TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

My questions are :-
Can I run this setup (36v motor, 48v bartery, high cadence, KTCD3) with mbrusa firmware ?
Can I run this setup and swap out the KTLCD3 for a VLCD6 ?
Because the controller of Tsdz2B and Tsdz2 are exactly the same, there should be no problem to flash OSF

You can flash the old 1.9 version again and you are up and running
Because you have an older KTLCD3 from 2018, imho you can flash mbrusa's version too.
Flashing the controller only for use with VLCD6 stock display should be no problem at all. You can setup the battery Voltage to what you want in the Java configurator.

Last edited:
Because the controller of Tsdz2B and Tsdz2 are exactly the same, there should be no problem to flash OSF

You can flash the old 1.9 version again and you are up and running
Because you have an older KTLCD3 from 2018, imho you can flash mbrusa's version too.
Flashing the controller only for use with VLCD6 stock display should be no problem at all. You can setup the battery Voltage to what you want in the Java configurator.
Great. I was slightly confused as I’d seen posts stating that a new controller was now being used and it was locked so to OSF available for it.

That still has me a bit confused, too. I saw posts about the v2 controller being locked from OSF last year so when I went shopping for a second TSDZ2 which would be the B version a month ago I was surprised to see it could be bought with OSF pre-installed. I got one and it does indeed have and work with OSF.

Great. I was slightly confused as I’d seen posts stating that a new controller was now being used and it was locked so to OSF available for it.

I have TSDZ2B running OSF 860C ver. 0.20.1c-4. I added motor temp sensing and set units in Fahrenheit. Temp sensing works great and appears very accurate. I have problem with graph of motor temp showing 2x actual value. See photo below where motor temp is 134F and graph shows approx 270F.

Is there a fix for this?

Attachments

• IMG_6357.jpeg
    IMG_6357.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 6
..... I saw posts about the v2 controller being locked from OSF..

An EU certified locked V2 controller is only sold by Enerprof Germany.
PSWpower and other International sellers are still selling the old V1 controller.

I can't see wrong values.
Only on the third tab I see you have entered to read Volts/Volts at start up.
Default is soc%/auto
Also I see battery full 3.92V and reset 4.10V, so that is different from defaults too (4.10/4.10V)

Try the defaults to see if you reading will be back again.
you think this may have impact on wh readings ?

hey
can it be done easily that instead of ODO km i could have temperature / motor power / wh used etc ?
odo is resetting anyway every 1000km with vlcd6 so it's kinda useless ... having constant view of temperature for example without interruption with speed reading seems better option
cheers
any chance on this ? is this possible to do somehow ? or is this display function ?

any chance on this ?....
"instead of ODO km i could have temperature / motor power / wh used etc ?"

imho Yes.

From the manual:

DATA DISPLAY
In this mode it is possible to view on the display data relating to the operation of the TSDZ2 Motor.
The data is displayed in the speed field, with values between 3.4 and 99.9. Lower values are ignored, this is a limitation of the displays.
For better data resolution, set the wheel diameter, only on the display, to the maximum available.
The data display is active at all driving levels (from 1 to 4, ECO - TOUR - SPORT - TURBO) Level 0 - OFF is reserved for display's functions.
Usage. When the lights are turned on, the data is automatically displayed in sequence, for the time set for each individual data, then the lights can be turned off or left on.
The type of data, the number of data, the order of the sequence and the display times of each individual data, are set in the configurator.
By default, two data are displayed, 1 - residual battery percentage, 2 - battery voltage, for a time of 5 seconds each.
If the "Set parameters" function is enabled, first the code and status of the selected parameter is displayed for 5 seconds, then the sequence of data.
If the time of a data is set to zero, the display of that data is continuous, without time limit.
It is possible to interrupt the display sequence by turning off the lights.
Changing the level before the end of time moves on to the next data, up to the last of the sequence.
If the lights are already on, to repeat the data display, simply turn them off and on again.
Attention, be aware that the display always interprets the data received as a speed and consequently
increases the odometer value, even when the bike is stationary.

I have TSDZ2B running OSF 860C ver. 0.20.1c-4. I am having problem with indiscriminate Trip Distance and Trip Time resetting during a ride. Doesn’t happen every ride, but maybe one time out of four. I have trip memories (A&B) to reset at one hour and that works fine. Problem is when I ride… after a few miles the displayed distance and time reset. The rest of the ride is OK. Odometer is perfect.

Any ideas….

"instead of ODO km i could have temperature / motor power / wh used etc ?"

imho Yes.

