New "TSDZ2 Torque Sensor Central Motor"

Got mine built today, hoping to get it out on the trails this weekend. 36v 350w VLCD6

dameri said:
Yeah you got it. I recommend v0.19, I didn't remember that casainho released stable version. I have been riding with 0.19-beta8, which is same as v0.19.
Good luck.

Installed the stable release of 0.19 today. Using the trick with writing empty tabs. Works well! Thank you. Now the next step will be to install a temperature sensor. :)

eirikso said:
dameri said:
Yeah you got it. I recommend v0.19, I didn't remember that casainho released stable version. I have been riding with 0.19-beta8, which is same as v0.19.
Good luck.

Installed the stable release of 0.19 today. Using the trick with writing empty tabs. Works well! Thank you. Now the next step will be to install a temperature sensor. :)

You are Wellcome. It's nice to be helpful.

mittkonto said:
Nice one! Looking forward to it!
Btw, could you give it a quick go with the default 6v before you install the mosfet? :)
Thanks!
Yes have everything, will be redoing the lighting this weekend, curious to see what the draw is at different voltages myself.

I expect the TSDZ2 to trip the 6V line pretty quickly, I believe this light draws 6-8W of power.

hello good afternoon, a doubt to enable the accelerator in the version 0.19.X menu 8 option 5 enable or disable, it is the first time I install it and I do not recognize it, thank you very

Popo15 said:
hello good afternoon, a doubt to enable the accelerator in the version 0.19.X menu 8 option 5 enable or disable, it is the first time I install it and I do not recognize it, thank you very
Please refer to wiki instructions for the configurations and then you can ask what you do not understand from the instructions.

casainho said:
Popo15 said:
Please refer to wiki instructions for the configurations and then you can ask what you do not understand from the instructions.

Sorry for my English is the translator, I am with the wiki instructions according to configuration in the menu number 8 the accelerator is activated and deactivated, I have activated the accelerator and it does not recognize me, I ask if there is another option to activate the accelerator, many Thanks for your immediate reply. a greeting

Does anyone know what the minimum voltage my 36v tsdz2 will cut out at ?
Seems to have shut off at 35v today leaving half battery capacity.

No you don't have to flash firmware but you have to configure display after flashing new firmware.
I think battery low cut off is set for 48 V battery to 39 V. There is lot of config to do afters flashing.

I'm not interested in flashing any firmware, is there a way to set the low voltage on the VLCD6?

I'm pretty surprised and disappointed that it only uses half the battery ? And after reading most or this thread before purchasing no one has made mention of this?

Chewy said:
I'm not interested in flashing any firmware, is there a way to set the low voltage on the VLCD6?

I'm pretty surprised and disappointed that it only uses half the battery ? And after reading most or this thread before purchasing no one has made mention of this?

So do you use open source firmware or stock firmare? There is thread for VLCD5. I don't know if VLCD6 is supported.
Look here: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=98281&e=1&view=unread#unread

I'm having trouble figuring this firmware thing.

Can I flash firmware if I have the VLCD6 display?

Chewy said:

So try to get support from this shop: https://www.electrifybike.com/store/c37/TSDZ2_Flexible_Open_Source_Firmware_Products.html#/

Sorry for the dumb questions. Can I just flash the motor controller to change the low voltage cut off and not flash the LCD display at all?

All I want to do is change the low voltage setting in the motor, can I just do that alone changing a line of code ?

Chewy said:

Yes there is a version I use with lcd5 that also works with lcd6. Works way better than original firmware.

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=98281&start=200

All you need is stlink V2 programmer and some shrink wrap. Don’t bother with programming cable. Requires no cable cutting.

I am eyeing this motor for my new SomaFab Tradesman build, and have some questions:

1. Is there a way to run the TSDZ2 without any display connected? I am going for a clean look and want to avoid both the extra wires and attractiveness to thieves.

2. Can it be easily run with an external controller like the GrinTech Baserunner? Would this cure the 90 RPM cut-out, and have people experienced unforeseen issues with external controllers?

3. Can I use my existing chainring and cranks, and do I need an adapter to do so?

4. What is the maximum power limit I should use in order to avoid damaging my Shimano Alfine 8-speed IGH (not shifting under load)?

Thank you!

mctubster said:
mittkonto said:
Nice one! Looking forward to it!
Btw, could you give it a quick go with the default 6v before you install the mosfet? :)
Thanks!
Yes have everything, will be redoing the lighting this weekend, curious to see what the draw is at different voltages myself.

I expect the TSDZ2 to trip the 6V line pretty quickly, I believe this light draws 6-8W of power.

OK tried out my new light. It is a Busch + Muller Cyo E Premium 80 LUX.

My original light came with my TSDZ2 from PSWPower. It works OK but not bright enough for me.

Now the news.

TSDZ2 6V light. 1.57W
Busch + Muller Cyo E Premium 80 LUX on 6V (from the motor) 2.47W (ran for a few minutes, did not trip the 6V circuit
Busch + Muller Cyo E Premium 80 LUX on 36V (from the battery) 2.70W

Haven't compared the light output yet, hopefully I'm not disappointed by the expensive german light!

mctubster said:
OK tried out my new light. It is a Busch + Muller Cyo E Premium 80 LUX.

My original light came with my TSDZ2 from PSWPower. It works OK but not bright enough for me.

Now the news.

TSDZ2 6V light. 1.57W
Busch + Muller Cyo E Premium 80 LUX on 6V (from the motor) 2.47W (ran for a few minutes, did not trip the 6V circuit
Busch + Muller Cyo E Premium 80 LUX on 36V (from the battery) 2.70W

Haven't compared the light output yet, hopefully I'm not disappointed by the expensive german light!

That's good - that the wattage is close to at 36V. it's apparently driving it close to full power. I have a 100 LUX IQ-X (non-E) and I'd expect you won't be disappointed. The difference should be more than 1.57:2.47, as the B&M has a well controlled beam making much more effective use of its photons.

Still an open question then for the guy with the IQ-X-E is whether that can be driven directly. It's 150 LUX, so presumably will need ~4.6W, or ~0.75A.

(anyone reading along thinking these brightness number sound low, they're in LUX, not Lumens, so not comparable to the massive numbers quoted on cheap lights)

So I’ve rebuilt my spare TSDZ2 - put new controller in, installed metal gear, and shimmed the pedal axle to remove most of the play. This motor is going in my cargo bike. I’m ready to order a battery and was wondering. 2 things about v19 of the opensource software. 1) does overvolting the 36v motor with a 48v battery work well. 2) does the experimental high cadence work with a 48v Motor and how does this affect battery life ? The reason I ask is that I currently run v16 with experimental high cadence with a 36v motor and battery and while it is great, it seems to reduce battery life by about 25% to 30%.

Bartman said:
So I’ve rebuilt my spare TSDZ2 - put new controller in, installed metal gear, and shimmed the pedal axle to remove most of the play. This motor is going in my cargo bike. I’m ready to order a battery and was wondering. 2 things about v19 of the opensource software. 1) does overvolting the 36v motor with a 48v battery work well. 2) does the experimental high cadence work with a 48v Motor and how does this affect battery life ? The reason I ask is that I currently run v16 with experimental high cadence with a 36v motor and battery and while it is great, it seems to reduce battery life by about 25% to 30%.

If I had my time again I would go for a 11S battery to power my 36V motor. 10% more high torque RPMs, but more importantly not such a loss of torque at 90RPM as the battery discharges.

Having said that 11S - hard to get and requiring fancy battery charger. So 12S then ;)

Back