TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

mbrusa said:
It is not a control problem. At start-up, the torque sensor self-calibration is activated to acquire the sensor value at no-load.
For this reason it is necessary not to push on the pedals.

I did a manual calibration and don't need auto-calibration at startup.

dddd.jpg

Lii said:
.....The female brain cannot perform complex sequences of actions ......
:shock:

The software calibration are the values for the range of the torquesensor.
Imho you need in the first place zero load on the pedal when starting the motor for some kind of hardware calibration.
With a foot on the pedal that range will be shifted, which has a negative influence on the sensitivity of the torquesensor.

Elinx said:
Lii said:
.....The female brain cannot perform complex sequences of actions ......
:shock:

The software calibration are the values for the range of the torquesensor.
Imho you need in the first place zero load on the pedal when starting the motor for some kind of hardware calibration.
With a foot on the pedal that range will be shifted, which has a negative influence on the sensitivity of the torquesensor.

Your words are absolutely correct in auto-calibration. But if the calibration is done manually, then it is no longer necessary to calibrate again and again every time the system is turned on.

p.s. Most women love flowers and beautiful landscapes. When the wife's bike gives a fault code after a short stop, it's bad. And I just want to solve this problem without forcing a woman to delve into the technical intricacies of sensor calibrations and the correct order to start TSDZ2. When she rides a Bosch bike, there are no DTCs. It is necessary to make that with TSDZ2 it was the same. Then the woman will be satisfied and will not ask to buy her a new bike with a Bosch engine))

When someone (be it male or female) does not understand something, it usually has something to do with the limited abilities of the person how tries to do the explaining....

Lii said:
Your words are absolutely correct in auto-calibration. But if the calibration is done manually, then it is no longer necessary to calibrate again and again every time the system is turned on......
Where have you read this?
imho this just your assumption, because of the known behaviour of the Bosch motor.

The auto calibration you mention means that the default zero/max range is chosen, instead of the software calibrated range.
Hardware calibration for the zero value is neccesary to associate the idle position of the torque sensor with measured zero value you have done. That is why there must be no load on the pedal for a couple of seconds, when starting the motor.
Probably the E05 now arises because a value lower than your zero value is detected.

Lii said:
PS. .........
When the wife's bike gives a fault code after a short stop, it's bad. ....
To prevent this, the most easy way is to start the display/motor before stepping on the bike.
Other easy solution is to give her a Bosch :wink:

Elinx said:
Lii said:
Your words are absolutely correct in auto-calibration. But if the calibration is done manually, then it is no longer necessary to calibrate again and again every time the system is turned on......
Where have you read this?
imho this just your assumption, because of the known behaviour of the Bosch motor.

The auto calibration you mention means that the default zero/max range is chosen, instead of the software calibrated range.
Hardware calibration for the zero value is neccesary to associate the idle position of the torque sensor with measured zero value you have done. That is why there must be no load on the pedal for a couple of seconds, when starting the motor.
Probably the E05 now arises because a value lower than your zero value is detected.

Lii said:
PS. .........
When the wife's bike gives a fault code after a short stop, it's bad. ....
To prevent this, the most easy way is to start the display/motor before stepping on the bike.
Other easy solution is to give her a Bosch :wink:
Have you heard of devices like EEPROM? They are able to remember data, calibrations, sensor offsets and other parameters even when the power is turned off. The TSDZ controller has an EEPROM. It remains only to save in it those sensor offsets that you write about .. There is no need to find out this data again every time if you have not replaced the mechanical parts of the engine or the torque sensor itself. In the automotive world, this is called "stored adaptation values". Once again, I repeat especially for you - there is no need to re-execute the "training" procedure every time you turn on the system. It is enough to access the EEPROM and use the already saved sensor training data.

I like the latest version from mbrusa. It runs very smoothly and with good power. Fixed all the shortcomings of previous versions. I don't see the difference between Bosch and TSDZ-2 with the mbrusa version, although the TSDZ-2 motor itself is worse than Bosch. Therefore, I see no reason to change my wife's bike to Bosch. I believe that the problem with the DTC will be solved sooner or later.

I now have four tsdz2 and I've also done a lot of calibrating both software and hardware.

