• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

nastslay said:
hi all i got my motor and 850c display from pswpower (https://pswpower.com/products/europe-or-china-stock-48v-500w-or-750w-42t-vlcd5-tsdz2-electric-bicycle-mid-motor-with-torque-sensor-throttle-e-brake-lever-88)

i got st link v2 and bootloader box (diy) everything i need for flashing OSF, i've chosen 850c because i read it is compatible with OFS :D while getting deeper into ofs subject i found out it is not... .....
Because you bought this display together with Tsdz2, it is a stock display and you can't and don't need to flash this display.
You can use this 850C with mbrusa OSF for stock display.
In that case you only need to flash the controller. with STlink and Java configurator

mbrusa said:
hermes127 said:
Thanks mbrusa for your help! I have to buy a new motor because my previous one has been stoled and I use your firmware usually in cadence mode that's why I want to add brake sensors so I think the best way is buying the TSDZ2B 48V 500W version from PSWpower (throttle version and 8PIN VLCD5 cable) but the question is: with your firmware can I use only the brake sensors function without throttle? I don't want the throttle which makes the motor illegal in Italy so I'll not install it. By the way your firmware is amazing, I really appreciated your work thank you so much!
Hello hermes127,
of course you can only install the brake sensors, without installing the throttle.

In the configurator:
"Brake" enabled.
"Throttle" disabled.

I'm curious, why do you prefer cadence mode?
Hi, thank you so much for your fast response! Usually for short distances I use street mode ("street mode enabled on startup" legal way 25km/h and 250W torque mode) because I have just to turn on the bike and it's ready to go, but for long distances (5-10 km) I prefer cadence mode and off-road enabled (500W 35km/h) because it's more relaxing, I have just to move the pedals...the only problem in cadence mode is that when you go slow or when you start the motor is not progressive and it's a little bit "nervous" (just a small movement of the pedals and motor kick in) that's why I want to use the brake sensors for having more control. Another thing that is a little bit annoying (and this is not a critic but a suggestion for future improvements) is the fact that I have to enable off-road mode and then cadence mode...is there a way to put a setting option for enabling both options in one preset so I have only to enable one thing? I can understand if is not possible but if it's something easy to implement I thing it could be a useful improvement. Have a nice day and thanks again for your work!

w0utje said:
mbrusa said:
w0utje said:
The newer firmware doesnt work completely, cant unlock it. The firmware where before that one works flawlessly on the 850c.
Even the 5 assist levels seem to work. The B version of the tsdz2 has a way better paddle experience after the 25km/u legal speed. I like it.
The not unlucking to offroad mode in 1 is probably because of setting of the 5 modes 2 till 5 I quess?:
What do you mean by "The newer firmware doesnt work completely, cant unlock it."?
You are trying this version?
https://github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-0/archive/refs/heads/master.zip

Have you seen this post:

