New "TSDZ2 Torque Sensor Central Motor"

Does anyone know what the default batter connector on the TSDZ2 is called? It seems to just be referred to as a "bullet connector", but it's hermaphrodite, and none of the adapters (say XT90 to "4mm bullet") have the correct male and female pins.

The only other connector I've found that looks similar is the "SAE" connector, for automobile use.

The battery I ordered came with XT90 connectors, and the male end has pigtails with 10AWG wire, when the motor itself uses 14AWG wire, and thus I can't easily crimp them together.

My options appear to be:
1. Buy some XT90 male with prewired 14AWG, then crimp to the motor.
2. Find an XT90 to ???? adapter, after resolving what ???? is :p

I don't normally wire stuff, and soldering is right out ;)

Does anyone know what the default batter connector on the TSDZ2 is called? It seems to just be referred to as a "bullet connector", but it's hermaphrodite, and none of the adapters (say XT90 to "4mm bullet") have the correct male and female pins.

The only other connector I've found that looks similar is the "SAE" connector, for automobile use.

The battery I ordered came with XT90 connectors, and the male end has pigtails with 10AWG wire, when the motor itself uses 14AWG wire, and thus I can't easily crimp them together.

My options appear to be:
1. Buy some XT90 male with prewired 14AWG, then crimp to the motor.
2. Find an XT90 to ???? adapter, after resolving what ???? is :p

I don't normally wire stuff, and soldering is right out ;)

Buy a 15 dollar soldering iron (or kit that includes solder/flux), buy knock-off xt90 connectors off your internet seller of choice and buy some 10 or 14awg wire to practice. watch 5 minutes of youtube videos and you'll know how to solder well enough. Soldering is incredibly easy and it's a very useful skill to have anyway. You should be able to purchase all of the above for 30-40usd and you get a solid connection from the battery to motor that can handle 30ish amps safely without the risk of a short and a skill for the rest of your life.

Any suggestions on diagnosing a drive-side creaking noise on my TSDZ2? The noise happens only when I'm pedalling and only on the drive side. It doesn't happen in walk assist.

I've tried reseating the motor, replacing the pedals, reinstalling the crank arms and none of that helped. Other than the creaking noise the bike works fine. Do you think it's a bad bearing? or the torque sensor? It's got a good amount of mileage and 3 years of use.

Any suggestions on diagnosing a drive-side creaking noise on my TSDZ2? The noise happens only when I'm pedalling and only on the drive side. It doesn't happen in walk assist.

I've tried reseating the motor, replacing the pedals, reinstalling the crank arms and none of that helped. Other than the creaking noise the bike works fine. Do you think it's a bad bearing? or the torque sensor? It's got a good amount of mileage and 3 years of use.

A possible guess is that the big steel gear just under the drive side motor cover is grinding the motor case. It might have developed axial play due to the helical teeth used. There was a long discussion about this matter in the forum. You don't get this noise in walk assist since the torque is too low to axially move the gear, unlike when you are in pedal assist.

And you can try narrow the problem to the motor by pedaling with the motor off and see whether this noise persists.

it might come from pedal platform , from crank taper ...take it apart and grease everything

A possible guess is that the big steel gear just under the drive side motor cover is grinding the motor case. It might have developed axial play due to the helical teeth used. There was a long discussion about this matter in the forum. You don't get this noise in walk assist since the torque is too low to axially move the gear, unlike when you are in pedal assist.

And you can try narrow the problem to the motor by pedaling with the motor off and see whether this noise persists.
Thanks for the suggestion - the noise occurs when pedaling with the motor off and on, same regardless. Do I need to replace the whole motor unit you think?

I took the cover off and it doesn't appear to be rubbing on the outer cover at least. And the bearings appear to be in good shape...

IMG_8733.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion - the noise occurs when pedaling with the motor off and on, same regardless. Do I need to replace the whole motor unit you think?

I took the cover off and it doesn't appear to be rubbing on the outer cover at least. And the bearings appear to be in good shape...

Well I dissassembled the whole thing and it all appeared in good shape. The only unusual wear I saw was on the drive side of the axle (as indicated by the arrow below), so I cleaned and greased that and the problem appears solved for now. Really appreciate all the suggestions!

IMG_8734.jpg

Well I dissassembled the whole thing and it all appeared in good shape. The only unusual wear I saw was on the drive side of the axle (as indicated by the arrow below), so I cleaned and greased that and the problem appears solved for now. Really appreciate all the suggestions!

View attachment 331633
If you haven't already you can add a bearing to the drive side to support the spindle better - that might help long term creak - and also reduce any wobble. Basically replace the rubber seal in the middle of the spider with a 6902 bearing. See this post - there are others but I can't find them. New "TSDZ2 Torque Sensor Central Motor"

PSWpower, and it's being called ToSevern
The name of Tongsheng or Tsdz2 isn't mentioned at the product pages, only inside the url
The name of this serie is: ToSeven middrive motorkit
It looks To7 or ToSeven is a new brandname.
The connection with Tongsheng is "Suzhou", a place in China
Inside the company profiles of To7 and TSE, I didn't find another connection

48V 750W 1000W version is DM01, 6000rpm and 26A-30A FOC vector controller
36V 48V 250 350W 500W version is DM02, 5000rpm and FOC vector controller too

The controller is different from Tsdz2 (4000rpm),
Mechanical there are also differences
So besides the outer case of the DM02 it looks a different design, based on the Tsdz2.

Attachments

• dm01.jpg
    dm01.jpg
    297.1 KB · Views: 25
  • dm02.jpg
    dm02.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
The two ToSeven motors listed on PSWpower don't look like the one in the videos above. And the video states it's a Tongshen motor.
The 1000w one looks EXACTLY like the one in the video.

Apart from the cooling fins ............

Last edited:
The 1000w one looks EXACTLY like the one in the video.

Apart from the cooling fins ............
As said before, the To7 and TSE models looks the same, but inside they are different
The video has the logo of TSE (Tongsheng) the bike has the logo of Aikema, which is related to TSE
The connection is that all 3 firms are located in Suzhou, so maybe To7 is a small group of former Tongsheng employees, that use the same network. But this is only speculation as long as there is no confirmation of this assumption

Last edited:
Back