The torque sensor of the tsdz2 is the biggest weak point. the values ​​it delivers sometimes change very strongly due to temperature differences or simply over time. if you want to operate the system as sensitively as possible with a low threshold, this works if the engine calibrates these changes. otherwise this can quickly lead to the engine starting to run without touching the pedal. so calibration is the best way in my opinion. the alternative would be to choose a starting value with a lot of leeway, which worsens the response.

Apart from that, I find it almost embarrassing when you appear in an open source project that you obviously didn't contribute to the developers who sacrifice their free time for us. if you don't like the software, you can develop it yourself. but this reproachful, demanding tone doesn't work at all.

Anikea said:
Apart from that, I find it almost embarrassing when you appear in an open source project that you obviously didn't contribute to the developers who sacrifice their free time for us. if you don't like the software, you can develop it yourself. but this reproachful, demanding tone doesn't work at all.

:thumb:
Agree 100%

Anikea said:

I think you are taking on too much! What would tell me on which forums I should appear and in which projects to participate! Enough! Look in the mirror and discuss yourself! I write to the developers everything that I think is necessary and I certainly will not ask permission from some illiterate freebie seekers for this.

mbrusa said:
Dudarus1 said:
good evening

hopefully someone can help before i buy a new display.

i recently decided to give open source firmware a go on my tsdz2 however i have had problems flashing my 850c display. i have all the cables from eco cycles the problem is it flashes says its successful but will not power on. i cant seem to find a copy of the stock firmware for the 850c to flash back to stock i did however find maxicolour850c firmware so i flashed that and the display turns on, i have tried osf and your fork but the display refuses to work.

is there any thing i can try before i purchases a new display

thanks in advance Jake
There are two firmware versions for 850C.
850C_v20.1C.2-bootloader.bin, for displays up to 2020.
850C_2021_v20.1C.2-bootloader.bin, for 2021 displays.
Check the date on the back of the display.
There are two firmware versions for 850C.
850C_v20.1C.2-bootloader.bin, for displays up to 2020.
850C_2021_v20.1C.2-bootloader.bin, for 2021 displays.
Check the date on the back of the display
Obviously for the motor you have to use version v20.1C.2 or v20.1C.3.

Good Morning,

I've experienced the same. I've tested the cabels with another Display and they are ok. Unfortunately my Display also wont go on with the 2021 Version. I also flashed the maxicolour850c firmware and it worked. But unfortunately not with 850C_2021_v20.1C.2-bootloader.bin and C3/C4.

The Display is a APT 850C V2.3A01LB60 XF2.0 V5.2 202112160248

Does anybody have an idea?

Thank you in advance - Konstantin

Hello again,

I've tried it on a second P850C display with the 850C_2021_v20.1C.4-bootloader.bin. Then with the 850C_v20.1C.4-bootloader.bin Unfortunately it does also not work... :?:
The Display model seam similar: APT 850C TFTAPM1EV2.3LF60 XF2.0 V5.2 202106240091 :confused:

I am not into coding therefore I don't have a clue how to solve that problem on my own.

Do you have any idea? :bigthumb:

I fear, that the problem, that the OSF won't work any more on the P850C display may increase.
I went through the whole thread and I found 3 to 4 other User experiencing this problem.
Therefore I have contacted APT if they would provide the bootloader they are using on this revision.
Since the Maxicolour Software from Bikel.pl works on this display revision I also asked them if they can provide the bootloader they are using.
If I manage to organize the missing software for this hardware revision. Can someone put them together with the OSF?
Unfortunately i am no coder.

All the best - Konstantin

Thanks Mbrusa for the new version! :thumb:

I've a bit of a noob question about flashing the firmware (been a while...) - if I'm running the .C3 version would I need to flash the Data Memory as well as the Option Memory?

What's in the Data and Option Memories anyway?

Thanks and best regards.

Hi guys,
I want just to leave a feedback on my experience with this firmware.
First of all I want to thank mbrusa, casainho and all the people who made this firmware available, I'm really grateful for your hard work!

I've just bought the 36V 250w torque version of TSDZ2 from PSWpower Europe (shipped from Germany to Italy) with a 48V 20Ah battery and I used TSDZ2-v20.1C.2 firmware version with VLCD5 display and after one week of testing, I can say that it works wonderfully.