mbrusa said:
Testi said:
I have a problem with switching to offroad mode. I am using the DZ41 Display and newest beta.
The DZ41 has the same buttons as the SW102.
I can switch the lights on by holding the + button for 3-4 seconds. When I do that on mode 0, it shows "02" and the warning light flashes. I can turn off the lights by holding again the + button.
If i turn on the lights in mode 1, it first shows "99", and then after a few seconds "54".
Anyone has experience in switching to offroad mode with SW102?
If "Set parameter on startup" is disabled in the configurator, you must first enable it on the display.
Level 0, switch the lights on and off immediately, then at level 1 (with DZ41 it will be level 2), switch the lights on and off immediately.
Attention, after switching on the lights, the time available to switch off is 5 seconds.
If it takes 3 - 4 seconds for the button to respond, it is appropriate to increase the "Time to menu items" in the configurator to 6 - 7 seconds (60 - 70).
Yeah saw that one, with the "modded/last" one u posted I cant enter offroad mode in support mode 1 on the display 850c. It goes to e2 but that does not unlock it. With the software that I was running on my normal tsdz2 and with the 850c connected it works in support mode 1 to enter 'offroad"mode with just holding the lightbutton 1 (2 times) second to turn it on and off again.
So was wondering if maybe with the 5 support modes software u compiled I had to change to offroad mode in support mode 2?
Using the "master" software yeah, that doesnt unlock to offroad mode. The latest older one does, c1?
You repeated the questions, maybe you didn't see the answers in previous posts.
mbrusa said:
All displays for TSDZ2 with 6 pin connector and Tonsheng protocol should work with OSF for stock display, set as VLCD5. It is necessary to check if the display of data and errors is working correctly.
It means that the controls work for sure: level change, walk assist, lights on / off.
Changing the parameters should also work, because it is based on turning lights on / off.
The time between switching on and off is limited, read this answer, it is also valid for 850C:
mbrusa said:
If "Set parameter at start-up" is disabled in the configurator, it must first be enabled on the display.
Level 0, turn the lights on and off immediately, then at level 1 (with DZ41 it will be level 2), turn the lights on and off immediately.
Attention, after switching on the lights, the time available for switching off is 5 seconds.
If it takes 3 - 4 seconds before the button responds, it is advisable to increase the "Time to menu items" of the configurator to 6 - 7 seconds (60 - 70).
The display sequence may not work correctly, when the lights are switched on: parameter code-> parameter status, when lights are switched off: status change-> flashing code, but the command works if done within the foreseen time.

If 850C for TSDZ2 has 5 levels, those that can be set in the configurator and also for changing parameters are moved forward by 1:
mbrusa said:
The Tongsheng protocol has 5 levels, only 4 are used in stock views, the fifth not used is between 0-OFF and 1-ECO.
Therefore, the configurator levels from 1 to 4, on the display, will be from 2 to 5. The assistance at level 1 on the display is 70% (configurable in main.h) of the ECO levels of the configurator. "
Regarding the parameter change procedure, between versions C1 and C2, nothing has changed.

hermes127 said:
Hi, thank you so much for your fast response! Usually for short distances I use street mode ("street mode enabled on startup" legal way 25km/h and 250W torque mode) because I have just to turn on the bike and it's ready to go, but for long distances (5-10 km) I prefer cadence mode and off-road enabled (500W 35km/h) because it's more relaxing, I have just to move the pedals...the only problem in cadence mode is that when you go slow or when you start the motor is not progressive and it's a little bit "nervous" (just a small movement of the pedals and motor kick in) that's why I want to use the brake sensors for having more control. Another thing that is a little bit annoying (and this is not a critic but a suggestion for future improvements) is the fact that I have to enable off-road mode and then cadence mode...is there a way to put a setting option for enabling both options in one preset so I have only to enable one thing? I can understand if is not possible but if it's something easy to implement I thing it could be a useful improvement. Have a nice day and thanks again for your work!
I am surprised that someone uses cadence mode, I have always considered it an emergency mode, in case of failure of the torque sensor.
The same for the torque mode, in case of cadence sensor failure.
If you haven't tried it yet, try the hybrid mode, it's for those who want to make little effort. And set "Street power limit" to 500W.
With the proper assistance parameters (levels), you will not return to cadence mode.

mbrusa said:
You repeated the questions, maybe you didn't see the answers in previous posts.

I saw the answer and tried it, with the version "Master" software on 2 tsdz2b motors with 850c. Me and a friend of mine just can not unlock to offroad mode with that Master version. Set the time to 60 and 70 and the rest of the settings the same as with previous c1 but, it gives a flashing 2 but power en speeds are still limited. Tried on assist level 1 and 2, on both happens the same.
If I install c1 version again it instantly unlocks power and max speed> on assistance level 1 with putting lights on and off.

mbrusa said:
Regarding the parameter change procedure, between versions C1 and C2, nothing has changed.
So maybe nothing changed between Master and previous c1, but I cant get it to work with the master software :wink:

mbrusa said:
Ok clear, unfortunately I don't have an 850C to test.
Have you also tried the C2-1 version in signature?
Will try that one maybe tomorrow.

