Tsdz2 firmware open source adapted to vlcd5, vlcd6 and xh18

Yes, the controller is exactly the same as 6pin
The only difference is, that the 8pin has 2 extra wires for throttle or temperature sensor.
Thank you for your answer.
I have one more question. Will throttle still work after upgrade (of 8 pin version)?

Same problem here, I have three different clones and an original st link.
Tried updating firmware and drivers.
I had the custom firmware on the tsdz2.
Month back tried to flash again and got the controller stuck, shows 00 on the display, now pedaling manually and waiting on a new controller.
Really loved the custom firmware but not sure if I dare try flash on the new controller.

Using laptop with 64bit win 10.
Solved.
With original st link i have swim, ground and 5v thats from another usb port(original does not have 5v output) connected all the time.
I connect the rst cord after I launched the st link program(before pressing read all tabs) and leave on, exit st link and launch java script.

I have one more question. What is the safe current setting for motor without temperature sensor?
I have 48V motor and 48V battery.

Dear friends. In the latest version of the software, an error occurs while compiling.

Attachments

• 2023-06-15_11-07-50.png
    2023-06-15_11-07-50.png
    26.5 KB · Views: 12
I have the STlink connected, installed with recent drivers and have updated the firmware, but unfortunately it can't find the TSDZ2. I've connected the wires as instructed and display is off. Any ideas? :)

Used driver https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stsw-link004.html#overview

I just installed OSF in my TSDZ2B.
I must admit that I am shocked. I didn't expect such a difference. It's like buying a new high-end motor.

@Saab900: I had the same problem. I had two errors alternately: "cannot connect to tool" or "error while reading 0x8000".

What helped was disconnecting and reconnecting the battery to the bike a few times and switching the programmer to a different usb port - in short I don't know exactly what helped, but somehow it worked....

I have the STlink connected, installed with recent drivers and have updated the firmware, but unfortunately it can't find the TSDZ2. I've connected the wires as instructed and display is off. Any ideas? :)

Used driver https://www.st.com/en/development-tools/stsw-link004.html#overview

View attachment 335217
What voltage are you using from the STLink? For me, the 5v would not work. I had to switch to 3.3v.I assume you have the battery switched off or disconnected. I also purchased one STLink that was defective. It took a while to figure out that was the problem.

What voltage are you using from the STLink? For me, the 5v would not work. I had to switch to 3.3v.I assume you have the battery switched off or disconnected. I also purchased one STLink that was defective. It took a while to figure out that was the problem.
Hmm, maybe it's the STlink then. Both Voltages aren't working.

Hi,I was wondering if anyone would have an idea of what could be wrong. My torque sensor is not providing assist. Everything looks ok with it. The walk assist works fine so the controller looks like it is working. The display works fine but the re and re1 reading both say 70 and do not change when moving the pedals. I removed the sensor and checked the wires and copper coil and they are fine. Could it be a loose wire in the controller which also looks ok? i dont know what else to check as all seems ok but no assist is given.

Hi,I was wondering if anyone would have an idea of what could be wrong. My torque sensor is not providing assist. Everything looks ok with it. The walk assist works fine so the controller looks like it is working. The display works fine but the re and re1 reading both say 70 and do not change when moving the pedals. I removed the sensor and checked the wires and copper coil and they are fine. Could it be a loose wire in the controller which also looks ok? i dont know what else to check as all seems ok but no assist is given.
easiest is to swap with new sensor to test . did you test coils with voltage tester for continuity ?

The motor works very well, same as mine, with smooth power assistance, but once I get to 13.5mph the assistance stops and the motor feels like a brake, peddling harder feels like I have the brakes on and it is difficult to get above 15/16mph. If I slow down the assistance comes back. I checked speed limit setting from VLCD5 and it is "35" (my system set to mph but not sure what units "35" is from this screen?) I have tried setting speed limit to "off" but it makes no difference.

I have checked the Data Memory file from both motors and they look to be the same.

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this?

Thank you in anticipation of your help.
Maybe try adjusting the magnet distance to the speed sensor.

So guys, very helpful this forum and many thanks to the builder of the OSF!

I have a VLCD10 which i hoped that would work with this version of the OSF. Firstly i reinstalled my original VLCD5 and flashed the controller. My assumption was that in order for the VLCD10 to work, the VLCD6 setting in the Java tool would be the right one because VLCD6 and VLCD10 share the same kind of buttons. However all seems to work fine with my current VLCD5 settings and the VLCD10 connected (VLCD5 back in storage).

So maybe i will try the VLCD6 settings but for now i dont see any reason to do so. Hope this helps anyone

Is there a way to display current power usage in amps/watts on vlcd6?
With stock FW? No

With OSF? Yes
You must enable inside Java configurator/Advanced Settings the number of values and which values you want to see.
Instructions you find inside the configurator manual.

Last edited:
Probably by turning off the lights--usually backlights are tied to headlights, so whatever control turns one on/off, turns the other on/off at the same time.

If that's not an option, you could make a flipdown "shade" for it for nighttime use using a dark but transparent plastic or glass, like a lens from sunglases, etc.

Back