Adaptto Mini-E/Max-E Owner's Thread

Allex said:
So where are your Profiles screen? We need to look at it.
Well that was silly of me not to include it. Here it is:
DSC_2499.jpg

Played a bit with PWR timing, but no difference...I don't think that's the problem as I'll explain.

Ohbse said:
What firmware are you running? Apologies if you already mentioned it.
I'm running RC9G_4.

Ohbse said:
You really need to get a new battery though, that level of sag means you're hitting it pretty damn hard and it's probably getting pretty toasty and further shortening its remaining life. Not to mention the sweet spot for high power on a mini-e or any other controller with 100v FETs is about 80v/20s
Yeah, I realize that. This is my old Stealth Fighter LifeP04 battery with over 500 cycles on it. I'm just using it till I can save up for a new 18650 pack.

So back to my issue, I think I've discovered another key piece of information that's really strange. With the above profile settings, Eco mode works well and as expected, accelerating nicely and topping out at about 40kph. However in Normal and Boost modes, I get great acceleration up till 25kph where it just stops accelerating and sits at 25kph without going any faster. I can't find any settings that might be causing it to do this.
The only one I can think of is the speed ratio, which is currently set to about 83. What should it be set to for a 24" wheel?

Anyone got any idea's? I'm hoping it's really obvious, and I'm just blind. :p

Cheers

In Setting up the Mini-E - Whilst the charge coil was in-line, a helper adjusted the angles of the halls whilst the throttle was on... and there was a big clunk.... and error HALLS 1.

Don't care if I void warranty - need to fix or replace ASAP. Where do I start?

Mammalian04 said:
Yes, the problem is that the battery can't get a full charge is the spiked cells get too high.

Right now, I unplugged the charge and I marrying to get the BMS to balance down from 3.62 to 3.39 where the rest of the cells are after tonight's charge. Then I will try plugging the charge back in at a low charge rate.

It's always something.... After this, I need to figure out what temp sensor is in my Cromotor v3 as it always says 32 degrees F, even when the motor is very hot to touch.

thanks for that, ill test accordingly.

@temp sensor, are you sure you have the right one selected?

Willow, I am guessing the controller still lights up and everything. From the main screen go to the side until you get to the screen with the hall diagnostics on it. Slowly spin the wheel and hopefully its a simple issue with one of the halls been dead should get all the 1 to cycle through :) I have run the bike with the charge coil still plugged in, short term accidental you should be ok. Go out riding like i did and say good buy to the controller if you hit high power.

For everyone's info, if your experiencing speed limiting on high speed motors you will find that pwr timing has a large effect on the top speed too. Just make sure you calculate your actual e-rpm so you dont get too close to the max.

Cowardlyduck said:

Cheers

Well for starters, remove those acc limit values you have on all the profiles, I dont know what they are good foor, but I guess for Kids or your granny.
You will not feel PWR adjustment diff. when you have those limits above.

Willow said:
In Setting up the Mini-E - Whilst the charge coil was in-line, a helper adjusted the angles of the halls whilst the throttle was on... and there was a big clunk.... and error HALLS 1.

Hm could the FETs or only halls sensors if you are lucky.
Start by testing halls.
BTW, you mini was just picked up by DHL, will send you the tracking number.

Hi Allex, do I have the following settings in the right range for the BMS to balance how it is supposed to?

Mammalian04 said:
INDIVIDUAL CELL SCREEN
Maximum: 3.650v
Minimum: 2.500v
Balancing: 3.550v
Critical: 2.000v

BMS SCREEN
Low Voltage Cutoff: 50v (2.5v per cell)
High Voltage Cutoff: 73v (3.65v per cell)

Charge Screen
Charge Cutoff: 74.8v (3.74v per cell)
Supply Voltage Drop: 2.89v (I'm not sure how to determine what this should be for my 48v Meanwell charger)

Allex said:
Willow said:

Start by testing halls.

Thanks Alex.

You could use those ebay ones, they just might be a bit big, as the are the same size as the ones that the controller has on it that the screen etc plugs into.

Hi Guys, how long does peak KW last for on the current Mini-E ? also whats the new peak going to be ? 8 or 10 kw.

I am getting radio silence on this one. Could someone with a properly balancing BMS post their settings for the following? It's ok if you have LiPo instead of LiFe numbers. I just want to see voltage settings relative to the other settings. I originally thought my bank 4 was bad but it has the same behavior with I skipped 4 and used the next one. Could be a improperly functioning pack somehow but I want to make sure I get the settings right first.

Mammalian04 said:
Hi Allex, do I have the following settings in the right range for the BMS to balance how it is supposed to?

