• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

martin.shane said:
OK. Java configurator... hmm. Another software besides SVTP?
Is there any step by step manual to do it as it is for 860C?
Configuration and flashing is not difficult.
The configurator settings are mostly on par with 860C settings, but with use of an grafical interface on PC
Start the configurator.jar - change the basic settings tab - hit "compile & Flash"

If you want dive deeper, change some other settings too and maybe those of the other tabs too.
Then I advice to read the configuration manual.

martin.shane said:
I think I will give up with LCD5 programming
Ofcourse, because there is nothing to flash :)

martin.shane said:
For the new version of OSF -V20.1c3 I have downloaded .hex file for programing controller but what about bootloader. Should I use V20.1C2 as I do not see updated version for 860C ( version 3)...
Sorry, I use stock display and have nothing to do with bootloaders and flashing the display, just an easy to use java configurator :wink:
Maybe a more experienced 860C user can answer this.

I have installed v0.20.1C3 for stock displays, but have a question about "motor deceleration" percentage vs default "motor fast stop"
If I understand well is fast stop the same as 100% deceleration ramp and 0% is standard setting as it was with older versions.
But what means such a percentage?

I find the default fast stop a bit too fast (it feels like a short braking), so want to set a percentage.
That is why I try to visualize what happens with changing the percentage of the deceleration.

I've been driving the Embrusa OSF since the first version, now I've done my first lap with the v0.20.1c3 and would like to leave a feedback. I pretty much use the standard configurations 36V 15A 500W, xh13, temperature sensor and thermal conductivity mod.

The v0.20.1c3 makes the engine much quieter and smoother. Field weakening works perfectly, I do not feel the transition and I have not noticed any loss of performance. Fast-stop is still great. The temperatures are significantly lower (for me about 45-50 degrees with an average of 250W/h and 22 degrees outside temperature). Everything works really fantastic. When I compare it with my Bosch Performance, there are no longer any weaknesses for me.

The only thing that struck me negatively during the last 70km is a more frequent (approx. 5 times) error E06 (overtemperature). Even though the temperature was around 45 degrees. The error is preceded by a short throttling of the power and then very briefly the E06, so short that you can hardly read it. Sometimes more often in a row. After a restart, the error does not occur again for the time being. In all previous versions, I had no such circumstance.

There is a small note, although I believe that this is due to the system (ist has been in c2, too). If you drive very slowly and without pressure, for example on the spot in a circle, so as not to get off at the traffic lights, the motor tends to jerk. The drive is then not smooth, but you notice a kind of stuttering as if the PWM were very low.

All in all, I am enthusiastic and very, very grateful for the efforts of all developers who have developed the firmware up to this point!

Elinx said:
I have installed v0.20.1C3 for stock displays, but have a question about "motor deceleration" percentage vs default "motor fast stop"
If I understand well is fast stop the same as 100% deceleration ramp and 0% is standard setting as it was with older versions.
But what means such a percentage?

I find the default fast stop a bit too fast (it feels like a short braking), so want to set a percentage.
That is why I try to visualize what happens with changing the percentage of the deceleration.
The acceleration and deceleration ramps are calculated as a function of wheel speed and pedal cadence within a predefined range of two values.
In the case of the deceleration ramp they are:
50 for low speed,
10 for high speed,
the lower the value the faster the ramp.
With the deceleration ramp%, the value at low speed is decreased and consequently also the intermediate values. The high speed value does not change.
Example (value a at low speed):
with motor deceleration = 0%, ramp step = 50.
With motor deceleration = 50%, ramp step = 30, ((50-10) * (100-50) / 100) +10.
With motor acceleration = 100%, ramp step = 10.
If with "Motor fast stop" enabled the stop is too abrupt, I recommend trying to disable it and set the deceleration ramp to 100%.
If it is not enough, lower to 50% and if not enough, 25%.
Otherwise setting 0% is the same as previous versions.

Anikea said:
There is a small note, although I believe that this is due to the system (ist has been in c2, too). If you drive very slowly and without pressure, for example on the spot in a circle, so as not to get off at the traffic lights, the motor tends to jerk. The drive is then not smooth, but you notice a kind of stuttering as if the PWM were very low.
What assistance mode are you using?
Do you have "Assist without pedaling" enabled?

mbrusa said:
What assistance mode are you using?
Do you have "Assist without pedaling" enabled?

I only used the power-assist Mode und assist without pedaling ist deactivated.

mbrusa said:
If with "Motor fast stop" enabled the stop is too abrupt, I recommend trying to disable it and set the deceleration ramp to 100%.
If it is not enough, lower to 50% and if not enough, 25%.
..setting 0% is the same as previous versions.
Thanks for your explanation.
If I understand well "motor fast stop" is even faster than 100% deceleration
My chain slacks for a short moment with that setting
I will try some values for deceleration.

