TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

... just wondered if configurator was able to do this as the values are easier to understand...
No, this isn't possible because the Java configurator starts a compiling script for SDCC and after that a flash script for binairy code with STVP.
It isn't easy (read almost impossible) to convert (decompile) binairy code to programcode again.

No, this isn't possible because the Java configurator starts a compiling script for SDCC and after that a flash script for binairy code with STVP.
It isn't easy (read almost impossible) to convert (decompile) binairy code to programcode again.
Thank you. I really appreciate you taking time to provide an explanation, that makes sense and why it isn't an available function in the Java configurator.

Hello I installed the v20.1C.4-860C-update-3 and it works without any problems. But it's normal that the 860C crashes sometimes in the settings when you change to much?

EDIT: It doesn't crash if you change only one setting and then leave the settings menu and return to it and now you change the next setting.

PXL_20230717_205038843.MP.jpg

Last edited:
It's an already reported bug that I've replied to other times.
The display blocking in the configuration menus is a known problem, reported by other users, it is very pronounced on SW02.
It is then necessary to disconnect the battery.
It also happens on the 860C, but it's less frequent. It also happened in the 860C version of Casainho.
Unfortunately I could not figure out why, because when it happens, the display freezes and debugging is not possible.
With 860C there is a method to avoid this inconvenience,
Only change one menu at a time, then turn the display off and on again before entering another menu.
Try if it also works with SW102.

guys @stackoverflow say that you can but not to original programming language

guys @stackoverflow say that you can but not to original programming language
Yes, I too think it will be possible, but can't imagine you get a logical readable programcode again, as now for the original source code.
Now you find all settings in just one file, but imho this will not be the case with decompiled code.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen these error codes before? What do they mean, and how are they fixed? They are on a new install.
0x8013f9a
SAL30399012K
0x80060B2

Has anyone seen these error codes before? What do they mean, and how are they fixed? They are on a new install.
0x8013f9a
SAL30399012K
0x80060B2
Hi Jeff.
0x80060b2 is a known bug, already answered in post #2.056
0x8013f9a and SAL30399012K, never seen.
How do you get them?

Hi,
do I understand correctly that while throttle can be used with stock firmware even without brakes ("VLCD6 NO BRAKE" as sold by PSWPower, tested by me), it is not possible with latest release of firmware/configurator?
Hi all, I came to discover this TSDZ2 OSF thread and became interested because I have this motor installed on one of my bikes. But I have a basic question: There is frequent mention of cadence assist or combined cadence and torque assist. How can this be, because the Tongsheng system does not have a cadence sensor measuring pedal rpm?

Hi all, I came to discover this TSDZ2 OSF thread and became interested because I have this motor installed on one of my bikes. But I have a basic question: There is frequent mention of cadence assist or combined cadence and torque assist. How can this be, because the Tongsheng system does not have a cadence sensor measuring pedal rpm?
TSDZ2 does have a cadence sensor - as well as a torque sensor: The magnets are arranged around the rotating coil of the torque sensor and the hall sensor for picking up the signal is integrated in the controller.

Thank you so much for information regarding the cadence sensor. It is a revelation to me for sure. Does anyone have a diagram showing the arrangement of the magnets, Hall sensors, and coils within the torque sensor because I am curious about the design? How did you learn about these details?

Is there a wiki showing disassembly and parts list for the TSDZ2B with helical gears?
No, but the dissambly of the Tsdz2b is exactly the same as Tsdz2.
For the gears, only white gear and maingear are different, but sizes are the same and interchangeable with blue gear and old single clutch maingear.
The other differences are not about gearing, relative small and doesn't have influence on the dissambly.

The Tsdz2 has from 2018 already helical gears.
Only older versions from 2016 have straight gears.

Last edited:
UPDATE 2: It's all working now. Flashing with the new firmware didn't work, but enabling walk mode in the VLCD5 secret menu did. Its a case of find a manual and then RTFM !

UPDATE 1: I resolved the ebike_app.c errors by removing SDCC V4.3 and installed SDCC V4.1 The compile now runs cleanly. I"ll flash the firmware over the weekend and report back.