Hi guys, My sister in law have a bike with a TSDZ2 motor on it. My brother build the bike, i did the swap from stock firmware to custom fw.

She have some issues with the trip meter, it reset sometimes, and i want to flash the latest versions of the custom fw on the bike.
Current files in use, flashed on 7-6-2021
850C_v20.1C-bootloader.bin & TSDZ2-v20.1C.1-860C.hex

TSDZ2 with 48v battery and 850C display.

Now when i look at it again, it's a bit overwhelming, is the emmebrusa repo the way to go now? if so, which files i need to pick now?
https://github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-860C/releases

mbrusa said:
hermes127 said:
I am surprised that someone uses cadence mode, I have always considered it an emergency mode, in case of failure of the torque sensor.
The same for the torque mode, in case of cadence sensor failure.
If you haven't tried it yet, try the hybrid mode, it's for those who want to make little effort. And set "Street power limit" to 500W.
With the proper assistance parameters (levels), you will not return to cadence mode.
Ok thank you, I'll try it.

w0utje said:
mbrusa said:
I saw the 850C manual, the error number display is not in the odometer field like VLCD5 but in a dedicated field like XH18, it is easier to understand if the parameter change works.
You can try to set XH18 in the configurator, then on the display when you change the parameter from street to offroad with E02, when the lights are switched on you should immediately see the status in the odometer field 10.x (street) and when the lights are switched off change to 00.0 (offroad ), with E02 flashing.
Attention, setting as XH18, the error codes are different from VLCD5.

SuperSl0w said:
Hi guys, My sister in law have a bike with a TSDZ2 motor on it. My brother build the bike, i did the swap from stock firmware to custom fw.

She have some issues with the trip meter, it reset sometimes, and i want to flash the latest versions of the custom fw on the bike.
Current files in use, flashed on 7-6-2021
850C_v20.1C-bootloader.bin & TSDZ2-v20.1C.1-860C.hex

TSDZ2 with 48v battery and 850C display.

Now when i look at it again, it's a bit overwhelming, is the emmebrusa repo the way to go now? if so, which files i need to pick now?
https://github.com/emmebrusa/TSDZ2-Smart-EBike-860C/releases
The link is correct, the files are:
850C_v20.1C.4-1-bootloader.bin for the display.
TSDZ2-v20.1C.4-860C-1.hex for the motor.

mbrusa said:
w0utje said:
mbrusa said:
I saw the 850C manual, the error number display is not in the odometer field like VLCD5 but in a dedicated field like XH18, it is easier to understand if the parameter change works.
You can try to set XH18 in the configurator, then on the display when you change the parameter from street to offroad with E02, when the lights are switched on you should immediately see the status in the odometer field 10.x (street) and when the lights are switched off change to 00.0 (offroad ), with E02 flashing.
Attention, setting as XH18, the error codes are different from VLCD5.
On the 850c it shows yellow on the bottom of the screen. So vlcd5 settings works, u see something change. But will try xh18 and vlcd5 settings probably tomorrow morning. Thanks!

Vldc5 setting with the master and that c2-1 version both cant get it to go in offroad mode. will try xh18 option tomorrow. Got to work now. Strange thing is that in street mode it starts with support straight away. If I put it in offroad mode, it still limited till 25 kph but assistance starts after like 9/10kph. So something changes but cant get assistence from 0 kph then en speeds remains locked on 25 when I set it to something higher.

