TSDZ2 mid drive with 860C, 850C or SW102 displays only -- Flexible OpenSource firmware (Casainho code only)

Buba, should I make a beta.1 version release??

maximusdm said:
I used aluminium, but it is very hard to make a good contact with the exterior case.
I was thinking about using this also, but not tried yet. Good contact is better for sure, but have you measured the temperature already as it is now? IMHO it should be lower, because the smaller air gap.
I don't know if it is possible to use thin alu tape for improving the contact.

perryscope said:
Is the Battery voltage used for the calculations measured at the screen or the motor?
I ask as i noticed that when i had a dodgy wet connection in my cable i could easily get a 0.5v volt drop at the screen compared to the actual battery voltage.

Ideally the voltage should be measured as close to the motor as possible for accuracy.
It is measured on the motor controller and is sent to the display.

So, all in all the v.0.20 beta1 will have minor fixes plus corrected watt/volt/power measurement, correct?

perryscope said:
Just a quick bit of feedback, I know not many people are using the Cadence assist mode in 0.20.x but for my one user who has the prosthetic leg having finally managed to try it, she is over the moon!. It has fixed her hunting issue altogether, so much so she has taken that trike home for more long ride testing. Personally i much prefer the Power assist mode or eMTB for my own use, but for some users a traditional pedal assist is still a good option.

Thanks again Buba for adding this mode to allow us to have the option.

And I am over the moon to hear that! What an absolutely wonderful thing to share with the community! I really do hope she finds it much more enjoyable and that it adds to the experience!

Thank you, Perryscope! That means a lot and I appreciate it!

Am very happy!

I look forward to seeing if in beta 1 there is a little more power. the alpha 10 version seems a little less powerful than the 19. Obviously other surprises are welcome :)

buba said:
casainho said:

Yeah, that would be great! :) Thank you!
What is the full change log from v0.19.0??

And there is an issue on Linux Makefile for the motor controller...

thineight said:
So, all in all the v.0.20 beta1 will have minor fixes plus corrected watt/volt/power measurement, correct?

The 0.20.0 Beta 1 has many small improvements to the feeling and experience. It has also more power and torque compared to previous Alpha versions. Then there is the volt/current/power correction. Feels like there is more still but those are the biggest changes.

I really do recommend the entire community to try out the 0.20.0 Beta 1! Sorry for the many 0.20.0 Alpha versions you all have had to go through to get here!

casainho said:
buba said:
casainho said:

Yeah, that would be great! :) Thank you!
What is the full change log from v0.19.0??

And there is an issue on Linux Makefile for the motor controller...

I will have to gather all the changes and write down on a list. Will also, of course, take a look at the Makefile. I do not use Linux for this project so that is why I have not noticed any issues. Do you have any error messages or anything when you are building on Linux?

EDIT: Will possibly test on my Linux machine but if you have any error messages to share I do not mind getting some data.

Will get back to you as soon as possible. Will have limited time tomorrow though.

Alfa10
The MAX speed (submenu 7.2) not showing correct values. When riding 30km/h the values bounce from 3 to 14km/h

Also while selecting 7.1 or 7.2 submenu ( average and max speed) the symbols AVG and MAX are not visible on display. Symbols are visible just once the submenu is selected.

elfnino said:
Alfa10
The MAX speed (submenu 7.2) not showing correct values. When riding 30km/h the values bounce from 3 to 14km/h

Also while selecting 7.1 or 7.2 submenu ( average and max speed) the symbols AVG and MAX are not visible on display. Symbols are visible just once the submenu is selected.

Will take a look! Thank you for letting me know! Will fix before 0.20.0 Beta 1 is released! Sorry for any inconvenience!

I think Casainho will now wait for me to:

1. Fix a list of the changes from 0.19.0

2. Fix Makefile on Linux for anyone trying to build on Linux

3. Solve the bugs you reported

Hello,

I did a few flashes of the KT lcd3 and now it is almost brick.

In the last 2 versions on boot all chars light up and after a few seconds it state working.
Now it lights up all symbols and it is frozen. I did write 4 different versions and the result is the same.
I had no crashes and I did not modified the LCD wiring.

Please some help.