From the manual:

DATA DISPLAY
In this mode it is possible to view on the display data relating to the operation of the TSDZ2 Motor.
The data is displayed in the speed field, with values between 3.4 and 99.9. Lower values are ignored, this is a limitation of the displays.
For better data resolution, set the wheel diameter, only on the display, to the maximum available.
The data display is active at all driving levels (from 1 to 4, ECO - TOUR - SPORT - TURBO) Level 0 - OFF is reserved for display's functions.
Usage. When the lights are turned on, the data is automatically displayed in sequence, for the time set for each individual data, then the lights can be turned off or left on.
The type of data, the number of data, the order of the sequence and the display times of each individual data, are set in the configurator.
By default, two data are displayed, 1 - residual battery percentage, 2 - battery voltage, for a time of 5 seconds each.
If the "Set parameters" function is enabled, first the code and status of the selected parameter is displayed for 5 seconds, then the sequence of data.
If the time of a data is set to zero, the display of that data is continuous, without time limit.
It is possible to interrupt the display sequence by turning off the lights.
Changing the level before the end of time moves on to the next data, up to the last of the sequence.
If the lights are already on, to repeat the data display, simply turn them off and on again.
Attention, be aware that the display always interprets the data received as a speed and consequently
increases the odometer value, even when the bike is stationary.
but not instead of normal speed value . I meant ODO value. the small numbers on the bottom of the display

I have TSDZ2B running OSF 860C ver. 0.20.1c-4. I added motor temp sensing and set units in Fahrenheit. Temp sensing works great and appears very accurate. I have problem with graph of motor temp showing 2x actual value. See photo below where motor temp is 134F and graph shows approx 270F.

Is there a fix for this?
Indeed there is a problem, I will check.

An EU certified locked V2 controller is only sold by Enerprof Germany.
PSWpower and other International sellers are still selling the old V1 controller.
Hello! How do we know which model has the V2 controller?
Enerprof Germany sells two models:
  • The 2020 TSDZ2 version with break coaster [link]
  • The 2023 TSDZ2B Freewheel version [link]
The descriptions doesn't mention "EU certified" but they are sold by Enerprof so if we want to use OSF we should avoid these?

Last edited:
The descriptions doesn't mention "EU certified" but they are sold by Enerprof so if we want to use OSF we should avoid these?
I don't know about V2 controller, but I will advise to buy the "B" model with helical gears instead of spur gears.
Good design improvement....

How do we know which model has the V2 controller?
You don't know before ordering.
If you have this motor already, you can do this with a multimeter.
You need to measure between 2 lowest pins on the speedconnector.
You will measure 0V for the V2 controller or 5V for the old V1 controller.
connectionsoldnew2-jpg.306086

As a lot of buyers have confirmed.
Enerprof only, does sell these controllers, meaning no changeble speedlimit, no OSF

Enerprof=V2
"This engine meets the requirements of the StVO (German traffic regulations) and does not have to be approved. The maximum speed 25 km/h is preset."

Looks like a change to my system has been forced upon me. My ktlcd3 took impact damage today and is no longer working. screen is cracked and liquid crystal is swishing about in it. My options are to try and source an old style KTLCD3 from ? Buy an VLCD6 or buy a VLC 13 and upgrade to OSF 20.1c With this OSF version also work the VLCD 10 and 13 ?

Hello friends. I noticed sometimes it manifests itself that the motor stops helping, then after a while the help returns. Switching also helps. The latest firmware. What engine assembly can give such a defect?

Hello friends. I noticed sometimes it manifests itself that the motor stops helping, then after a while the help returns. Switching also helps. The latest firmware. What engine assembly can give such a defect?
Assuming you mean that you have intermittent problems with assist not working, then working again later, those types of things are usually caused by a poor connection or broken wire somewhere. (for the TSDZ2 this can also include the torque sensor wiring).

If it is more than just loss of assist, but actually turning off (blank display) you may have a battery problem where the BMS is cutting power from an error condition, to protect your cells from damage.

I don't know what you mean by "switching also helps"--what are you switching?

Assuming you mean that you have intermittent problems with assist not working, then working again later, those types of things are usually caused by a poor connection or broken wire somewhere. (for the TSDZ2 this can also include the torque sensor wiring).

If it is more than just loss of assist, but actually turning off (blank display) you may have a battery problem where the BMS is cutting power from an error condition, to protect your cells from damage.

I don't know what you mean by "switching also helps"--what are you switching?
Thank you. I'm not just having a physical blackout. Engine assistance is lost for a minute or two. I'm curious who did this?

Thank you. I'm not just having a physical blackout. Engine assistance is lost for a minute or two. I'm curious who did this?
I don't know what you are trying to say.

If you have a "physical blackout" (assuming this means power turns off, display goes blank), then you would lose *everything*, all assist and everything else.

But you can lose assist without losing power.

This is why I suggested checking the different things depending on which problem you are actually seeing.

What does "I'm curious who did this?" mean? Did what, and to who?

And you haven't answered what "switching also helps" means.

well , its simple - he is losing assistance but motor is not shutting off . if he turns off/on that helps . and he is curious what causes it

When there is no assistance, does an error code appear?

Looks like a change to my system has been forced upon me. My ktlcd3 took impact damage today and is no longer working. screen is cracked and liquid crystal is swishing about in it. My options are to try and source an old style KTLCD3 from ? Buy an VLCD6 or buy a VLC 13 and upgrade to OSF 20.1c With this OSF version also work the VLCD 10 and 13 ?
If they are for TSDZ2 with Tonsheng protocol they might work, but confirmation will only come when someone tries them.

Why not just get an 860C?

Back