spl/src/misc.o spl/src/stm32f10x_adc.o spl/src/stm32f10x_i2c.o spl/src/stm32f10x_wwdg.o spl/src/stm32f10x_rtc.o spl/src/stm32f10x_dac.o spl/src/stm32f10x_bkp.o spl/CMSIS/core_cm3.o spl/CMSIS/system_stm32f10x.o startup_stm32f10x_md.o -lgcc -lm -lnosys --gc-sections --start-group -lgcc -lc --end-group -T stm32_flash.ld
COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS='-v' '-T' 'stm32_flash.ld' '-L/usr/lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/4.9.3/armv7-m' '-nostartfiles' '-mcpu=cortex-m3' '-mthumb' '-o' 'main.elf'
...copying
arm-none-eabi-objcopy -Obinary  main.elf main.bin
arm-none-eabi-objdump -S main.elf > main.lst
Size:
arm-none-eabi-size main.elf
   text	   data	    bss	    dec	    hex	filename
 157724	    484	   2508	 160716	  273cc	main.elf
cas@ubuntu:~/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/Color_LCD/Bafang_LCD_850C/Bafang_LCD_850C_firmware/src$

casainho said:
andyme said:
casainho said:
andyme said:
Where are you stuck?

On my synaptic:

After you have it installed, execute "make" as I told before and here is the output and full build process for me:

ok...so i do have the synaptic window like you. but from here i am lost: how do i get the source into the virtual machine, where do i execute make...you see: i am lacking the basic knowledge...you must consider me as someone who has to land a plane but has never flown before.....sorry....so maybe it is very simple and i am just 2 steps away or so, or maybe it is much more complex...i cannot judge it...it looks like i am almost there..but who knows...

andyme said:
ok...so i do have the synaptic window like you. but from here i am lost: how do i get the source into the virtual machine, where do i execute make...you see: i am lacking the basic knowledge...you must consider me as someone who has to land a plane but has never flown before.....sorry....so maybe it is very simple and i am just 2 steps away or so, or maybe it is much more complex...i cannot judge it...it looks like i am almost there..but who knows...
To get the sources, is just standard git clone from a github project.

Install "git" on Synaptic and then do on a terminal:

Code:
git clone https://github.com/OpenSource-EBike-firmware/Color_LCD.git

Back