Yesterday done the Eddy Merckx route in the Flemisch Ardens together with 5 other road ebikes.
1 x TSDZ2 36V OSF 20A5
3 x Bosch Active line
2 x hub motors
I was the only one that reached pedaling the top of the Paterberg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paterberg.
It was a 20°C sunny day and at the top, the motor temperature didn't felt hot (feeling by hand).
Ow I had very big smile on my face and was proud on what you guys have achieved. :bigthumb: :bigthumb:

bwb said:
Yesterday done the Eddy Merckx route in the Flemisch Ardens together with 5 other road ebikes.
1 x TSDZ2 36V OSF 20A5
3 x Bosch Active line
2 x hub motors
I was the only one that reached pedaling the top of the Paterberg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paterberg.
It was a 20°C sunny day and at the top, the motor temperature didn't felt hot (feeling by hand).
Ow I had very big smile on my face and was proud on what you guys have achieved. :bigthumb: :bigthumb:
Thanks for the link. I also just arrived home from riding starting early morning, me and my wife, also a very nice weather -- also many smile in our faces :)

I am also recovering as also a second surgery to happen soon, I can't walk, run or doing sports with high oscillations so we are now doing more road paths and near the beaches -- so nice the ebikes as machines for fun as also fitness/health.

TSDZ2 running our firmware, installed on a good bicycle and with the best battery cells in the market, very good experience!!!

maximusdm said:
Hello,

In the last 2 versions on boot all chars light up and after a few seconds it state working.
Now it lights up all symbols and it is frozen. I did write 4 different versions and the result is the same.

Please some help.

Do you have break sensors installed?
If so, Double check that the magnet are working at the right distance, if one is not working anymore properly the circuit closes and you will see all the symbols ON at startup.
This is now stated in the brake sensor wiki.

maximusdm said:
Hello,

Please some help.
Make sure rx and tx wires are well soldered and correct, as also the brake sensors are not active.

bwb said:
1 x TSDZ2 36V OSF 20A5
3 x Bosch Active line
2 x hub motors
Can you please share some data?
1. How many kilometers?
2. Battery Watts hours, number of cells and cells amps hour?
3. How many watts hours used?
4. Max or average motor power?
5. Picture of your ebike?

casainho said:
bwb said:
1 x TSDZ2 36V OSF 20A5
3 x Bosch Active line
2 x hub motors
Can you please share some data?
1. How many kilometers?
2. Battery Watts hours, number of cells and cells amps hour?
3. How many watts hours used?
4. Max or average motor power?
5. Picture of your ebike?

1. we did arround 52km in total
2. I have 10S5P 36V 17.5Ah battery
3. had +-297 Wh used
4. worst case, the motor delivered arround 620W
5. Standard city bike, have recently installed a 52T front sprocket. I have been riding 6 months standard sw, and now already 647km with 0.19 & 20.
Oxford_Scope_TSDZ2_36V .jpg

Well, since the OSF bike did perform much, much better then the Bosch and hub-bikes, I could ride upfront and was photographer on duty
EddyMerckx_route.jpg

bwb said:
3. had +-297 Wh used
5. Standard city bike, have recently installed a 52T front sprocket. I have been riding 6 months standard sw, and now already 647km with 0.19 & 20.

How could you climb a 20% slope with a 52t chainring? :shock:
You must have iron legs :mrgreen: .. or you just used constant 600w? Looks like you miss the right gears to climb that slopes.. and maybe Bosch systems couldn't supply more than legal power, that's why perhaps they couldn't make it to the top.
Did you check the heat of the motor once you reach the top of the hill?

@casainho, thineight
Thank you for quick help as always! I managed to crush the lcd cable between the frame and the motor :(.
I was lucky it was not ruined so I managed to give it a bit of tape and all is ok... for now.
The behaviour was very strange. I started to have burst of motor power and eventually no assistence.
Maybe this info heps other users as well.

@buba
I will test starting tomorrow latest version from 0.20 dev branch(beta1). Let you know how it feels.

thineight said:
bwb said:
3. had +-297 Wh used

How could you climb a 20% slope with a 52t chainring? :shock:
You must have iron legs :mrgreen: .. or you just used constant 600w? Looks like you miss the right gears to climb that slopes.. and maybe Bosch systems couldn't supply more than legal power, that's why perhaps they couldn't make it to the top.
Did you check the heat of the motor once you reach the top of the hill?
So your battery has 600 Wh and you used half of it.

Note that 620W at 36V is 17 amps, it is safe if for short periods and I suggest the temperature sensor so our firmware can automatically manage the motor max temperature VS motor power.

And yes, I also use a 52T to be able to ride at 45 / 50km/h in the flat roads. For climbing, I use the second plate of 34T and 40T at rear, otherwise I would have to climb very fast like at 12 kmh/s while I do 6 km/h, so, twice the torque.

Back