• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

TSDZ2 OSF for all displays, VLCD5-VLCD6-XH18, LCD3, 860C-850C-SW102.

Odd "Cleaning failed!!" message error with laptop.
I have a laptop and a desktop both with the same Java configurator files and SDCC files the same locations. Both machines are Windows 10 and 64 bit. The laptop produces the "Cleaning failed!!" message immediately after a Compile and flash attempt; and then stops. The desktop proceeds with the build process without error. Is there an explanation? I need the laptop to work on the bike.

Odd "Cleaning failed!!" message error with laptop.
I have a laptop and a desktop both with the same Java configurator files and SDCC files the same locations. Both machines are Windows 10 and 64 bit. The laptop produces the "Cleaning failed!!" message immediately after a Compile and flash attempt; and then stops. The desktop proceeds with the build process without error. Is there an explanation? I need the laptop to work on the bike.
This might happen if you run the 32bit Version of sddc. It is even there fixableby replacing some files according to mbrusas wiki. I cant remember the details, But I had the same Problem on a Win 10 32bit Tablet and reported it here in the forum to mbrusa.

I've just installed the latest OSF on my TSDZ2B.It works great. I have a 36v motor and 48v battery. it's been so long since I've made any changes (I think I last changed my config in 2019 when I loaded OSF 19). Looks like I've set the motor type to 48v. Should it be set at 36V ?

... a 36v motor and 48v battery. ....Should it be set at 36V ?
If you have a 36V motor you must choose the 36V motortype. This is because of the different coil properties of the motor.
You set the batterie proporties elsewhere.

Update to my post #2078 regarding the "Cleaning failed" error message.
The problem is resolved. There was an incorrect TSDZ2 open-source firmware loaded on my laptop which had missing files. Fixed now and the controller has been flashed successfully.

I tested the new firmware on a 14-mile road ride today. My tdsz2b system runs at 48 volts. I'm trying out the power assist mode with a vlcd6 display. There were problems with the response of the bike using this new firmware, and I'm hoping someone could comment with some tuning tips.

Motor assist would drop out every couple of minutes while pedaling at normal cadence and pedal pressure. After pedaling for another 12 seconds the motor assist would kick back on. This pattern continued throughout ride whether on level terrain or hilly.

Any ideas?

Regarding my experience with periodic dropouts of motor assist:
I do not have the speed sensor connected. With the factory firmware it was not necessary to have a speed sensor input; it worked fine without. Perhaps the dropouts I'm getting with the new firmware relate to the absence of a speed input. If so, is there a setting that would override the need for a speed input?

Regarding the motor assist dropout problem discussed earlier:
The problem was resolved when the speed sensor was connected. It's clear now that the speed sensor input is required for the OSF to work correctly. Lesson learned.

Need a help - cant find solution :(
First - new tsdz2b 48v 500 with 8pin VLCD5.

before I connected battery or anything i installed temp sensor
Ive got my diy ST link, with short cable (done exactly like should be).
ST link program was installed in default directory, because now it’s impossible to install it on c:\ directly - problem with rights to files. So I’ve installed it to default directory and moved it to c:\ I don’t think it’s the problem.

Now I can’t connect to the engine - information as on attached picture “cannot communicate with device, check the SWIM cable connection…”
Cable is 3cm long, and checked few times, verified on few pages, if it’s connected right.

I’ve been trying with power from usb, then from battery, with and without RST… same error

Btw:I can’t also start it normally - I’ve got E04 on vlcd5 screen :(

Help what to do ?

Attachments

• IMG_5974.jpeg
    IMG_5974.jpeg
    6.5 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5975.jpeg
    IMG_5975.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Nope :( firmware updated, but still same Error - its not a problem with „connection to the tool” its problem „check swim cable connection”.

Last edited:
.... its problem „check swim cable connection”.
Your housing looks different from others, GND/SWIM could be swapped.
Pull back the alu housing to check the real connections on PCB

Attachments

• stv2.jpg
    stv2.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Looks like it’s similar inside and outside

Attachments

• IMG_5979.jpeg
    IMG_5979.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 10
  • IMG_5980.jpeg
    IMG_5980.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
I frequently get error 02 (which is a torque sensor error). The error does not appear when I power the bike on (without weight on the pedals) but when I first apply weight to the pedals. I am allowing enough time for initialisation and the torque sensor upper and lower limit is calibrated correctly. Will any of the other torque settings make the torque sensor more sensitive to error 02?

Thanks Paul

Yes there is 4,7v between SWIM and GND when the bike is on.
In that case the controller is flashable, so your problem is still the connection with STlink.
You can try 3.3V instead of 5V connection, but if this will help.....

FYI
You got the error 04, because of the temperature sensor with stock firmware.
It is a throttle fault and a temperature sensor works with OSF like a negative throttle.
Maybe it is possible to disable the throttle on Vlcd5 settings

Last edited:
Hello guys,

I'm planning to add some extra cooling kit to my tsdz2, I'm getting it from:

And I think I will go for premium one, because I always use lvl 5 assistance and I make 40-60km rides every now and then.

My question is, if I add temperature sensor (I got 8pin controller so I can utilize throttle connector for that) would I get the temperature read on 850c? (stock one - tsdz2 protocol)

During one of my rides I've noticed that after 30min of ride on lvl 4-5 (around 35-38km/h) I have to push harder, is it because motor is too hot and demagnetize(case was only warm in touch)? or OSF has some safety features that prevents above? Usually next day everything seems to work normally.

I can't check my OSF settings because my controller doesn't want to communicate with ST-Link anymore (I managed to flash it in the past though) so I want to get new controller from pws power too.

I have a VLCD5 and I used firmware v20.1C.2-2. I set the speed to 40 km. The maximum support is up to 20 km. I disabled 25 km on the VLCD5. Walking 6 km turns it on for 2 seconds, turns off, turns on, turns off.. .what is it. What causes it?

I have a VLCD5 and I used firmware v20.1C.2-2. I set the speed to 40 km. The maximum support is up to 20 km. ...
Push inside level one (eco), 2 times the lightbutton (=on/off) to disable streetmode. (L01-E02)

Last edited:
In that case the controller is flashable, so your problem is still the connection with STlink.
You can try 3.3V instead of 5V connection, but if this will help.....

FYI
You got the error 04, because of the temperature sensor with stock firmware.
It is a throttle fault and a temperature sensor works with OSF like a negative throttle.
Maybe it is possible to disable the throttle on Vlcd5 settings
Problem SOLVED - it was bad ST Link. In the mean time I ordered new one from other shop. just arrived and… success just from first try.
strange because this first one was recognized and updated by the oryginal firmware updater for ST page.
now all started in first run smoothly

Back