Hi please can you publish your settings etc. for 860C in C3 firmware? I mean max speed,max current,motor acceleration,Motor
Deceleration,Motor faststop,Field weakening, ... and others...

1. Now I have a problem, I use 9 assistance levels, but from 1 to 5 I feel different(OK), but 6-9 I don't feel the difference. I tried a power assist and a hybrid assistant and it's the same.

add: this may be due to non-calibration of the torque sensor? I use default. Now I can not problem to heating the motor to 75 ° C.
in assit 1-3 I have too much power.

2. sometimes for example: power assist level 1 very slow speed pedaling. if I stop pedaling in motor I have strange sound of engine deceleration.

3. have you some ideas how to repair on brand new motor wobbling axis-left right-up down? and wobbling Chainwheel. not too much but wobbling.

:bigthumb: AND THANK you to all the OSF frimware engineers for continuous improvement :bigthumb:

freexxx said:
3. have you some ideas how to repair on brand new motor wobbling axis-left right-up down? and wobbling Chainwheel. not too much but wobbling.
Fit a bearing in the outer spider rather than an oil seal and bare in mind that when the load comes onto the bearing, it will lock the bearing as a unit, in other words at standstill just ignore that movement, its OK and normal.

Hi there I have literally just registered on here and have a load of questions, but first of all would like to say a big thank you for providing this OSF to all involved, keep up the great work.

Motor brought as 48v 500W with 13A battery with a throttle and VLCD6 display

I only had a TSDZ2 motor fitted for 2 weeks now and am a total newbie to it, after my first ride which I thought was ok in all fairness I used stock firmware I flashed firmware the day after (I waited for a few weeks for delivery of motor and the components to make up lead arrived within days so made it up :) )

I just cant operate the display at all to get the different modes I've read manual many times and can only get the E numbers to display when power levels are turned off. Anyway I keep flashing the firmware and trying different modes and values. Using default settings mainly or lower, for instance for both power assist and torque assist I am more than happy at level 3 so I have made those values as level 4 and worked values down and created a low level 1 as 20 which again is ok. ie default for power assist was 50,100,180,280 now i'm at 20,50,100,180

I'm using hybrid mode and love it, any way this is only issue i'd like to correct and this morning I have flashed again a few times to enable power assist mode at start up and then torque assist at startip but is still same. The issue is that with no resistance at all such as rolling down a hill (or stopping pedalling and gently starting again) the motor want to spin like mad. I want to feel the resistance initially. I can basically "pretend to pedal and bike moving like I using the throttle.

The assist with pedalling is not checked, and startup boost at startup is not checked I also tried the startup boost feature setting set at 0% in case was using the value. I tried the cadence start up values at both 0 and 50 just to try.

I suppose at end of the day I want a similar stock firmware with the wonderful features and adjustability thats been created by a great deal of talented people on here, I must admit if I have to live with this so be it, I'm not going back.

I ride a Fazua system bike which requires a lot of effort and is purely an assist, I suppose I'm trying to create this in modes 1 and 2 but 3 and 4 will be my "wow" modes which it already is.
Im not that fussed about altering using display but I think you'll all agree its a bit of overkill that if I want to change a value that I have to flash each time lol

Sorry for the 300 page essay but hope someone can help

Waynemarlow said:
freexxx said:
Fit a bearing in the outer spider rather than an oil seal and bare in mind that when the load comes onto the bearing, it will lock the bearing as a unit, in other words at standstill just ignore that movement, its OK and normal.

thanks .. you mean install next bearing on left or right side?

freexxx said:
See here

UAU :shock: it is cool solution
just insert the bearing and O-ring? some exact procedure "how to" you do not have please? This problem I read have more people

thanks Elinx,Waynemarlow :bigthumb:

BunnyMan69 said:
I just cant operate the display at all to get the different modes I've read manual many times and can only get the E numbers to display when power levels are turned off. .
Problem with the vlcd6 is you must long push the down button for light.
So if you must push 2+2+2 times for E04 mode, it takes a lot of patience and practice.
Also you only can change parameters with display with the configuration setting "set parameters on startup"

:bigthumb:
I’ve tried long press, short press the lot. I’m obviously doing wrong somehow. Wish I could see a video of someone operating a VLCD6. If I can sort the spinning motor out with barely pedalling and no resistance I’m sorted.

I have been using the software in our two bikes for over a year with almost no problems. So I would like to thank all the developers of this great software.