============================================================================================

I can't get walk mode to work. Last night I changed over my KTLCD3 (broken) to a VLCD 5 and flashed OSF V20.1 C2 update 2 using the java configurator 4.3. Everything physically works except when I hold down the - key for 3 seconds the walk assist does not kick in. Also when I set parameter for street mode I don't get a 0 or 1 in E02, I get a 0 and 10 mph when I change it.

When compiling the firmware (win 10) I get errors (see below). Are these normal and are they related to walk mode not working ? I've attached screen shots of the configurator. I'm using SDCC 4.3.0

ebike_app.c:458: warning 283: function declarator with no prototype
ebike_app.c:459: warning 283: function declarator with no prototype
ebike_app.c:460: warning 283: function declarator with no prototype
ebike_app.c:461: warning 283: function declarator with no prototype
ebike_app.c:462: warning 283: function declarator with no prototype
ebike_app.c:463: warning 283: function declarator with no prototype
ebike_app.c:464: warning 283: function declarator with no prototype
ebike_app.c:465: warning 283: function declarator with no prototype
ebike_app.c:466: warning 283: function declarator with no prototype
ebike_app.c:467: warning 283: function declarator with no prototype
ebike_app.c:470: warning 283: function declarator with no prototype
ebike_app.c:471: warning 283: function declarator with no prototype
ebike_app.c:474: warning 283: function declarator with no prototype
ebike_app.c:475: warning 283: function declarator with no prototype
ebike_app.c:737: warning 283: function declarator with no prototype
ebike_app.c:839: warning 283: function declarator with no prototype
ebike_app.c:922: warning 283: function declarator with no prototype
ebike_app.c:977: warning 283: function declarator with no prototype
ebike_app.c:1087: warning 283: function declarator with no prototype
ebike_app.c:1204: warning 283: function declarator with no prototype
ebike_app.c:1355: warning 283: function declarator with no prototype
ebike_app.c:1458: warning 283: function declarator with no prototype
ebike_app.c:1490: warning 283: function declarator with no prototype
ebike_app.c:1538: warning 283: function declarator with no prototype
ebike_app.c:1563: warning 283: function declarator with no prototype
ebike_app.c:1781: warning 283: function declarator with no prototype
ebike_app.c:1790: warning 283: function declarator with no prototype

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    58.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    77.7 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
What's the most recent firmware I can safely upgrade to with the 850c display? I bought my TSDZ2 motor and firmware cables from Eco Cycles now rebranded as Electrify Bike Co. Current firmware is ancient, 0.5.0-beta.7 for the display. Not totally sure if that's identical for the motor.

Attachments

• FirmwareVersion.jpg
    FirmwareVersion.jpg
    826.2 KB · Views: 10
I have a basic question about the OSF programming process. My hardware and software setup seems to be working as I can read the factory files from the motor, and I have saved all three. Now preparing to try the OSF programming steps. The Java configurator has three Setting tabs: Basic, Assistance, and Advanced. Is each tab compiled and flashed separately or are all done in one operation?

Does anyone have a working link explaining how to flash the 860c? I found several mentions of needing to make or buy a 'bootloader box' but any links to buy or diy are dead.

What's the most recent firmware I can safely upgrade to with the 850c display? I bought my TSDZ2 motor and firmware cables from Eco Cycles now rebranded as Electrify Bike Co. Current firmware is ancient, 0.5.0-beta.7 for the display. Not totally sure if that's identical for the motor.
The firmware update must be done both on the display and on the motor, with the same version.
If you want to try my most recent you can find it in my signature. Read the manual carefully before using it.

I have a basic question about the OSF programming process. My hardware and software setup seems to be working as I can read the factory files from the motor, and I have saved all three. Now preparing to try the OSF programming steps. The Java configurator has three Setting tabs: Basic, Assistance, and Advanced. Is each tab compiled and flashed separately or are all done in one operation?
They are compiled in a single operation.

I purchased a tdsz2 OSF kit from eco-cycles back in 2019. I'm only getting around to installing it now.... It came flashed with OSF software, I believe v.19, though I'm not positive. It has the 850C controller. I'd really like to be able to use the additional power modes, hybrid in particular because we have really steep hills around our town in Ireland. There are warnings in mbrusas's 860c version in github that the 850c is not recommended to be flashed with that version because of bricking problems. I believe that the version of the code this thread is dedicated to works only with the default code in the display -- and I believe my display has already been flashed with the v.19 code. Is there a way to make this work? Thanks!

Back