Mammalian04 said:
INDIVIDUAL CELL SCREEN
Minimum: 2.500v
Critical: 2.000v

BMS SCREEN

Charge Screen
Charge Cutoff: 74.8v (3.74v per cell)
Supply Voltage Drop: 2.89v (I'm not sure how to determine what this should be for my 48v Meanwell charger)

ridethelightning said:
Mammalian04 said:
After this, I need to figure out what temp sensor is in my Cromotor v3 as it always says 32 degrees F, even when the motor is very hot to touch.

thanks for that, ill test accordingly.

@temp sensor, are you sure you have the right one selected?

I have read conflicting reports about the right temp sensor in the Cromotor V3. I'll shoot a note to ZombieSS to ask.
EDIT: confirmed to be 10k NTC for the Cromotor v3.

Mammalian04 said:

Mammalian04 said:
INDIVIDUAL CELL SCREEN
Minimum: 2.500v 2.33/2.5v here
Critical: 2.000v 2.7v here - you first hit the critical scale and then Minimum, this is a bit missleading

BMS SCREEN

Charge Screen
Charge Cutoff: 74.8v (3.74v per cell) why so high? Should be 2.65 per cell
Supply Voltage Drop: 2.89v (I'm not sure how to determine what this should be for my 48v Meanwell charger)depends how low it sags under load - what is acceptable for the PSU

Cowardlyduck said:
Allex said:
So where are your Profiles screen? We need to look at it.
Well that was silly of me not to include it. Here it is:
DSC_2499.jpg

Played a bit with PWR timing, but no difference...I don't think that's the problem as I'll explain.

Ohbse said:
What firmware are you running? Apologies if you already mentioned it.
I'm running RC9G_4.

Ohbse said:
You really need to get a new battery though, that level of sag means you're hitting it pretty damn hard and it's probably getting pretty toasty and further shortening its remaining life. Not to mention the sweet spot for high power on a mini-e or any other controller with 100v FETs is about 80v/20s
Yeah, I realize that. This is my old Stealth Fighter LifeP04 battery with over 500 cycles on it. I'm just using it till I can save up for a new 18650 pack.

So back to my issue, I think I've discovered another key piece of information that's really strange. With the above profile settings, Eco mode works well and as expected, accelerating nicely and topping out at about 40kph. However in Normal and Boost modes, I get great acceleration up till 25kph where it just stops accelerating and sits at 25kph without going any faster. I can't find any settings that might be causing it to do this.
The only one I can think of is the speed ratio, which is currently set to about 83. What should it be set to for a 24" wheel?

Cheers
Duck, In your Power Profiles, go to "Acc", then press and hold the left button until the numbers disappear and you see "----" in all 3 profiles. You will have much better acceleration...

Also, set your "Pwr Timing" to at least 1.4 - 2.5 from +0.53
"Control Method" to "Auto"
"SPD Smooth" to as high as you can
"LS Enable" to "Off"
"Acc off on Brake" to "No"

Then do an "Autodetect" and fine-tune from there

Allex said:
Willow said:

Start by testing halls.

There is a short to ground on one of the phase wires. Fets fecked?

Thanks Allex. I will make the adjustment. Regarding the charge cutoff, I thought it had to be higher. I think you mean 3.65, not 2.65 right?
Allex said:
Mammalian04 said:

Mammalian04 said:
INDIVIDUAL CELL SCREEN
Minimum: 2.500v 2.33/2.5v here
Critical: 2.000v 2.7v here - you first hit the critical scale and then Minimum, this is a bit missleading

BMS SCREEN

Charge Screen
Charge Cutoff: 74.8v (3.74v per cell) why so high? Should be 2.65 per cell
Supply Voltage Drop: 2.89v (I'm not sure how to determine what this should be for my 48v Meanwell charger)depends how low it sags under load - what is acceptable for the PSU

Thanks Allex, I didn't change the settings much but I'll give it a go and see if it works.

Also, for those wondering about the Cromotor v3 temp sensor, ZombieSS confirmed it is a 10k NTC.

Allex said:
Could be this
http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/waterproof-cable-connector-sensor-right-angle_60230258318.html

Yeah thats the one and i contacted them yesterday. They want $60 usd for two. They are nuts :lol:

Anyway i got my max-e hooked up and love it. Thanks allex you the man :mrgreen:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/female-and-Male-Sensor-Connector-plug-2m-black-line-straight-Type-used-for-proximity-switch-M8/32376343893.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.18.j5D4E6&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_9_71_72_73_61_74_75,searchweb201527_5,searchweb201560_9

Back