With the new software, I noticed a potentially dangerous problem on both bikes (1 of them with coaster brake):
I have double leg stands mounted on my bikes. The rear wheel can therefore rotate freely when parked. If you now turn the pedals the support of the motor starts. With the new software, the support no longer stops as long as the pedals remain in rotation due to friction. The rear wheel then rotates continuously at 25 km/h without any torque acting on the pedals.
This behavior (wheel rotates after short pressure on the pedal permanently with 25 km/h) is in my opinion a danger (at least for small children and pets) and also has an unfavorable effect on the level of the battery.
I have not tested the software further and returned to the v20.1C which works properly (support only at torque).

Best regards
Rainer

yes Rainer, this is a problem ... but if there will be new firmware, please can you add an option: Run password display: with setup option ... easy implementation I think... Where I live a lot of people are tempted to press buttons and start an e-bike. For example, a trip to a food store and lock the e-bike. bafan e-bike has it.

tr8 said:
I have been using the software in our two bikes for over a year with almost no problems. So I would like to thank all the developers of this great software.

With the new software, I noticed a potentially dangerous problem on both bikes (1 of them with coaster brake):
I have double leg stands mounted on my bikes. The rear wheel can therefore rotate freely

Mmm. Maybe this is same as my niggle. I will try older firmware in torque mode tomorrow like you

Rainer or TR8 has solved my problem. I couldn’t wait till tomorrow to try the old firmware again so just flashed again only using torque mode like he said. The 20.1c firmware which I had originally used only in Hybrid mode. I used the values that I think suit me at 20,50,80,120 I’m happy now. The motor does tend to run on a little more because of that quick stop feature not built in but can live with that.

A quick question also, the recommendations for acceleration for a 48v motor on 48v is 35, if I want slower do I go a higher or lower value. I know could flash again with higher and lower values to find out but what is the kindest setting for my motor?

BunnyMan69 said:
:bigthumb:
I’ve tried long press, short press the lot. I’m obviously doing wrong somehow. Wish I could see a video of someone operating a VLCD6. If I can sort the spinning motor out with barely pedalling and no resistance I’m sorted.
The parameter setting is done by turning the lights on and off, with VLCD6 it is inconvenient because you have to press the DOWN button for 2 seconds each time.
Please note that there are only 5 seconds to go from E02 to E03 and the same time to go to E04.
If when the lights are switched on for the first time (DOWN key 2 sec) E02 is not displayed, you probably have not enabled the "Set parameter", you can set it by default in the configurator at switch on.
If, on the other hand, E02 is displayed, turning off the lights (DOWN key 2 sec), the status change is displayed and then E02 flashing, if instead you need to pass to E03 after the status change it is necessary to immediately press the DOWN key for 2 seconds to turn it back on the lights, even without waiting for E02 flashing, before the time available runs out.
E03 will be displayed, same procedure as for E04.
If it still doesn't work, try increasing "Time to menu items" to 60/70 (6/7 seconds) in the configurator.

tr8 said:

I have double leg stands mounted on my bikes. The rear wheel can therefore rotate freely when parked. If you now turn the pedals the support of the motor starts. With the new software, the support no longer stops as long as the pedals remain in rotation due to friction. The rear wheel then rotates continuously at 25 km/h without any torque acting on the pedals.
This behavior (wheel rotates after short pressure on the pedal permanently with 25 km/h) is in my opinion a danger (at least for small children and pets) and also has an unfavorable effect on the level of the battery.
I have not tested the software further and returned to the v20.1C which works properly (support only at torque).

Best regards
Rainer
It can happen if the rotation of the wheel drags the chain which in turn turns the pedals and a very sensitive torque sensor.
Try to decrease the sensitivity of the torque sensor, see the calibration procedure.
Enter the value obtained with the maximum weight on the pedal in "Torque adc max".
While in "Torque adc offset" the value obtained without pressing on the pedals increasing it 10/15.
Enable "Torque sensor calibrated".
Enable "Torque sensor adv on startup".

Elinx said:
Thanks for your explanation.
If I understand well "motor fast stop" is even faster than 100% deceleration
My chain slacks for a short moment with that setting
I will try some values for deceleration.
Yes, with "Motor fast stop" stopping is faster than the 100% deceleration ramp.
I inadvertently left "Motor fast stop" enabled by default.
I recommend everyone to try to disable it.
Enable only if necessary.

Thanks Mbrusa for taking the time to reply, I definitely have not got “set parameters” selected. I thought that was to just set parameters and not the mode selections. Will try later today. I’ll also set my acceleration ramp to 20 instead of 35.

Thanks once again

As regards the spinning like Rainer I think the calibration process on my VLCD6 will be a work of art so will stick with older version because it seems exactly what I want. Unless you recommend some values I can manually enter into v3 version.

Back