Elinx said:
nastslay said:
hi all i got my motor and 850c display from pswpower (https://pswpower.com/products/europe-or-china-stock-48v-500w-or-750w-42t-vlcd5-tsdz2-electric-bicycle-mid-motor-with-torque-sensor-throttle-e-brake-lever-88)
Because you bought this display together with Tsdz2, it is a stock display and you can't and don't need to flash this display.
In that case you only need to flash the controller. with STlink and Java configurator

Thank you for clarification, i managed to flash new firmware successfully i guess( is there any way to check if firmware is loaded?), i used v20.1C.2 update 1

i have tested the set up (i use stock 850c) and motor cuts off at 28km/h at level 5 even though i set max speed offroad mode 40km/h. I went through previous post and i followed mbrusa answer:
If "Set parameter on startup" is disabled in the configurator, you must first enable it on the display.
Level 0, switch the lights on and off immediately, then at level 1 (with DZ41 it will be level 2), switch the lights on and off immediately.
Attention, after switching on the lights, the time available to switch off is 5 seconds.
If it takes 3 - 4 seconds for the button to respond, it is appropriate to increase the "Time to menu items" in the configurator to 6 - 7 seconds (60 - 70).

today morning i tested above instructions, motor was working as i wanted i reached 40km/h (37km/h up hill :D ) then i come back home to finish cable work around the bike, went for a ride again and it did not work ;/ i've tried multiple times same sequence but i could not get it to work again. motor cuts off at 28km/h again. I think i do something wrong but do not know what.
a0Yw30Y.jpg

nastslay said:
Elinx said:
nastslay said:

Thank you for clarification, i managed to flash new firmware successfully i guess( is there any way to check if firmware is loaded?), i used v20.1C.2 update 1

i have tested the set up (i use stock 850c) and motor cuts off at 28km/h at level 5 even though i set max speed offroad mode 40km/h. I went through previous post and i followed mbrusa answer:

today morning i tested above instructions, motor was working as i wanted i reached 40km/h (37km/h up hill :D ) then i come back home to finish cable work around the bike, went for a ride again and it did not work ;/ i've tried multiple times same sequence but i could not get it to work again. motor cuts off at 28km/h again. I think i do something wrong but do not know what.
a0Yw30Y.jpg

Did you try disabling street mode?

nastslay said:
... motor cuts off at 28km/h again. I think i do something wrong but do not know what....
In your screenshot you have enabled "streetmode" and disabled "set parameters" at startup.
In tab 2 (assistence settings) you see the speed with streetmode.
If you change nothing it will be 25km/h 250W.

You have several solutions:
1. After startup set level 0 push 2x light button to enable parametersetting, set level 1 push 2x lightbutton to disable streetmode temporary as long the display and motor is switched on.
Or with javaconfigurator (and flashing):
2. Change the speed/power of streetmode too with the same speed/power setting as with tab 1 (basic settings).
3. Disable streetmode at startup.

w0utje said:
atlet said:

Yeah that works, but the nice feature is that u can switch it on the fly.

Exactly switching between street and off-road mode worked only one time for me. Tomorrow I will try disabling it and flashing again

nastslay said:
w0utje said:
atlet said:

Exactly switching between street and off-road mode worked only one time for me. Tomorrow I will try disabling it and flashing again
I cant get the latest version to work on my 850c, older version work but the master and c2-1 the offroad mode cant be enabled.

w0utje said:
nastslay said:
w0utje said:
atlet said:

I cant get the latest version to work on my 850c, older version work but the master and c2-1 the offroad mode cant be enabled.

Why you just not come back to older version?

Just a sucker for updated stuff, but will do that. And hope mbrusa figures it out.

w0utje said:

Are you sure you tested to switch to offroad mode on assist level 2 and not level 1?
850C has 5 levels, on the newest OSF version you have to change it on level 2 if your display uses 5 levels.

Testi said:
w0utje said:

Are you sure you tested to switch to offroad mode on assist level 2 and not level 1?
850C has 5 levels, on the newest OSF version you have to change it on level 2 if your display uses 5 levels.
Omg, it worked for me straight away on lvl 2 thx

nastslay said:
Testi said:
w0utje said:

Omg, it worked for me straight away on lvl 2 thx

Same here, haha. I am a bot...

Back