For all the procedure I used Windows 10 on a virtual machine (VMWare Fusion) in Mac OSX Mojave and everything worked fine, I just had to install the required softwares in the default position and then I copied the folders installed there directly in C.

Thank you so much!

I have only a question about the use of the VLCD5 with TSDZ2-v20.1C.2 mbrusa firmware:

How can I activate the function startup boost?

I red all the manual of the modified version of the display but I'm still a little bit confused. I can change assist modes but when I'm in the E03 position of the first level (after activating SET PARAMETER function) I don't know which button I have to press in order to activate that function. For changing assist mode it's easy because I have only to press On/off button until I see the right code but for activating startup boost It's not so intuitive.

Thanks

hermes127 said:
.... I don't know which button I have to press in order to activate that function. For changing assist mode it's easy because I have only to press On/off button until I see the right code but for activating startup boost It's not so intuitive....
For (de)activating "Start-up boost" you only have to wait after 4 pushes on the light button with Level 1.

FYI:
Here I have some short description how to select other modes

Charlie Whiskey said:
Thanks Mbrusa for the new version! :thumb:

I've a bit of a noob question about flashing the firmware (been a while...) - if I'm running the .C3 version would I need to flash the Data Memory as well as the Option Memory?

What's in the Data and Option Memories anyway?

Thanks and best regards.
In the versions for 860C only the hex file of the program must be flashed, in the data file there is nothing, in the option byte file there are the configuration data of the microcontroller, they must not be changed.
Obviously, for an update to C4, the display must also be flashed.

Hi @mbrusa;
I still have trouble understanding how to do a torquesensor calibration with the xh-18 display (and firmware version v20.1C.2-VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18):
I only find instructions for that calibration here:
https://github.com/OpenSourceEBike/TSDZ2_wiki/wiki/How-to-calibrate-the-torque-sensor
But that does not work w/ the std xh-18 displays, as there is no way to enter multiple the weight - ADC combinations.
(Or does "Calibrated" in the v20.1C.2 Version mean just entering the "no weight" and "max weight" ADC values in the Java configurator?)

-> Can you provide an idiots guide for calibration with the xh-18 display?
Maybe even with "Estimated" enabled and disabled in the configurator?

endlessolli said:
.. have trouble understanding how to do a torquesensor calibration with the xh-18 display.....
I only find instructions for that calibration here:.....

-> Can you provide an idiots guide for calibration with the xh-18 display?...
The instructions for calibration you can find inside the operation manual on page 4

"Torque sensor ADC calibration.
In this menu position with E04 flashing, by pressing the lights button again (on), the ADC value of the torque
sensor is displayed for 5 seconds, by pressing it again (off) the display time increases to 25 seconds,
sufficient to obtain the ADC calibration values to be entered in the configurator.
The ADC value of the torque sensor without any push on the pedals in "Pedal torque ADC offset".
The ADC value of the torque sensor with the maximum thrust applied to the pedal (cyclist standing, on the
right pedal in horizontal position) in “Pedal torque ADC max”.
To end the operation before the end of the time, change the level, or continue for the next calibration."

In short:
- Select Level 1
- For E04, Push light/power button 6 times (2+2+2)
- E04 flashing, press light/power again and again (another 2 times)
- Now you have 25 seconds to do the calibration
- Read zero value (three digits)
- Stand on the pedal, read max value (three digits)

- Insert these values inside the javaconfigurator
- Enable estimated and torque calibrated on tab1
- Flash controller again

Great!
Thanks Elinx; I‘ll try that.
I read these 2 PDFs many times, but must have overread that part...
So, with hx-18 calibration is always a linear interpolation from 2 values (min, max) instead of the multipoint interpolation with the non oem displays, correct?

endlessolli said:
So, with hx-18 calibration is always a linear interpolation from 2 values (min, max) instead of the multipoint interpolation with the non oem displays, correct?
With all mbrusa builds this is the case.
It is to regulate and limit the influence of the sensitivity of different torque sensors on the assist factor.

That multipoint calibration is effective for displaying human power more secure and only is done by Casainho builds.
With mbrusa builds this is done with a weight of about 20-25kg. (see page 5 of the operation manual)

Back